Aldeer.com

persimmons already???

Posted By: SouthernRoots

persimmons already??? - 07/06/19 07:58 PM

I have found 3 different persimmon trees already dropping fruit in two different counties. Ive never found persimmons dropping this early. Any thoughts?
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/06/19 08:04 PM

unusually early
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/06/19 08:08 PM

I just saw that but they looked black to me like they dropped green and were rotting. I didnt pick one up but they looked like they had dropped green. It has been a strange year for sure. But then again every year is, just in different ways.
Posted By: Out back

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/06/19 08:09 PM

Probably dropping green for lack of rain.
My corn is burning up. My yard is crunchy.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/06/19 10:00 PM

Seems like you can find seeds in coon crap 12 months of the year. Don’t know where those little ninjas find that many persimmons.
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/06/19 11:48 PM

There are definitely some green ones on the ground where im finding them. The others laying are a purple / blueish color. I suppose it would make since that they are rotting once they hit to turn that color? like I said I've never seen any fall this early so the weird color is new to me too.
One of them was on the edge of a beaver pond that has fairly damp soil still. Weird if it was due to lack of rain IMO
Posted By: Turkeyboy

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/07/19 12:32 AM

Wind
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/07/19 12:40 AM

A good dry normal summer.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/07/19 01:46 AM

I saw one on the ground today, small and green. All the rest were still small and green on the tree. As I recall they ripen in September or so.
Posted By: Out back

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/07/19 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by jaredhunts
A good dry normal summer.

A dry miserable depressing unbearably disgusting normal summer.
Posted By: Dublgrumpy

Re: persimmons already??? - 07/07/19 02:18 AM

I found green persimmons on the ground today. If The tree gets stressed (no rain) it will drop it's fruit.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM