Aldeer.com

Your best Alabama public land buck

Posted By: delmarodonnell

Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 12:17 PM

Let’s see your all time best buck taken on Alabama public land and the property killed on.
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 12:37 PM

No picture but it was a 8 point killed on corps land in Boligee. Little basket rack with bow
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 12:37 PM

[Linked Image]

No monster but I'm plenty proud of it.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 12:58 PM

[Linked Image]

Taken on the Cahaba WMA before work.

Stand was 11 miles from front porch.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by BOFF
[Linked Image]

God Bless,
David B.

You and Outback look like long lost brothers. Seriously.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors
[Linked Image]

God Bless,
David B.

My condolences.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 01:22 PM

230lb 10pt. Now there is a big 6pt in the same area I will be after this year. He about run me over last year. He is a main frame 8pt with no brow tines. If I don't get him this year he will be going downhill by next.

[Linked Image]greek male baby names
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors
[Linked Image]

God Bless,
David B.

Well that was 22 years ago. I'm 20 lbs heavier and not that skinny anymore.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 01:59 PM

Wait till Southwood sees this thread!
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 02:15 PM

Southwood oughta have serious back issues with all the bucks he pulls out of the woods.
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by slippinlipjr
230lb 10pt. Now there is a big 6pt in the same area I will be after this year. He about run me over last year. He is a main frame 8pt with no brow tines. If I don't get him this year he will be going downhill by next.

[Linked Image]greek male baby names

Man that’s a great buck! I hope you get that big 6, I love seeing those big heavy bucks come off public land!
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 04:50 PM

Technically the stand was on public land, but the buck was standing on the lease. Main frame 10 with matching kickers on both G2s. Best thing is he had K9 teeth.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 11:38 PM

you want to see some good al public land bucks...look at Mteague. I give credit where credit is due.

He has shot some fine studs on the bankhead, black warrior for sure.

I just don't hunt deer on public land. I have been fortunate to own my own land and hunt some great leases/clubs. But he has sure enough shot some monsters. great job to him for getting it done too.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/07/19 11:53 PM

Don't know how to post pics but a 4.5 yo 10 point that scored 142 and some change from Oakmulgee.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/08/19 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Don't know how to post pics but a 4.5 yo 10 point that scored 142 and some change from Oakmulgee.

Nice! Go to imgur.com and set up an account. It is very easy.

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/08/19 12:56 AM

I saw an absolute giant at Cahaba River several years ago. Crossed a road in front of me after dark. One of the two biggest bucks I have ever seen. Huge 10 or 12 with a long sticker off right g2. Never heard of anyone taking him. That one would probably go over 160 a giant. I later scouted the area but found nothing remarkable. Don't know where he came from but it is was near Helena.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/08/19 01:17 AM

Coosa WMA, about 12 Years ago with a muzzle loader on back to back days, not huge but the one I had mounted had as symmetrical a rack as I’ve ever killed. I wouldn’t go back in there where I killed em now if you could guarantee me a 140” buck! I ain’t that mad at em anymore. Them hills are too rough

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/08/19 01:51 AM

I have seen some Monsters killed out of Cahaba WMA. Really surprising how big they get there. Must have great genetics.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/08/19 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Big Bore
I have seen some Monsters killed out of Cahaba WMA. Really surprising how big they get there. Must have great genetics.

I think it’s because Cahaba is not an easy place to hunt. Those big uns don’t linger around the main roads. While trying to get some turkey pics I got a night pic of a buck that would go close to 160”.

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/08/19 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe
Originally Posted by Big Bore

I think it’s because Cahaba is not an easy place to hunt. Those big uns don’t linger around the main roads. While trying to get some turkey pics I got a night pic of a buck that would go close to 160”.

One of my best friends back in the day (who has since passed away) took some monsters out of there back when it was US Steel land. Nothing but reclaimed strip pits and a few stands of pine and hardwood. Very crappy land that was abused by strip mining, us riding atvs and dirt bikes, trash dumpers, etc. But he found a couple of good places and shot three giants that I know of. Pretty sure he was hunting down by the river but he never told me exactly where. Definitely some good genetics there.

Back in the late 90's and early 2000's Oakmulgee and Coosa had some great bucks too. Not sure how it is now. Haven't hunted in AL in the past few years sadly enough.
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/08/19 04:14 PM

This buck was taken at the Upper Delta WMA. This area is prone to flooding and for three straight deer seasons before I killed this buck it was flooded. This is not the biggest buck, but he was hard to get to. It was a good hike through some swamps to get to him. I had missed him two weeks prior with my bow at 15 yds. I hit a limb, and he trotted off without a clue. Went back with my rifle in late January (There are only certain gun days) and was able to get a second chance at him. It was a heckuva drag but man it was well worth it on public ground. I posted a link, I hope it works. They could make it easier to post pics.

[img]https://hosting.photobucket.co...920&height=1080&fit=bounds[/img]
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Your best Alabama public land buck - 07/08/19 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by zgobbler5
This buck was taken at the Upper Delta WMA. This area is prone to flooding and for three straight deer seasons before I killed this buck it was flooded. This is not the biggest buck, but he was hard to get to. It was a good hike through some swamps to get to him. I had missed him two weeks prior with my bow at 15 yds. I hit a limb, and he trotted off without a clue. Went back with my rifle in late January (There are only certain gun days) and was able to get a second chance at him. It was a heckuva drag but man it was well worth it on public ground. I posted a link, I hope it works. They could make it easier to post pics.

[img]https://hosting.photobucket.co...920&height=1080&fit=bounds[/img]

Cool story. I love reading stuff like that. You sure as heck earned that one.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM