Aldeer.com

Feeding Chart

Posted By: 270wsm

Feeding Chart - 10/25/11 08:59 PM

What's the best source for Wildlife Feeding Times? I used chart last year that was very reliable and rated each day of the month 1-31 (1 being worst and 31 being best), but can't remember the source?
Posted By: 49er

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/25/11 09:31 PM

I usually use the hunting/fishing page for feeding times on my gps since that's what I have with me when I'm hunting.
Posted By: smokeandbones

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/25/11 11:03 PM

If you have an android phone download time2hunt from the ap market. Its pretty good, gives you a chart and sunrise and set time also it is specific to location, and its free.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/25/11 11:19 PM

feeding times are on my watch. I also pay attention to the moon phase and position, seems to coorelate with my watch pretty well. I look to see if the cows are on thier feet on my way to hunt. I'm not sure if the last one is a valid indicator or not, but it makes sense to me, that if cows are up and feeding then deer would be too. Most hunting magazines have a feeding chart of some kind.
Posted By: camoredneck24

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 12:34 AM

http://www.realtree.com/hunting/resources/fish-game-forecaster
Posted By: Shuter II

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 12:35 AM

When the cows are laying down, so are the deer. That's the only chart I've ever used.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 12:38 AM

I've always heard when the cows are feeding, the fish are biting. Not sure if the deer are biting then too.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Shuter II
When the cows are laying down, so are the deer. That's the only chart I've ever used.

And thats a good one. I watch other animals too. If the squirrels, birds, and everything else is moving the deer are moving too. If it sounds like I am sitting in a morgue I have never seen a deer or anything else after hours of sitting. If the crows are out in force, the deer will be moving also. I've never had luck going by published data cause I don't think a deer can read when he is supposed to get up and move.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: 3toe
Originally Posted By: Shuter II

And thats a good one. I watch other animals too. If the squirrels, birds, and everything else is moving the deer are moving too. If it sounds like I am sitting in a morgue I have never seen a deer or anything else after hours of sitting. If the crows are out in force, the deer will be moving also. I've never had luck going by published data cause I don't think a deer can read when he is supposed to get up and move.

Apparently they can read road signs. How else are they gonna know where they move the deer crossing to?
Posted By: deercommander

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By: smokeandbones
If you have an android phone download time2hunt from the ap market. Its pretty good, gives you a chart and sunrise and set time also it is specific to location, and its free.

its not free on mine it 3 bucks
Posted By: AU .30-06

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 11:00 AM

x2. I use this link all the time!
Posted By: gnatbutter

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 11:42 AM

Do yourself a favor and purchase the feeding chart from weather and wildlife. You can google it and easily find it. Every mature buck that we have taken in our club the last five years have been shot on the best days and time according to their chart.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gnatbutter
Do yourself a favor and purchase the feeding chart from weather and wildlife. You can google it and easily find it. Every mature buck that we have taken in our club the last five years have been shot on the best days and time according to their chart.

One post and your telling me to spend thirty bucks in it - give me a break!
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 12:41 PM

not only one post but also just joined today
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 12:50 PM

And not one mature buck killed outside of the magic chart dates/times. Amazing!
Posted By: Hunting12

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 12:53 PM

www.Deerfeedingchart.com is similar to what you described 270
Posted By: gnatbutter

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 01:06 PM

Sorry guys for giving a suggestion. I joined today and I saw the question that was asked about feeding charts. I know now why I never post on forums similar to these. Thanks for showing your ignorance and LBS.
Posted By: xGunslingeRx

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: gnatbutter
Sorry guys for giving a suggestion. I joined today and I saw the question that was asked about feeding charts. I know now why I never post on forums similar to these. Thanks for showing your ignorance and LBS.

You'll need thick skin to post on any forum. Now man up and don't let this little crap bother you.
Posted By: smokeandbones

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 03:46 PM

The time2hunt i downloaded was free, but I downloaded it last year. I think it is worth 3 dollars. I have always payed attention to the cows also, but this ap comes in handy when im working or at home. This past weekend I arrowed a doe within 30 min of what the peak was on the ap.
Posted By: TwoToes_Hunter

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 04:28 PM

Smoke, had the same app last year. I hated it.
Posted By: TChunter

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/26/11 04:31 PM

If you have a Android phone check out HuntCast. I used it last year and and so far this year and its been REALLY reliable. If deer/pigs are in the area you are hunting they will be on their feet during the predicted peak times.

It was 4.99 I think. Im not big on paying for any apps but I would buy this one again.
Posted By: slgunnel

Re: Feeding Chart - 10/27/11 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: deercommander
Originally Posted By: smokeandbones

its not free on mine it 3 bucks

I just did a search in the Android market and there is a free. Only difference is you can't save location or have a monthly view on the free. I've used the free for the last few months and the times match up on trail cam pics. Haven't been in the woods yet to check, but will in a few days. Didn't figure the location save and monthly view was that big of a deal personally. You swipe through to past and future days on the free version.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM