Aldeer.com

Hunter Orange

Posted By: oakachoy

Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 05:40 PM

Are these legal in Aldeer's opinion for minimum orange requirements?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Be_Cam

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 05:43 PM

IMO yes
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 05:44 PM

By law no. But I get ones like that made up for my company and no one has ever had a word said to them
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 05:51 PM

The minimum 144 square inch is not met unless the entire cap is orange.
So technically, no. That cap isn't legal.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 05:54 PM

Don't think that will work, legally.
Posted By: oakachoy

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 05:58 PM

Hmmm, Looks like 48 people may be jeopardy, I guess I shoulda checked with the experts sooner!
Posted By: MC21

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:01 PM

Technically no but the hat I wear on private land is like that. I usually keep a cheap orange vest that folds up when I decide to hunt public land .
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:02 PM

The cap is NOT legal. In fact, I got a ticket for a similar cap about 30 years ago by a stupid azzhole GW. My cap has a reversible top. I rode up to my truck on my 4 wheeler and some young buck GW was waiting on me. He asked me "are you wearing one or two hats?" I replied "one" he told me it was illegal because the entire hat was not a solid orange color. If I had been wearing an orange toboggan over my camo hat it would have been legal, even though it would have been the same amount of visible orange. slap

Stupid, dumbphuck turd. I still wear that hat sometimes. If I get another ticket, I'll be sure to express my appreciation by pissing on it for Mr green jeans.
Posted By: MC21

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
The cap is NOT legal. In fact, I got a ticket for a similar cap about 30 years ago by a stupid azzhole GW. My cap has a reversible top. I rode up to my truck on my 4 wheeler and some young buck GW was waiting on me. He asked me "are you wearing one or two hats?" I replied "one" he told me it was illegal because the entire hat was not a solid orange color. If I had been wearing an orange toboggan over my camo hat it would have been legal, even though it would have been the same amount of visible orange. slap

Stupid, dumbphuck turd. I still wear that hat sometimes. If I get another ticket, I'll be sure to express my appreciation by pissing on it for Mr green jeans.


LOL that sucks. I think I’ve got the same type hat you are talking about. We had a game warden stop by our camp a few years ago and he never said anything to me. Of course I was at camp not technically hunting yet.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:14 PM

That's about like getting a speeding ticket for doing 56 in a 55.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:18 PM

I don’t even think a logo on the front is allowed.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:19 PM

Not legal. The regs are pretty plain on that one
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
I don’t even think a logo on the front is allowed.



Read the regs , it's allowed. A small one
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:44 PM

not legal, but I never wrote a ticket for any like it.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 06:57 PM

What is this hunter orange you speak of..... whistle
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by top cat
What is this hunter orange you speak of..... whistle


Something you get fined $159 for if you get caught without it in Tuscaloosa County, back in 1998. whistle
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 08:16 PM

I want one smile Kidding. At least you didnt use blue lettering like most I see.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
The minimum 144 square inch is not met unless the entire cap is orange.
So technically, no. That cap isn't legal.

it says 144 sq in OR a hat or cap
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 08:35 PM

Small logo only. No camo or suede bills. But that’s all I get made is camo or suede bills.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 09:12 PM

the hat ive been wearing for 4 or 5 years is like that with a suede bill didnt know it wasnt legal. Ill just play my odds and go to court if i have to because thats a ridiculous rule if a beanie is legal but a hat is not because of the bill ill fight that ticket.
"A small logo and/or printing is permitted on the front of hunter orange caps; otherwise, hunter orange must be of solid color and visible from any angle."
I dont see where a hat bill would break that rule the top of the hat is still visible from any angle. except maybe looking up from my feet if someone shoots me because I stepped on them I doubt its because of my lack of orange.
Posted By: oakachoy

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 09:22 PM

A small logo and/or printing is permitted on the front of hunter orange caps; otherwise, hunter orange must be of solid color and visible from any angle. Only hunter orange, commonly called blaze orange, ten-mile cloth, etc., is legal. The various shades of red as well as camo orange are not legal.

Still questionable to me. Solid hunter orange from any angle. Seems like it spells out the orange camo break up pattern not the bill color. Like others said its the same as wearing a sock hat over a camo hat.

Of course, I want it to be good since I just ordered some.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 09:43 PM

I’d go with it.
Posted By: oakachoy

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/09/19 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
I’d go with it.


yep, I already did!
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 12:14 AM


Well. if that ain't legal , neither is the ol' "boggin".





https://www.amazon.com/s?k=blaze+or...g=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_2y4vf9hwys_b
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 01:09 AM

Small logo on the front and visible 360 degrees it's legal
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 01:13 AM

That will get a ticket. Stupid, yes but the law is the law. It’s not 144 sq inches with the bill being camo.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Snuffy
That will get a ticket. Stupid, yes but the law is the law. It’s not 144 sq inches with the bill being camo.

minimum of 144 square inches of hunter orange OR either a full size hunter orange hat or cap.

144 inches applies to vests or other clothing not worn on the head
Posted By: daylate

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 02:37 AM

damn poacher
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 02:39 AM

You’re a daylate
Posted By: daylate

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 02:40 AM

always have been
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 02:50 AM

The 144 inches only applies to a vest or jacket or coat or whatever. That hat would be visible for 360 but I wouldn't risk it simply because it says of solid color. Personally I don't need a law to make me be visible to the other idiots in the woods. If im out there and get shot it wont be because I wasn't wearing orange.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 03:09 AM

I would bet that the game wardens will tighten up on marginal tickets like orange caps and late hunting after the bait law passed.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by SuperSpike
The 144 inches only applies to a vest or jacket or coat or whatever. That hat would be visible for 360 but I wouldn't risk it simply because it says of solid color. Personally I don't need a law to make me be visible to the other idiots in the woods. If im out there and get shot it wont be because I wasn't wearing orange.

It might be. In fact, I have a theory that orange only makes you a better target. Half the folks out there, or more, don't carry binoculars. So they see an orange blip and (guess what) you're in the cross hairs while they investigate.
I also have a second theory, deer can see orange. That one actually isn't a theory, it's a fact, I've seen it happen too many times.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 11:33 AM

The orange thing was truly a safety issue, the game warden would be required to wear it. 😉
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Out back
The orange thing was truly a safety issue, the game warden would be required to wear it. 😉

Well the game warden isnt hunting sooo, but I see your point. I can walk through my hunting land while others are hunting with out orange if I’m not carrying a weapon, and be perfectly legal. I guess some how if youre carrying a weapon you look more like a deer than if your hiking
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 01:04 PM

I had an outlaw I had arrested go to the courthouse to sign a warrant on me for not wearing orange while I was working. The clerk refused to issue the warrant. I was pissed at her...I could of owned a gas station after the lawsuit was over grin
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 02:25 PM

If I wanted to wear a neon sign, I wouldn't bother to invest in camouflage clothing.
I will decide how to address my safety. Not the government.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 03:11 PM

Mississippi requires 500 square inches. So you have to wear a stupid vest. I wear a hat for bonus points...
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 04:13 PM

That hat is the same thing as baiting.


smile
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 04:28 PM

I know a guy that is color blind and the colors orange and red are shades of brown to him. he cant track any wounded animal or see hunters orange
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by deadeye48
I know a guy that is color blind and the colors orange and red are shades of brown to him. he cant track any wounded animal or see hunters orange

I'm colorblind. Red and green appear brown or black to me. I can't trail bloodsign to save my life.
Orange and yellow appear to be very much the same, but they certainly don't look like camouflage.
Deer can see orange, and I ain't gonna wear it.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
I had an outlaw I had arrested go to the courthouse to sign a warrant on me for not wearing orange while I was working. The clerk refused to issue the warrant. I was pissed at her...I could of owned a gas station after the lawsuit was over grin



Had an aquatinance of mine get his yankee ass popped for hunting over corn. Even though I told him it wasn't legal. He had pics of the GWs on his trail cam not wearing orange and they weren't when they caught him. He raised heck about it. Even called Montgomery. All he did was make a world class asshole out of himself. Tickled me laugh
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by top cat
Originally Posted by BhamFred
I had an outlaw I had arrested go to the courthouse to sign a warrant on me for not wearing orange while I was working. The clerk refused to issue the warrant. I was pissed at her...I could of owned a gas station after the lawsuit was over grin



Had an aquatinance of mine get his yankee ass popped for hunting over corn. Even though I told him it wasn't legal. He had pics of the GWs on his trail cam not wearing orange and they weren't when they caught him. He raised heck about it. Even called Montgomery. All he did was make a world class asshole out of himself. Tickled me laugh

heres a twist what if im not hunting say im just riding around the property but im carrying a shotgun or .22 for snakes and such do I need orange?
Posted By: MC21

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by GKelly
Originally Posted by top cat
Originally Posted by BhamFred
I had an outlaw I had arrested go to the courthouse to sign a warrant on me for not wearing orange while I was working. The clerk refused to issue the warrant. I was pissed at her...I could of owned a gas station after the lawsuit was over grin



Had an aquatinance of mine get his yankee ass popped for hunting over corn. Even though I told him it wasn't legal. He had pics of the GWs on his trail cam not wearing orange and they weren't when they caught him. He raised heck about it. Even called Montgomery. All he did was make a world class asshole out of himself. Tickled me laugh

heres a twist what if im not hunting say im just riding around the property but im carrying a shotgun or .22 for snakes and such do I need orange?

