Aldeer.com

Climbing Tree off season close one

Posted By: gcr0003

Climbing Tree off season close one - 07/14/19 05:57 PM

Is it legal to climb a tree on public land out of deer season. Why, you might ask. I live in a apartment and would like to get comfortable with some new climbing gear I’ll be using this season. We already walk the dog on a lot of the wheeler roads, so I’d like to know if y’all think I’ll get harassed for climbing a tree out of season.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Climbing trees off season - 07/14/19 06:03 PM

I know of no laws against climbing trees...... unless it is right beside the neighbors windows. As long as you don’t have a weapon I don’t see how you would be in violation.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Climbing trees off season - 07/14/19 06:05 PM

I don't see why it would be illegal.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Climbing trees off season - 07/14/19 06:17 PM

I do it quite often and never had a problem. Especially after refurbishing a stand when I need to check it out
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Climbing trees off season - 07/14/19 06:23 PM

Go for it.
Posted By: bdw32

Re: Climbing trees off season - 07/14/19 06:54 PM

What setup you trying?
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Climbing trees off season - 07/14/19 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by bdw32
What setup you trying?

Lone wolf sticks, muddy sticks, XOP Vanish lock on, lone wolf alpha II lock on. The Lone Wolf I bought at the end of last season from JUGHEAD (i believe) I tried out for the first time today. The straps must’ve be shot be cause a few seconds standing on it, the straps let out about 6 inches, which tilted the stand down about 20 degs and almost sent me flying. I’ll be sure to replace any straps when buying used again. I also shoulda tested it on the ground before getting on it up in a tree. The whole thing coulda messed me up bad if I wasn’t strapped in. Gonna see if the company warranty’s the straps. Maybe they’d be willing to send me new ones.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM