Aldeer.com

Browning auto 5

Posted By: having fun now

Browning auto 5 - 02/11/19 12:16 PM

I have a 3” 12 gauge Browning auto 5 with a 32” full choke barrel and a 28” new browning miroku barrel with investor plus choke. I’m 5’9” 155# and the gun is kinda heavy for my liking. I was wondering if I put a sling on this gun will it hurt the value of the gun if I decide to sell it? Also was thinking of having the new barrel cerekote in flat black as it will mainly be used for turkey hunting. Any opinions?
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Browning auto 5 - 02/11/19 02:52 PM

For an Auto 5 Magnum Twelve, the biggest part about putting a sling on it will be that you have to drill the buttstock in order to put in a sling swivel, which is permanent. The other attachment point is the magazine cap, which is no big deal as it isn't permanent.

I wouldn't cerakote the Miroku barrel as it's an invector plus barrel, which is more desirable than the standard invector barrels since it's overbored with longer forcing cones.

Bottom line, a lot of turkeys have been killed with wood and blue shotguns.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Browning auto 5 - 02/11/19 03:08 PM

If you drill it it will hurt the value.

But you’ll still sell it easily just for not as much

They make slings that don’t need swivels. I have one on a 410 I used to rabbit hunt with.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Browning auto 5 - 02/11/19 03:50 PM

If you want it for a turkey gun and it doesn’t have any sentimental value you might as well go ahead and sell It before you drill a hole in the stock. They are wonderful shotguns but the barrel length and weight makes them not the best option for a dedicated turkey gun.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM