Aldeer.com

New to the creedmoor family

Posted By: ALABAMABUCKBASHER

New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 04:11 AM

So I just got a new Tikka t3x in a 6.5 creed. What I was wondering what style bullets do you like? I generally like the Hornady brand. I’m looking for something in the 140gr range. I hear the new hornady black is real good but they only have boat tail hollow point, but I’m skeptical about exit. Any suggestions?
Posted By: BCLC

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 04:18 AM

Rumor has it, 6.5CM doesn't even need ammo. You just whisper the word Creedmoor and wild game will fall over dead as NASCAR

.... congrats on the new rifle! thumbup

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by BCLC
Rumor has it, 6.5CM doesn't even need ammo. You just whisper the word Creedmoor and wild game will fall over dead as NASCAR

.... congrats on the new rifle! thumbup

Dang wish I had of known that before I bought the gun!
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 11:23 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 11:38 AM

Hornady precision hunter 143 eld x.
Posted By: AC870

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 11:53 AM

Umm, be prepared for some ribbing when you tell the aldeer brethren you got a Creedmoor. If I get another one, I’m gonna keep it to myself.
They call that a “closet Creedmoor shooter.”
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 12:42 PM

I've been pleased with my Tikka T3X Superlite. Good choice.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 02:28 PM

Did someone say 6.5 CREEDMOOR????
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Morris

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

[Linked Image]

Its name would be AU7MM08

😁
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 06:09 PM

damn Morris, nailed it! grin
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by perchjerker
damn Morris, nailed it! grin

laugh

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Morris

[Linked Image]

Its name would be AU7MM08

😁

Bwahaha. rofl
Posted By: gman

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/27/19 10:40 PM

I laughed at loud with those! lol

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/28/19 01:14 AM

Damn, out of all this I got one good suggestion and a thumbs up on the tikka.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/28/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by ALABAMABUCKBASHER
Damn, out of all this I got one good suggestion and a thumbs up on the tikka.

I don't own a 6.5CM but I've got a couple 6.5x55 Swedes (Creedmoor's older brother and what 6.5CM wants to be when it grows up) and you're gonna be hard pressed to find a better hunting bullet than the 143gr ELD-X. It's got match grade accuracy and devastating performance on whitetail sized game.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/28/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Bunny
Hornady precision hunter 143 eld x.

This ^^^^
Posted By: gundoc

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/28/19 03:37 AM

I've got a new Remington 700 stainless and it really likes the Precision Hunter 143gr ELD X
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/28/19 01:29 PM

I shoot barnes Lrx. They are only 127 grain but I have been really satisfied.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/28/19 04:46 PM

Thanks guys! I was looking at the 143 eld-x, I was just wondering what everyone’s experiences with shooting deer. Do they generally just drop or run off, I know a lot of that is up to shot placement but...
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/28/19 06:34 PM

My buddy has a creed and he said he just usually points it in the general direction of the deer and they fall over.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 04:56 AM

I’m surprised he even has to take the Creed out of the safe to kill a deer.
Posted By: mman

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 01:14 PM

Thanks guys! I was looking at the 143 eld-x, I was just wondering what everyone’s experiences with shooting deer. Do they generally just drop or run off, I know a lot of that is up to shot placement but...

I've killed 8 with the 143 ELD-X and 7 have dropped in their tracks. One ran a short distance, probably 75 yards, and died.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 02:24 PM

I thought a man bun was required for the Creed.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 03:10 PM

In the Creed handbook it says that it is perfectly acceptable to substitute skinny jeans, colored hair and a gay tattoo in exchange for the man bun. Anyone that would title a thread "new to the Creedmoor family" on here is just asking to be abused. LOL Why even ask about what bullets to shoot. All you have to do is carry your Creed around on the edge of the property, then go put it back in your vehicle and then walk around in the woods picking up dead animals. If you were to actually carry it in the woods, you would depopulate the entire area.

AU338, did you notice that I took your previous advice and capitalized the "C" in Creedmoor to give it the proper respect that it deserves?
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 03:47 PM

Hornady 143 gr ELD-X
Posted By: mman

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 05:01 PM

Jealousy doesn't look too good on some of you...It's pretty easy to tell who has Caliber Envy.
Posted By: Morris

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 05:09 PM

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by mman
Jealousy doesn't look too good on some of you...It's pretty easy to tell who has Caliber Envy.

I don’t think any of us are jealous on the way you dress. 😁
Posted By: BPI

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 05:11 PM

Is caliber envy an actual thing ?

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by BPI

Only for those that dont have rifles in assorted calibers. I can assure you that, I for one, dont have caliber envy over a 6.5 Creed or even a remote want for a rifle in that caliber. IMO, there are a ton of better caliber options, for anything that the 6.5Creed can do or be used for. The 6.5 is a FAD right now that is getting a ton of press due to smart marketing and it has people jumping on the bandwagon cause the name sounds cool. Comparing the 6.5 to the 25-06 or the .270, the 6.5 has only a slightly higher BC between similar bullets such as the TTSX or the ELD-X (the associated wind drift difference and downrange bullet drop gained by the 6.5's slightly higher BC is more than compensated/made up for by the higher velocities and downrange energy of the 25 and .270). While the the 6.5 has a higher BC, it carries significantly less case capacity, lower MV and lower energy. The only real benefit to the 6.5 is the lighter recoil as compared to the .270 but if you think that a .270 is a hard kicking caliber, well............... better be sure you remember to wear a belt with those skinny jeans and make sure that your man bun is tied up in a tight little roll. rofl gun

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 06:08 PM

Make sure and buy the lighter grain shells so they will fit in your skinny man jeans pockets better.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Make sure and buy the lighter grain shells so they will fit in your skinny man jeans pockets better.
BUUURRRNNNN!!!!....lmao....

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by abolt300
In the Creed handbook it says that it is perfectly acceptable to substitute skinny jeans, colored hair and a gay tattoo in exchange for the man bun. Anyone that would title a thread "new to the Creedmoor family" on here is just asking to be abused. LOL Why even ask about what bullets to shoot. All you have to do is carry your Creed around on the edge of the property, then go put it back in your vehicle and then walk around in the woods picking up dead animals. If you were to actually carry it in the woods, you would depopulate the entire area.

AU338, did you notice that I took your previous advice and capitalized the "C" in Creedmoor to give it the proper respect that it deserves?

thumbup rofl

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by BPI

Only for those that dont have rifles in assorted calibers. I can assure you that, I for one, dont have caliber envy over a 6.5 Creed or even a remote want for a rifle in that caliber. IMO, there are a ton of better caliber options, for anything that the 6.5Creed can do or be used for. The 6.5 is a FAD right now that is getting a ton of press due to smart marketing and it has people jumping on the bandwagon cause the name sounds cool. Comparing the 6.5 to the 25-06 or the .270, the 6.5 has only a slightly higher BC between similar bullets such as the TTSX or the ELD-X (the associated wind drift difference and downrange bullet drop gained by the 6.5's slightly higher BC is more than compensated/made up for by the higher velocities and downrange energy of the 25 and .270). While the the 6.5 has a higher BC, it carries significantly less case capacity, lower MV and lower energy. The only real benefit to the 6.5 is the lighter recoil as compared to the .270 but if you think that a .270 is a hard kicking caliber, well............... better be sure you remember to wear a belt with those skinny jeans and make sure that your man bun is tied up in a tight little roll. rofl gun

You make a lot good points. However I have a lot the other calibers you mentioned and then some. This gun is definitely not my primary choice of rifle, this is more for my daughter for less recoil and me goofing around. The main calibers i use is a .270 or .308, I was just asking for some good ammo suggestions.

Also what the Hell is Skinny Jeans? or Manbuns? I don't understand, since a lot you are experts on that subject can you shed some light?

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 09:56 PM

Someone needs to post a link to the other "C"reedmoor thread where all that man bun, skinny jeans, fully vaporizing deer, stuff got started months ago. I think it was in the guns and gear forum. I'm just messing around on this one. For what you are going to do with it and what little I know about a 6.5, if it was me, I'd go with a 140 gr type bullet and that 143 gr ELD-X is probably going to be a really good round in it.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 10:43 PM

I don't know about terminal performance but as far as groups go I have personally seen some of the best groups I have ever seen out of a 6.5 Creedmore 143g eldx out of an abolt. I was impressed.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/29/19 11:24 PM

Do you have any problems getting both small ammo and manpons in those skinny jean pockets? grin
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/30/19 12:02 AM

but if you think that a .270 is a hard kicking caliber, well............... better be sure you remember to wear a belt with those skinny jeans and make sure that your man bun is tied up in a tight little roll. rofl gun

don’t make fun of AC like that
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/30/19 01:23 PM

All new cartridges are referred to as a fad when they come out. The 308, 270, 223, 7mm08, 260 Remington, 6.8 SPC, etc were all fads when they came out. Shoot whatever performs for you and you want to shoot. That's what is so awesome about this country. You can own a rifle in each caliber if you want to! The 143 seems to be the choice for better performance on deer from what I've read.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 04/30/19 03:07 PM

The 143 ELDX seems to be the best option for the creedless.

My challenge with some of the creedmoor folks is the constant insistence of "ballistic superiority", when it doesn't come close to the .280 Remington until you get well past 1000 yards, and the .280 Ackley is better than the .280 Remington. 280 Ackley delivers more energy at less drop way past any conceivable hunting range.

The .270 Winchester is another light recoiling cartridge that is better than the creedmoor until 900 yards.

That doesn't even begin to describe the difference between the creed and the .264 Win Mag, another light recoiling caliber.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/01/19 03:15 PM

Have one...like it.

It's just a bonus that it apparently triggers the absolute hell out of people here.
Posted By: burbank

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/01/19 06:47 PM

Roll Creedmore! Hold my beer daddy!

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/01/19 07:10 PM

At the risk of all the deer in Alabama being simultaneously killed by the power of the Creed....as millions rush forth to buy themselves the greatest caliber every created......for those that do not know, the greatest coach of all time Nick Saban shoots the greatest caliber of all time, a 6.5 Creedmoor.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/01/19 10:47 PM

Oh hail to thee mighty creedmoor!!!
Posted By: jrs89

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/01/19 11:08 PM

At the risk of all the deer in Alabama being simultaneously killed by the power of the Creed....as millions rush forth to buy themselves the greatest caliber every created......for those that do not know, the greatest coach of all time Nick Saban shoots the greatest caliber of all time, a 6.5 Creedmoor.

Nick is bow only and doesn’t hunt over corn. He pisses crossbows bolts and 6.5mm bullets.
Posted By: AC870

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/02/19 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Avengedsevenfold
but if you think that a .270 is a hard kicking caliber, well............... better be sure you remember to wear a belt with those skinny jeans and make sure that your man bun is tied up in a tight little roll. rofl gun

don’t make fun of AC like that

Anyone who’s ever seen me knows there’s not enough hair anywhere on me for a “man bun.”
And I wear “lard ass jeans” not skinny jeans.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/02/19 06:53 PM

The same guys who buy Creeds buy Costas and Yetis. They are so friggin cool.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/02/19 07:26 PM

The guys who buy Creeds buy Costas and Yetis are so friggin cool. I want to be like them when I grow up!

Thanks for the kind words man, everyone can't be awesome so at least you picked the right role models. I've got a browning hells canyon 6.5 CREED, wear some Costa Corbinas every day, and keep my craft beer cold in a yeti 45.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/02/19 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
The guys who buy Creeds buy Costas and Yetis are so friggin cool. I want to be like them when I grow up!

Thanks for the kind words man, everyone can't be awesome so at least you picked the right role models. I've got a browning hells canyon 6.5 CREED, wear some Costa Corbinas every day, and keep my craft beer cold in a yeti 45.

rofl excellent post Coosa. I spit water all over my desk when I read it. The Creed threads have been good for a bunch of laughs over the past several months.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 01:32 AM

Platinum status. The creed crew comes on strong. The Alex Jones crew continues. This is good stuff.
Posted By: quailman

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 01:44 AM

I've got a browning hells canyon 6.5 CREED

Hey man, how you like that Browning?

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 11:43 AM

Better take it easy on the high calorie craft brews if you want to still fit into your skinny jeans.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 12:04 PM

Better take it easy on the high calorie craft brews if you want to still fit into your skinny jeans.

Wrangler cowboy cuts count as skinny jeans right? I'd hate to be outside of the norm.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by quailman

I've got a browning hells canyon 6.5 CREED

Hey man, how you like that Browning?

I've only had it for about 9 months now but so far, I love it. It's super light and it shoots great!

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 07:48 PM

Wrangler cowboy cuts count as skinny jeans right? I'd hate to be outside of the norm.

Yeah you don't want them to pinch and bind when you are leaned over putting Salt Life stickers on your truck.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 07:54 PM

Yeah you don't want them to pinch and bind when you are leaned over putting Salt Life stickers on your truck.

They pinch and bind anyway, you know shooting a creedmore is a natural penile enlargement practice after all. Us regular shooters have a tough time packing all that meat around rofl

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 07:55 PM

Yeah you don't want them to pinch and bind when you are leaned over putting Salt Life stickers on your truck Prius

FIFY

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 10:09 PM

They pinch and bind anyway, you know shooting a creedmore is a natural penile enlargement practice after all. Us regular shooters have a tough time packing all that meat around rofl

Ha Ha I know one guy who pryed open a Creed cartridge to see what makes it so great and he said a rainbow appeared and he could hear angels singing............

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/03/19 11:53 PM

Ha Ha I know one guy who pryed open a Creed cartridge to see what makes it so great and he said a rainbow appeared and he could hear angels singing............

[Linked Image]
Posted By: burbank

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/04/19 12:14 PM

Wrong. You remember that scene in Indiana Jones where they opened the ark of the covenant?

Instant death to all that look directly at the creed.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/04/19 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by burbank
Wrong. You remember that scene in Indiana Jones where they opened the ark of the covenant?

Instant death to all that look directly at the creed.

Nailed it! rofl
Posted By: snakebit

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/06/19 11:26 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: daylate

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/06/19 12:39 PM

[Linked Image]
I hear you get one of these stickers for free with your first manbun care kit.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/06/19 12:44 PM

But seriously, this should tell you all you need to know about which bullet to use:

[img]https://cdngunblog.files.wordpress....463370521_313881772049763466_n.jpg?w=720[/img]

oops, I did it again

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/07/19 06:03 PM

Dang, y'all still going on about this. I'm beginning to think Caliber Envy is real! If not, y'all are really bored.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/07/19 06:38 PM

Meh, it's entertaining because of the over the top hype of the Creed. I'm sure it's a good caliber.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/07/19 07:06 PM

If not, y'all are really bored.

No more deer or turkey season so we might as well poke fun at each other.

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/07/19 07:21 PM

Go Fishing!

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/07/19 07:25 PM

Go Fishing!

I do fish/bowfish in the off season. But getting on here and stirring stuff up is how I pass the day at work grin

Re: New to the creedmoor family - 05/08/19 12:07 AM

My buddy swears the first time he opened the bolt on his new Creed simultaneously all of the county storm sirens started blaring!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM