Aldeer.com

World Deer Expo

Posted By: dsayer

World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 02:39 PM

Saw a billboard for the World Deer Expo July 19-21. I'm new to Alabama so I've never been before. Is it worth checking out? Any activities for 3.5 year old? I couldn't find a list of exhibitors.
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 02:54 PM

popcorn
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 03:21 PM

3.5 will enjoy it. There is an abundance of non hunting related crap.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 03:28 PM

They have crappy bed sheets but really good peanut butter fudge.

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!

Perfect. I'm really needing some crappy bed sheets.
Seems a less than enthusiastic crowd for this event.
Posted By: Clem

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by dsayer

We've just seen these for years and like any other expo or event, there are some neat things and cool things and other things that make you scratch your head in wonder.

But for a 3.5 year old, spending time with you doing Big Boy stuff and looking at deer mounts and eating fudge would be all that matters. If you're taking him, make it fun for him and y'all enjoy.

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 07:35 PM

what Clem said
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 08:20 PM

Crocket creek jerky and cracker boy are usually about all I buy. Sunday before closing you can get deals though.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 08:37 PM

Do they score deer at this expo like they do at Buckmasters?
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 09:23 PM

Yes ^^^^^

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

We've just seen these for years and like any other expo or event, there are some neat things and cool things and other things that make you scratch your head in wonder.

But for a 3.5 year old, spending time with you doing Big Boy stuff and looking at deer mounts and eating fudge would be all that matters. If you're taking him, make it fun for him and y'all enjoy.

Yep the little guy will like it. It's not that bad. I would still go but I just hate dealing with the crowd.
Posted By: Clem

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/22/19 10:37 PM

Just know you're going into downtown Birmingham, so you may not make it out alive. laugh
Posted By: dsmc

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/23/19 12:25 AM

I’ve been a few times and it’s pretty good to kill a few hours, that being said the fresh lemonade downstairs is the bomb and you can get in free with your firefighter ID😁

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/23/19 01:43 AM

Thanks everyone. We'll probably check it out. Will check something off the "what to do in Bham list" if nothing else.
Posted By: Antlerfluke

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/23/19 02:40 PM

The Deer Show catches hell on here, but LOL... it's not a bad way to spend several hours. Yes, you'll get hit-up to have your watch cleaned, etc... lots of stuff that isn't hunting related and overpriced food.

But all in all, it's a lot of fun!!!!!! And you get to see the man, the preacher, the best salesman in the world, that feller that sells, what I actually think is the best ratchet cut and limb saws I've ever used. The Florian Tools guys. He'll have a crewcut and he'll be wearing a yellow shirt and his wife of 100 years will be with him. His tools are the real deal, though!!!

It's fun.

And no to the Mr. High Fence man selling hunts... I'd rather kill a 120" free range buck near a swamp off the T'bigbee or AL Rivers than kill a 200" buck who is coming to me because he smells a human thinking I may have an apple to feed him. I may catch some flack for stating that, but I'm just not impressed with Freakazoid Bucks that are raised in pens and you'll see a lot of that at the show.

Posted By: lances

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/26/19 07:54 PM

Would be a fun time!!
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/26/19 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Antlerfluke
The Deer Show catches hell on here, but LOL... it's not a bad way to spend several hours. Yes, you'll get hit-up to have your watch cleaned, etc... lots of stuff that isn't hunting related and overpriced food.

But all in all, it's a lot of fun!!!!!! And you get to see the man, the preacher, the best salesman in the world, that feller that sells, what I actually think is the best ratchet cut and limb saws I've ever used. The Florian Tools guys. He'll have a crewcut and he'll be wearing a yellow shirt and his wife of 100 years will be with him. His tools are the real deal, though!!!

It's fun.

And no to the Mr. High Fence man selling hunts... I'd rather kill a 120" free range buck near a swamp off the T'bigbee or AL Rivers than kill a 200" buck who is coming to me because he smells a human thinking I may have an apple to feed him. I may catch some flack for stating that, but I'm just not impressed with Freakazoid Bucks that are raised in pens and you'll see a lot of that at the show.

if the shoe cleaner guys are there they will clean one shoe for free then want you to pay them to do the second one. i just walked off and an hour later come back by and got them to do the second one and walked off again
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/26/19 09:09 PM

It's fun.

I wonder if our Lt Governor himself will be there selling hunts for the Dream Ranch?
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/28/19 04:54 AM

Lots of good deals on Sunday. They hate packing all their crap up! Best bow hangers in the world sold there too. Been buying them for years.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/28/19 01:29 PM

Any activities for 3.5 year old?!

ill be there with my 3.5 year old. She enjoys it, so does the wife (who cares nothing about hunting at all), its good people watching if nothing else.
Posted By: jrs89

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/30/19 01:02 AM

I got to take the kids. They will be some beautiful women there as well! Met Hannah Barron and her dad last year and they were very nice.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: World Deer Expo - 06/30/19 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by jrs89
I got to take the kids. They will be some beautiful women there as well! Met Hannah Barron and her dad last year and they were very nice.

Who are they?
Posted By: Thread Killer

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/02/19 06:45 AM

My wife, her mom and my kids go. It gets me a few hours of silence in the house or yard and they always come back with tales of wacka-do hunting stuffs that they thought I'd like, Toilet time reading material and sometimes if I'm real lucky a couple T shirts to change oil in.
Posted By: Hix14

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/02/19 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
Crocket creek jerky and cracker boy are usually about all I buy. Sunday before closing you can get deals though.

Exactly. Crocket Creek jerky is wonderful. I've actually ordered from them on the awful net. We use the cracker boy and girl seasoning too.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/02/19 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Originally Posted by jrs89

Who are they?

Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/08/19 05:34 PM

Sitting on a dirty Murry Riding mower shooting an AR in the back yard..... Priceless.

Is that all it takes to be a celebrity nowadays?

The World Deer Expo sux. If that didn't register with anyone based on most of the previous posts.
Posted By: Antlerfluke

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/09/19 12:29 AM

Who's Hannah Barron? Oh my!!!! She should be every outdoors-lovin' young man's dream!!! She's an impressive young woman that knows more about living and providing and doing for yourself than most all men.

She is a VERY attractive young woman and she's attractive in so many ways.

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/09/19 01:27 AM

Guess I'm in the minority but I wouldn't want a woman who hunts .

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/09/19 06:17 PM

Me neither man, gotta have a little space.

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/09/19 06:18 PM

Who's Hannah Barron? Oh my!!!! She should be every outdoors-lovin' young man's dream!!! She's an impressive young woman that knows more about living and providing and doing for yourself than most all men.

Looks like she is only a teenager. Wouldn't want a bunch of old deer hunters leering at my daughter like that.
Posted By: jb20

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/09/19 06:26 PM

Looks like she is only a teenager. Wouldn't want a bunch of old deer hunters leering at my daughter like that.

She's over 20
Posted By: Out back

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/09/19 06:32 PM

Me neither man, gotta have a little space.

Not to mention every thing becomes twice as expensive.
She wants her own clothes, her own guns, etc. On the bright side, when it's just you and momma at the camp, the games are more fun.

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/09/19 06:43 PM

TWICE doesn't even come close, more like 4X. Marks used to roll out the red carpet for my wife. I might buy cheep to mid range stuff....a woman NEVER. She went to "look" at a turkey gun and came home with a Benelli Montefeltro custom camo, custom stock, custom barrel gun for 5X what I ever paid for a shotgun.
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: World Deer Expo - 07/10/19 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
TWICE doesn't even come close, more like 4X. Marks used to roll out the red carpet for my wife. I might buy cheep to mid range stuff....a woman NEVER. She went to "look" at a turkey gun and came home with a Benelli Montefeltro custom camo, custom stock, custom barrel gun for 5X what I ever paid for a shotgun.

She has good taste. grin
© 2024 ALDEER.COM