Aldeer.com

lead doe

Posted By: BryanfromAU

lead doe - 12/18/18 05:14 AM

I searched but couldnt find anything about it on here already though im sure im not the first. But when I have 3 does come out I always feel like if they bust me its the doe that first came out. Does anyone agree that the doe that leads is the older/smarter of the bunch?
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 05:18 AM

Nah she drew the short straw
Posted By: BryanfromAU

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 05:24 AM

You really think so? I watched the first doe stop and look around like she knew something was off and the other two stopped and stared at her like they were waiting for her command lol
Posted By: grundan

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 07:26 AM

It sounds like your hunting a bad wind or swirling wind? Did she cross your tracks?
They all are smart, some have a better education than others
Posted By: Frankie

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 09:19 AM

hell , i've dropped the first one and waiting 30 minutes and drop one that came back . i've done that so many times it aint funny . lol

can't do that now .
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 01:17 PM

The dominant doe is not the one you want to shoot.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 01:49 PM

Don't stare at them...for some reason, they get a 6th sense...I sometimes close my eyes... also, use a facemask and gloves or paint up...
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Whild_Bill
The dominant doe is not the one you want to shoot.

Unless you like eating gamey shoe leather. Buy a Hecs suit try it and let us know how it works thumbup
Posted By: GKelly

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 04:31 PM

shoot her before she starts blowing and stomping all over the place I'll drop a smart dominant doe in a heartbeat dont need an educated deer teaching the others.
Posted By: bdw32

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 04:35 PM

Absolutely not putting up with er. She even acts like she’s about to stomp and pitch her fit then she’s gone. Can’t let these gals run your life because they will. I swear they can see my eyes sometimes.
Posted By: Clem

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 04:59 PM

Just shoot the deer. "dominant doe" or smaller or first one or last one or the one looking at you with those big Bambi eyes. Shoot it and load it up and go home to eat it.

They're not going to "taste gamey" unless you drive around for hours in the heat or not gut it for a day or more, or you don't know how to handle and prepare meat. A doe is a doe is a doe. Shoot the thing and go home, or wait for a buck or another doe or whatever you're hunting.

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

Just shoot the deer. "dominant doe" or smaller or first one or last one or the one looking at you with those big Bambi eyes. Shoot it and load it up and go home to eat it.

They're not going to "taste gamey" unless you drive around for hours in the heat or not gut it for a day or more, or you don't know how to handle and prepare meat. A doe is a doe is a doe. Shoot the thing and go home, or wait for a buck or another doe or whatever you're hunting.

big , small ,,,,,, it dont matter just another mouth that eats . back when we could kill two a day i would shot the older looking doe . you shot the older one out of a group you can nearly bet one of her sisters or daughter will come looking for her in just a little bit . just set still and wait

i'll add this though , you got to be carefull that first doe aint a 1 1/2 year old buck . lol
Posted By: Clem

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 07:41 PM

Exactly, Frankie. A mouth is a mouth.

And true about the nubbin spikes. That's why God gave us binoculars to use.
Posted By: jono23

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 08:12 PM

When you shoot the lead doe, who decides on which doe gets the next promotion. Is there a committee? What are deer politics like?

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by jono23

When you shoot the lead doe, who decides on which doe gets the next promotion. Is there a committee? What are deer politics like?

lol from what i've seen , the one with the hardest punch !!!!!
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: lead doe - 12/18/18 11:24 PM

Yes many times there will be a older doe leading the group. Shoot the lead doe DRT and you'll always get a shot on another one.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: lead doe - 12/19/18 01:16 AM

I’ve noticed when there’s several does/fawns in a group coming onto a field or leaving brush to come into a more open area there’s a super twitchy cautious doe leading the pack. If it’s just a doe and fawn together sometimes the little one will run ahead and be first one into the area.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: lead doe - 12/19/18 02:06 AM

I know this from experience and most of my hunting career as a bowhunter throughout the season. During January (our rut) the hardest deer to get a bow shot at is a mature doe. They are old and wise and not stupid like a rutting buck. Once they start doing that head bob thing, it is pretty much over for getting a shot.
Posted By: greenZ71

Re: lead doe - 12/19/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Yes many times there will be a older doe leading the group. Shoot the lead doe DRT and you'll always get a shot on another one.

Tested that out this evening and it was accurate. Shot the lead, biggest doe and the others just stared. It was 2 other large does and a small one
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: lead doe - 12/19/18 02:20 AM

I hate the “head bob”. Kiss of death.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: lead doe - 12/19/18 02:22 AM

Hell I think I'm gonna go shoot a big doe in the Am. Rut is over up here
Posted By: ACT3

Re: lead doe - 12/19/18 02:44 PM

My daughter tells people about my theory on shooting a doe -"if she blows, she goes" . I've been hunting before with 0 intentions of killing anything but a big buck and walked out with a loud mouth doe. Never get too much cube steak!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM