Aldeer.com

Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart

Posted By: HHSyelper

Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 06:40 PM

Just a heads up, they will come down on there prices now. Just bought 20 for 100.00. North cullman has about 7 left and 5 deer pears left And the south store looks to have a bunch of each
Posted By: MTeague

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 06:48 PM

How big are they?

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 07:14 PM

Anywhere from 6 ft to 10 ft on chestnuts and 4-5 feet on pears. This is at north cullman Walmart. Not sure sizes atvsouth Walmart but looked about the same
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 07:28 PM

I just bought the big pot(7 gal) deer pears for $34 at Bessemer wallyworld, down from $49

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 07:32 PM

Fred did they have leaves? The ones I saw 3 had leaves and 4 didn’t
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 07:34 PM

the smaller pot pears did not have leaves, but the bigger pot ones did. I really had to did em out to get to the bigger trees.

all the others had a lot of leaves
Posted By: centralala

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 08:29 PM

I ordered 10 chestnut trees from Sunbright Farms. They where about 3' tall. Good price but don't remember what it was. Put them in the ground middle of Feb. and have 100% survival so far. Even the one where a buck thought the tree tube was an opposing buck. I've been very pleasesd.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 09:07 PM

my local WM had all their garden center trees marked down to half or more off. First ive seen them do that this early in the year. Last year they didnt mark anything down till about august and most of the stuff looked half dead by then.

The 7 gal dunstans were marked down to $15 , the 3 gal were $10.50. I bought 2 of the 7 gallon and a dozen of the 3 gallon. I split the dozen 3 gallon up among some friends of mine.
Also bought 2 of the chestnut hill pear and 2 persimmon for $10.50 each.
This will make 7 or 8 chestnut hills dunstans at my place this yr and 5 of the chinese chestnuts from lowes planted last fall. Im anxious to see the difference between the 2.

Originally Posted by centralala
I ordered 10 chestnut trees from Sunbright Farms. They where about 3' tall. Good price but don't remember what it was. Put them in the ground middle of Feb. and have 100% survival so far. Even the one where a buck thought the tree tube was an opposing buck. I've been very pleasesd.

Hard to beat the price from Sunbright farms. We planted 20 chestnut from there and 20 plum this year. Will probably order 50 plum next year and another 20 chestnut from them.

Originally Posted by HHSyelper
Fred did they have leaves? The ones I saw 3 had leaves and 4 didn’t

The persimmon and pear were just starting to get any leaves on them. The chestnut were fully leafed out
Posted By: centralala

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 10:27 PM

Wasn't their plum just a regular wild plum. I will be planting plum, pear, apple and those big persimmons but don't remember seeing them at Sunbright. I will be planting paw-paw and sawtooth from them but those won't really be for wildlife but can have it if they so choose.

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/04/19 11:01 PM

I need to go back and see if they have any of the persimmon trees
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/05/19 03:14 PM

I too have had excellent results from Sunbright. The oaks I got from The Outdoor Group years back were very poorly rooted and few survived. Not so with Sunbright.

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/05/19 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by trailertrash

I too have had excellent results from Sunbright. The oaks I got from The Outdoor Group years back were very poorly rooted and few survived. Not so with Sunbright.

The seedling were about 2 ft tall that we got and iirc were $2 each from sunbright. So far they are doing good.

Wasn't their plum just a regular wild plum. I will be planting plum, pear, apple and those big persimmons but don't remember seeing them at Sunbright. I will be planting paw-paw and sawtooth from them but those won't really be for wildlife but can have it if they so choose.

Yes, its a chickasaw or roadside plum as some call it. I went with those as they multiply from suckers and make a larger low plum thicket rather than just a single tall tree.

The bigger persimmons are probably FUYU. You can get them locally around cullman from growers 5-6 ft tall for $15- 20 North Alabama nursery in Joppa, and there are several mexican nurseries who advertise on FB market place.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/06/19 01:40 AM

Like always none at Clanton Walmart
Posted By: Cleckler

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/06/19 10:35 AM

HWY 150 Wal-Mart in Hoover had a bunch yesterday.
Several of the big $50 chestnuts and smaller ones, along with a couple persimmon and deer pears.

Pelham Wal-Mart had a few chestnuts out in the parking lot Friday night.

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/06/19 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cleckler
HWY 150 Wal-Mart in Hoover had a bunch yesterday.
Several of the big $50 chestnuts and smaller ones, along with a couple persimmon and deer pears.

Pelham Wal-Mart had a few chestnuts out in the parking lot Friday night.

Were they still $50 or marked down?

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/06/19 01:41 PM

Even if not marked down, they were willing to discuss the price. Especially if you start talking quantities.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/06/19 02:39 PM

I looked at their delivery schedule and it looked like late summer for calera walmart delivery. I looked again and didn’t find that so now I’m good and cinfused

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/06/19 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
I looked at their delivery schedule and it looked like late summer for calera walmart delivery. I looked again and didn’t find that so now I’m good and cinfused

You can still buy them and have them shipped to you from chestnut hills. That makes it about the same as regular price was at wally world.

There are plenty of other choices of where to get chestnut from. For small seedlings 18-24" sunbright farms for $2 each, For larger 5-6 ft trees for $7.50 each id drive to north al nursery just east of cullman.
Posted By: Charles_G

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/08/19 03:44 PM

Walmart in Bay Minette still has Chestnut Hill chestnuts $17.50 in small pots and pears $10 in larger pots.
Posted By: WinstonVizsla

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/17/19 04:10 AM

When is the best time to plant chestnuts and sawtooth? I think I may buy 24 I found on sale online with $9.99 shipping.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Dunstan chestnut trees at walmart - 05/17/19 12:18 PM

Anytime as long as you can water them regularly.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM