Aldeer.com

Brushtox Brush Killer

Posted By: dagwood

Brushtox Brush Killer - 04/10/19 08:23 PM

It's trichlor. Has anyone tried this on woody plants and brush. I bought a small container to spray a couple of spots I'm trying to open up and it doesn't seem to be working. The instructions don't give dilution ratios so I went on line and the reviews were from 1 to 6 oz per gallon. I used 4 with oil and dawn surfactant. Spraying on privet and small oaks. It did kill the blackberries in my yard. Maybe I should have used Crossbow.
Posted By: sanderson

Re: Brushtox Brush Killer - 04/10/19 08:39 PM

I normally use10-12oz Tricholophyr in 15 gal sprayer and have stuff wilting next day or 2.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Brushtox Brush Killer - 04/11/19 12:38 AM

Dawn is not a surfactant. Period. Myth
Posted By: JBrown1975

Re: Brushtox Brush Killer - 04/11/19 02:02 AM

I have used it on small oaks with success. I went 3 oz / gallon. Not sure if it will get the privet or not. It’s not cheap either.
Posted By: Waldo

Re: Brushtox Brush Killer - 04/12/19 01:58 AM

Triclopyr at a 2-4% mix ratio should kill anything you are spraying.

Use high volume and a surfactant. If it's extremely large try Tordon and basal treat it.
Posted By: 007

Re: Brushtox Brush Killer - 04/16/19 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Dawn is not a surfactant. Period. Myth

It actually is a surfactant, just not an agricultural one.

Dawn isn’t designed to be used with herbicides. There are plenty of AG surfactants to use and I recommend using of those. However, not all are created equal. Best results are when you use one that has at least 70% principal surfactant.

As Waldo said, mix at 2-4%. I have seen privet and oaks resprout, especially the privet. A lot depends on time of year and weather (droughts) conditions.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Brushtox Brush Killer - 04/16/19 04:29 PM

For 5 gallons I mix 1/2 cup remedy 1/2 cup roundup and 1 cup crossbow it may be overkill but it keeps fence rows clean of hedge
© 2024 ALDEER.COM