Shouldn’t be
Posted By: mman

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/10/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by top cat
Originally Posted by BhamFred
I had an outlaw I had arrested go to the courthouse to sign a warrant on me for not wearing orange while I was working. The clerk refused to issue the warrant. I was pissed at her...I could of owned a gas station after the lawsuit was over grin



Had an aquatinance of mine get his yankee ass popped for hunting over corn. Even though I told him it wasn't legal. He had pics of the GWs on his trail cam not wearing orange and they weren't when they caught him. He raised heck about it. Even called Montgomery. All he did was make a world class asshole out of himself. Tickled me laugh


Should have also gotten a ticket for being stupid...but I guess that's not illegal.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/12/19 07:28 PM


Y'all are going to keep asking questions about this and we'll end up with minimum 500 square inches.

(No, the cap in the OP isn't legal.)
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/12/19 08:03 PM

Game Warden says no- based on Blaze Orange Hats I was given to give to deer hunters at a charity event, GW said cap and bill must be blaze- ok to have some kind of small logo/ embroidery on it.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/12/19 10:21 PM

break out the tape measure and calculator.
Pies are square I believe.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/12/19 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stob
break out the tape measure and calculator.
Pies are square I believe.

Pie are squared.
Posted By: James

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/12/19 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Small logo only. No camo or suede bills. But that’s all I get made is camo or suede bills.


Same here all mine are camo or suede Bills and i really don't give a chit 😁
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/12/19 11:46 PM

Don't take the hat off once it is dark! I never knew you had to have orange on once it got dark. I was hunting a management area and walked out way after dark with a gray toboggan on. Almost wrote up for not having orange on.

I wear a Cabelas fleece vest and forget about the orange hat.
B
Posted By: AC870

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/13/19 12:29 AM


It’s crazy to me the bill can’t be different color.
Hadn’t studied the regs in awhile m
Can’t you take it off if in a blind or more than 12 feet up a tree?
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/13/19 01:40 AM

If a orange "boggin" is legal , the hat pictured should be. Only difference is one has a bill.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/13/19 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
If a orange "boggin" is legal , the hat pictured should be. Only difference is one has a bill.

I agree. 😈😈
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/13/19 01:43 AM

Yep
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/13/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by AC870

It’s crazy to me the bill can’t be different color.
Hadn’t studied the regs in awhile m
Can’t you take it off if in a blind or more than 12 feet up a tree?


Yes. You also don't have to wear orange if your walk from your vehicle to your enclosed blind/12 ft high stand is less than 20 feet.
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/14/19 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
If a orange "boggin" is legal , the hat pictured should be. Only difference is one has a bill.


The hat probably has an open back (trucker style) which reduces the # of square inches of orange. I guess technically, since much of the rear of the cap would be perforated, it wouldn't be considered "solid". A fitted hat would be solid and might consist of off 144 inches of orange minus the bill.

A toboggan or beanie would be "solid " orange in 360 degrees and probably would be 144 inches.

I use a cheap $3 solid orange cap to move to and from my stands when weather permits. I use a cheap solid orange toboggan or beanie when it's cold.

I'm not on anyone's prostaff or making a fashion statement while hunting so, no need for logos. I do have hats similar to the op's for driving around, attending dinner parties and church because there aren't any regulations in those instances.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/14/19 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by eclipse829
Originally Posted by 2Dogs
If a orange "boggin" is legal , the hat pictured should be. Only difference is one has a bill.


The hat probably has an open back (trucker style) which reduces the # of square inches of orange. I guess technically, since much of the rear of the cap would be perforated, it wouldn't be considered "solid". A fitted hat would be solid and might consist of off 144 inches of orange minus the bill.

A toboggan or beanie would be "solid " orange in 360 degrees and probably would be 144 inches.

I use a cheap $3 solid orange cap to move to and from my stands when weather permits. I use a cheap solid orange toboggan or beanie when it's cold.

I'm not on anyone's prostaff or making a fashion statement while hunting so, no need for logos. I do have hats similar to the op's for driving around, attending dinner parties and church because there aren't any regulations in those instances.

The 144 sq in requirement does NOT apply to hats. The law does not specify the type of hat, It simply reads a hat of solid orange color, which means IF the hat has a bill, it must also be orange. If it is just a toboggan, it must be of solid orange color.
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/14/19 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by eclipse829
Originally Posted by 2Dogs
If a orange "boggin" is legal , the hat pictured should be. Only difference is one has a bill.


The hat probably has an open back (trucker style) which reduces the # of square inches of orange. I guess technically, since much of the rear of the cap would be perforated, it wouldn't be considered "solid". A fitted hat would be solid and might consist of off 144 inches of orange minus the bill.

A toboggan or beanie would be "solid " orange in 360 degrees and probably would be 144 inches.

I use a cheap $3 solid orange cap to move to and from my stands when weather permits. I use a cheap solid orange toboggan or beanie when it's cold.

I'm not on anyone's prostaff or making a fashion statement while hunting so, no need for logos. I do have hats similar to the op's for driving around, attending dinner parties and church because there aren't any regulations in those instances.

The 144 sq in requirement does NOT apply to hats. The law does not specify the type of hat, It simply reads a hat of solid orange color, which means IF the hat has a bill, it must also be orange. If it is just a toboggan, it must be of solid orange color.


I should have start my comment with " if you choose to use a hat as your only form of blaze orange".
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/14/19 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by eclipse829
Originally Posted by 2Dogs
If a orange "boggin" is legal , the hat pictured should be. Only difference is one has a bill.


The hat probably has an open back (trucker style) which reduces the # of square inches of orange. I guess technically, since much of the rear of the cap would be perforated, it wouldn't be considered "solid". A fitted hat would be solid and might consist of off 144 inches of orange minus the bill.

A toboggan or beanie would be "solid " orange in 360 degrees and probably would be 144 inches.

I use a cheap $3 solid orange cap to move to and from my stands when weather permits. I use a cheap solid orange toboggan or beanie when it's cold.

I'm not on anyone's prostaff or making a fashion statement while hunting so, no need for logos. I do have hats similar to the op's for driving around, attending dinner parties and church because there aren't any regulations in those instances.

The 144 sq in requirement does NOT apply to hats. The law does not specify the type of hat, It simply reads a hat of solid orange color, which means IF the hat has a bill, it must also be orange. If it is just a toboggan, it must be of solid orange color.


[Linked Image]

If I were "busted" for the above posted cap. I'd have my day in court and carry 3 pieces of evidence , the cap , a orange "boggin" and a pair of scissors.
Many of our game laws and regs are void of common sense, I can't stand lack of common sense .
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/18/19 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by SuperSpike
The 144 inches only applies to a vest or jacket or coat or whatever. That hat would be visible for 360 but I wouldn't risk it simply because it says of solid color. Personally I don't need a law to make me be visible to the other idiots in the woods. If im out there and get shot it wont be because I wasn't wearing orange.

It might be. In fact, I have a theory that orange only makes you a better target. Half the folks out there, or more, don't carry binoculars. So they see an orange blip and (guess what) you're in the cross hairs while they investigate.
I also have a second theory, deer can see orange. That one actually isn't a theory, it's a fact, I've seen it happen too many times.


Why would you need binoculars if you have a scoped rifle?
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/18/19 11:45 PM

So you’re not pointing your rifle at some one if you’re not sure about what you’re seeing
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Hunter Orange - 07/19/19 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Groundhawg
Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by SuperSpike
The 144 inches only applies to a vest or jacket or coat or whatever. That hat would be visible for 360 but I wouldn't risk it simply because it says of solid color. Personally I don't need a law to make me be visible to the other idiots in the woods. If im out there and get shot it wont be because I wasn't wearing orange.

It might be. In fact, I have a theory that orange only makes you a better target. Half the folks out there, or more, don't carry binoculars. So they see an orange blip and (guess what) you're in the cross hairs while they investigate.
I also have a second theory, deer can see orange. That one actually isn't a theory, it's a fact, I've seen it happen too many times.


Why would you need binoculars if you have a scoped rifle?

So that you DO NOT POINT A LOADED RIFLE AT A TARGET YOU HAVE NOT IDENTIFIED!! This is what causes these alleged hunting accidents your hear about every year, which was really a DUMBPHUCK pointing his rifle at a target not identified. Scopes are for aiming your weapon.
© 2019 ALDEER.COM