Aldeer.com

Beware spypoint cam

Posted By: chris3954

Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 05:18 PM

I'll keep it short.. Bought a cam 12/15/2018 sent it in for repairs in April 2019.
With proof of purchase and receipt IAM still getting the run around on a repair.. spypoint "claims to have a 2 year warranty period"

They even had the nerve to ask if I'd like to purchase a upgrade with a very low discount in exchange for the repair..wow..

I'll stick with Moultrie from now on..
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 05:23 PM

You bought something 5 months into the future? Awesome, McFly.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 05:30 PM

Uhhh - 12/15/2018 is 8 months ago, not in the future
Posted By: bigt

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck

Reading comprehension is a thing of the past lol
Posted By: bigt

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 05:37 PM

Spypoint customer service is crap. I will stick with Coverts myself.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by bigt

Reading comprehension is a thing of the past lol

LOL guy thinks it's 2018

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by chris3954
I'll keep it short.. Bought a cam 12/15/2018 sent it in for repairs in April 2019.
With proof of purchase and receipt IAM still getting the run around on a repair.. spypoint "claims to have a 2 year warranty period"

They even had the nerve to ask if I'd like to purchase a upgrade with a very low discount in exchange for the repair..wow..

I'll stick with Moultrie from now on..

I have one spypoint and it's a good cam. My Moultrie's are good too and I did send one back. It had been discontinued and I got a free upgrade, and had it a week later.

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 06:26 PM

He edited it, you dumbasses.

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 06:51 PM

Yep grin
Posted By: chris3954

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 07:36 PM

I can't even..

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 08:47 PM

Every time I edit a post, it shows it has been edited. I see that on lots of posts.......

Like this - Last edited by CNC; 07/15/19 04:51 PM.

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

Every time I edit a post, it shows it has been edited. I see that on lots of posts.......

Look in the lower left corner of the edit box. There is a blue checkbox there labeled "Mark as edited". Uncheck that box. The post won't show as being edited.

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/17/19 11:31 PM

thumbup

Never looked for that, as I'm the dumbass who misspelled a word and had to go back and change it in my post because my OCD won't allow me to leave it.
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/18/19 07:00 PM

Look in the lower left corner of the edit box. There is a blue checkbox there labeled "Mark as edited". Uncheck that box. The post won't show as being edited.

It's safe to say almost no one on this forum knows that box exist... until now I thought I was the only one. I guess I'm not special anymore crazy
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/19/19 02:04 PM

My camera stopped working after 7 months and it took 2 months to get customer service to send a replacement. They did add 2 month back on my plan. They are better than Moultrie but no by much.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/20/19 10:22 AM

How’d y’all get good customer service from Moultrie? This was a couple of years ago now but I bought a moultrie hame cam after season on sale. Used it through the summer into the fall it worked great, then it started just taking hundreds of blank pictures. I called and was told to send it back. It was returned 3 weeks later with a letter stating that they could not repair the camera and basically it was trash. No offer no nothing. It went in the trash.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/20/19 10:24 AM

Didn’t know that about the edit box either. Learn something everyday.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/20/19 11:15 AM

Actually another mod edited the original post. But there’s always a record a post was edited or deleted.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Beware spypoint cam - 07/20/19 12:37 PM

I decided to try a few of the different cell cameras this spring. I bought three different ones. The first two I bought were the SPYPOINT Dark models. They have worked perfectly. Whenever I buy a new model, Most of the time I buy them from Trailcam Pro. They have a two year warranty so I don’t have to go through the manufacturer. I bought the Spypoints when they were offering a rebate of free remote antenna’s. (You had to mail proof-of-purchase to SPYPOINT). I guess I got lucky.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM