Aldeer.com

Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands

Posted By: bamabeagler

Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 04:12 PM

I’m in the market for a few ladder stands. All my current ladders are the Walmart doubles(very uncomfortable to me), and I’ve never been in a Millennium or Game Winner. Looks like I can get the Game Winner singles for about half the price of the Millenniums. So my question is are the Millenniums that much better? I don’t have a problem paying extra for a good product but I’m not really into wasting money just so I can have a name brand.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 05:42 PM

Millenniums are very comfortable and hold up well in my experience. I will say that the Walmart Big Game Envoys have a Millennium "like" seat and are only $118.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Big-Game-Envoy-Ladderstand/43331007
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 05:56 PM

If you want comfort, the sling style seats like the millennium stands have CANNOT be beat. There are several on the market with this style seat, big game, muddy, etc, and they are much less than the millennium stands. Do some research and you can find what you like.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 05:58 PM

If they still make them, a Family Tradition is the best ladder stands ever built. Hands done, nothing even came close.
Posted By: mdf

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 06:20 PM

X Stand The Duke 21' has the best tree attachment system, just as good as millennium also cheaper. Hawk - Big Denali also 21' I believe it's man
and a half stand. Hawk has as good a seat as any on the market. But between game winner and millennium
I'd give millennium the nod,but would buy two game winners instead of millennium. If that makes sense.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 06:33 PM

Only problem with the millenniums is you might fall asleep in them.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by mdf
X Stand The Duke 21' has the best tree attachment system, just as good as millennium also cheaper.

By far the safest.
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 07:57 PM

Check out the hawk 1 1/2 man
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Joe4majors
Only problem with the millenniums is you might fall asleep in them.

He's right. Been there done that. rofl
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
If they still make them, a Family Tradition is the best ladder stands ever built. Hands done, nothing even came close.

Agree. Their stands are top quality and super comfortable. But prices went sky high after they moved from FL to MN years ago. Freight is the deal breaker and they can't compete down here. So, Millennium is my go-to stand now. Not as heavy duty as Family Traditions but the Millennium is still well made and the sling seat is comfy.
Posted By: 700ltr308

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 11:06 PM

Millennium hands down.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 11:31 PM

Hawk is same quality as Millenium and has a bit more room. I have blind chairs from both companies, and bought the Hawk stand.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/21/19 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by WildlifeBiologist
Originally Posted by Out back

Agree. Their stands are top quality and super comfortable. But prices went sky high after they moved from FL to MN years ago. Freight is the deal breaker and they can't compete down here. So, Millennium is my go-to stand now. Not as heavy duty as Family Traditions but the Millennium is still well made and the sling seat is comfy.

Family Tradition stands are built like a tank, but they are VERY pricey, like WB said. The hawk stands mentioned above are very nice and the safety of the attachment system is great.
Posted By: bdw32

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 01:44 AM

I’d have a hawk before a millennium and a millennium before a game winner. Those cheap stands are exactly that. I’m not knocking anyone that uses them heck I still have some but I hate em. I’ll pay the extra and get quality. Muddy, hawk, millennium, x-stand. Those would be my first choices.
Family traditions stands are amazing and very well built but they priced themselves out of it for me.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by mdf
X Stand The Duke 21' has the best tree attachment system, just as good as millennium also cheaper.

By far the safest.

Get ready to devote about 3 hours to put it together if it's anything like the 2 man. That's an aggravating SOB
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by mdf

By far the safest.

Get ready to devote about 3 hours to put it together if it's anything like the 2 man. That's an aggravating SOB

I've got a couple of the 1-man version. I'd say 2 hours, it's not the quickest thing I've ever done.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 12:44 PM

I have a couple of the game winner ladder stands from academy that are extremely comfortable. You can sit all day. $119 each. I also have a couple of the game winner loc-ons that also are all day stands. $69 each. I refuse to pay for the melleniums. My stands stay up 24/7/365.
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 02:27 PM

It took me a lot of contemplating to convince myself ( actually my wife ) that I needed a millennium, but finally my wife bought me a M150 monster. It was the best 257.00 that I have ever spent on hunting, it is super comfortable. After my wife hunted in it, she decided we need more. I recommend the millennium if your budget allows.
Posted By: hitek

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 04:06 PM

Hunted out of Millenniums in the past. Put together my first Game Winner yesterday and set it up. Bought 4 at end of last season for half price... As far as comfort it is about the same as the Millenium in my opinion. There are a few other differences in the ladder portion but when buying several I could not justify the difference. I guess if I was just purchasing one it might be different.
Posted By: hitek

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Shotts
Millenniums are very comfortable and hold up well in my experience. I will say that the Walmart Big Game Envoys have a Millennium "like" seat and are only $118.

Those are not bad but the platform is tiny. Ok for me but I get leery when I have my kids with me. Comfortable sitting though.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by hitek
Originally Posted by Shotts

Those are not bad but the platform is tiny. Ok for me but I get leery when I have my kids with me. Comfortable sitting though.

Love my Envoys. Great customer service too (had one damaged in shipping)
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 06:28 PM

Just curious, if any of you millennium fans have tried the game winner stands?
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden
I have hunted the game winner but as mentioned above I like a larger platform.
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden

Yes. Millennium wins hands down for quality and comfort.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 09:14 PM

I've hunted out of Millennium ladder and lock-on stands at several places, and now have one (which I need to put up). They're sturdy, comfortable and IMO worth the money.

Be sure to get some lifeline ropes for the stands and wear a safety harness.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/22/19 11:58 PM

I have several Millennium and one Game Winner lock ons. While GW is comfy, they don’t beat Millennium comfort and quality.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/23/19 01:55 AM

Most of my ladders are X-Stands. I have a couple of the game winner ladders though, they are comfortable and worth the price to me.
Posted By: kb717

Re: Millennium vs Game Winner Ladder stands - 07/23/19 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

I've hunted out of Millennium ladder and lock-on stands at several places, and now have one (which I need to put up). They're sturdy, comfortable and IMO worth the money.

Be sure to get some lifeline ropes for the stands and wear a safety harness.

All of the Millenniums now include both a high quality lifeline w/ carabiner, and harness. Something to consider when pricing stands since most quality lifelines cost 30.00.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM