Aldeer.com

Y'all remember?

Posted By: jdhunter2011

Y'all remember? - 12/17/18 04:14 AM

Remember the old Camo umbrella that screws into the tree and has the straps to tie around. Think I bought one in the late 90's. I broke that bad boy out this weekend. Only had Sat. to hunt due to family stuff but I was sick of sitting in a truck or shooting house in the rain. Made my mind up I'm getting in a climber and hunt like I use to before I got older and passive. Didn't see a deer but sitting out in a steady rain in the deep woods re-charged me. Good hunt and the nap was better, I was tied off of course
Posted By: Spec

Re: Y'all remember? - 12/17/18 01:11 PM

They still make them like that. Think I found mine at Academy. Just search tree umbrellas and a bunch will pop up.
Posted By: king

Re: Y'all remember? - 12/17/18 02:07 PM

I got a new camo umbrella over my ladder stand,if the wind is not blowing to bad, it works good, best place in the world for a little nap!!!!
Posted By: Huntin' Nole

Re: Y'all remember? - 12/17/18 02:23 PM

Love mine. If rain is coming, I bring it with me every time.
Posted By: TATUM

Re: Y'all remember? - 12/17/18 02:26 PM

Used it Friday and Saturday
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Y'all remember? - 12/17/18 05:55 PM

I keep one plus my tree hammock in my pack at all times.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Y'all remember? - 12/17/18 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by king
I got a new camo umbrella over my ladder stand,if the wind is not blowing to bad, it works good, best place in the world for a little nap!!!!

I built a roof over most of my ladder stands with metal conduit and radiator hose clamps. I just bend it into a big U and clamp it to the sides of the "cage" around the seat. I put a piece of tin (3' x 3') on top and attach it with bolts (actually i put tin there and make marks where the bolts need to be with a sharpie, then drill and put a bolt and nut on the tin then put bolt through conduit and another nut). I can also add some burlap or screen to hang down to hide me somewhat.

I like them more than umbrellas because it is always there and the deer get used to it...
Posted By: znrichie

Re: Y'all remember? - 12/17/18 09:20 PM

I have a hawk tree umbrella bought last year at academy. Screws in then straps around tree. Works great for mee
© 2024 ALDEER.COM