Aldeer.com

lease increase

Posted By: Turkeymaster

lease increase - 05/21/19 02:28 PM

How many had their lease increase drastically this year with RMS? We have had a 2$ increase per acre over the last two years and have less timber than we've ever had, tiny food plots and its tough to even see deer for the most part. just doesnt make sense to me, theyre making it so expensive normal people can't afford it
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: lease increase - 05/21/19 03:09 PM

In Baldwin County we are at $9/acre with RMS. It has increased $1/acre over the last 2 years. We lease over 5,400 acres. Very few trees to climb.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: lease increase - 05/21/19 03:44 PM

You don't need climbing trees or food plots anymore. You can put up a feeder and cut a shooting lane in pines no matter what age the tree are and kill deer. The baiting bill will drive up the prices on all timber co land and if you don't want to pay it someone else will. I won't say what Rayonier is charging me but it has gone up.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: lease increase - 05/21/19 04:45 PM

This is why I decried the removal of Boykin and Scotch and others from the WMA system. The state has done nothing of which I am aware to replace them, even though there is a statutory mandate for them to do so. I've requested info about their efforts on more than one occasion. Crickets, except that I did get an email one time about the SOAs. Those are a totally inadequate replacement for a WMA, if you asked me. Hunting gets more and more expensive every year, and then the state wonders why it is losing hunters???
Posted By: JRF

Re: lease increase - 05/21/19 04:57 PM

Ours went up a dollar an acre last year. And $0.75 a acre this year.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: lease increase - 05/21/19 05:54 PM

Mine has gone up a $1.50 a acre in the last two years. We may kill everything we like off it this year and drop it. Not paying another big hike next year.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: lease increase - 05/22/19 01:23 AM

Rate went up a dollar this year. RMS- Macon Co.
Posted By: booner

Re: lease increase - 05/22/19 01:24 AM

We had a lease go up $5/acre.
Posted By: sanderson

Re: lease increase - 05/22/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by booner

WTH????
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: lease increase - 05/22/19 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by booner

With RMS? If so, what are you paying per acre?
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: lease increase - 05/22/19 02:02 PM

[quote=booner]We had a lease go up $5/acre.[/quote
thats outrageous
Posted By: Ant67

Re: lease increase - 05/22/19 11:46 PM

Gonna be a lot of clubs looking for members
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: lease increase - 05/23/19 02:00 AM

I'll bite.......what is RMS?
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: lease increase - 05/23/19 03:04 AM

Timber company bow tech.
Posted By: MTeague

Re: lease increase - 05/23/19 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ant67
Gonna be a lot of clubs looking for members

The same thing has been said for years but most clubs end up finding someone to fill the empty slots.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: lease increase - 05/23/19 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
Timber company bow tech.

Gotcha. Thanks.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: lease increase - 05/23/19 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by BowtechDan
I'll bite.......what is RMS?

Resource Management Services.
Posted By: cgardner

Re: lease increase - 05/23/19 01:11 PM

Ours went up 14% last year and another 8% this year. This after they cut 1,000 acres last year and didn’t have the decency to fix the roads when they were finished cutting!!
Posted By: MorningAir

Re: lease increase - 05/23/19 03:08 PM

It seems many clubs are getting hit with an increase this year. I get the daily emails from Rayonier on what they have available and goodness gracious, I've lived and hunted in some of those counties and I just don't think I could pay that much to hunt those areas even if I had plenty of disposable income.

The 15 dollar fee to dump out some corn is nothing compared to some of these lease prices. I looked at some land 5 years ago from frcdataroom that was 12.75 an acre. It was split by a paved road with 21 acres on 1 side and 82 on the other. The entire block was either planted or volunteer pines that a beagle would be afraid to walk through. I mean you couldn't even walk through those planted pines, but somebody leased it 2 weeks later. Even with these increases, I bet every parcel listed by every company will be leased before opening day. Somebody will pay it and they know it, which is why they can increase the price every year and never blink.
Posted By: North40R

Re: lease increase - 05/24/19 02:50 AM

Timber Co. we lease from has gone up $2.25 the past 2 years. If I could lease turkey rights only I'd be extremely happy but most clubs don't give that option.
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: lease increase - 05/24/19 03:26 AM

Hard to believe but we actually negotiated ours down .50 cents/acre.
Posted By: hayman

Re: lease increase - 05/24/19 10:39 AM

Our lease dropped $2/acre for next year.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: lease increase - 05/24/19 10:41 AM

I'd rather quit hunting than deal with a timber company.
Posted By: bigt

Re: lease increase - 05/26/19 07:26 PM

My days of paying high dollar leases to hunt in this State is long gone, but just amazes me the amount of money people will pay to hunt in this State. Granted there are still pockets of good hunting in this State it is mostly on private land. I haven’t seen a piece of timber company owned land worth more than $8 an acre in a long time. Generally timber companies could care less about hunter, the wildlife or what their timber practices do or don’t do for the wildlife and until the Alabama hunter decides to not be considered an afterthought it will not change.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: lease increase - 06/02/19 07:14 PM

Thats how they got so high. Same as trucks, gas and food. Folks keep forkin that cash over and getn screwed.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: lease increase - 06/02/19 07:36 PM

When we used to lease from private individual landowners we once made the mistake of telling the guy how great the hunting was. He ended up raising the cost. Never again. From then on always told the landowner how bad the hunting sucked and that we might not renew. He never raised it again haha.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM