Aldeer.com

Dog Hunters strike again

Posted By: bambam32

Dog Hunters strike again - 12/16/18 11:23 PM

They ran all over a section of our property yesterday. I wasn't at the camp but had a member call me after all the shooting stopped. He did not want to go investigate because he was by himself with kids. It was a bunch of locals. He should have called GW.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Limbhanger1959

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/16/18 11:28 PM

That's no deer dog. Just a dog that come across ur property. Any dog will run a deer. Get use to dogs that might come on to your property. And if u here one cock ur gun. Could be a big one
Posted By: coachg34

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 12:25 AM

Cur yard dog not a hound.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 12:34 AM

Mut not a hunting dog.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 12:57 AM

What you have there is a mixed breed bullet catcher.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 01:02 AM

I’m dealing with those in Tennessee right now. Rut pretty much over so I’m fixing to start taking care of these problems.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 01:05 AM

Shoot em all

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 01:18 AM

That may not be your typical deer dog but that doesn't explain away all the barking and shooting yesterday.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 02:32 AM

I don't think all dog hunters run pure bloods or hounds. When I was a kid I saw hounds, mutts and beagles all running at a club. It looks like a yote to me bambam. I suggest you deal with it and stick to that story! grin
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 04:03 AM

I don’t think that’s a hunting dog. I don’t see a name collar or a tracking collar.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by bambam32
That may not be your typical deer dog but that doesn't explain away all the barking and shooting yesterday.

Sounds more like rabbit hunters
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
What you have there is a mixed breed bullet catcher.

Yep.
Posted By: ACT3

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 01:03 PM

Evidently y'all have never seen a bunch of "non typical" dog hunters. They use labs, curs, rots, and anything else they can catch up and take to the woods. Sometimes they will have hounds mixed in as well. There wont be any tracking collars and they may or may not own the dogs.
Posted By: WallyGator0928

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ACT3
Evidently y'all have never seen a bunch of "non typical" dog hunters. They use labs, curs, rots, and anything else they can catch up and take to the woods. Sometimes they will have hounds mixed in as well. There wont be any tracking collars and they may or may not own the dogs.

I was thinking the same thing.... those 'necks out in Winston county don't care how pure the blood is if it will run a deer. Good grief, they'll run a cat if it will push a deer. Get's on my everlasting nerves too. Can't have nothing out there between the trespassers, meth heads, poachers and just run of the mill outlaws.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by WallyGator0928

I was thinking the same thing.... those 'necks out in Winston county don't care how pure the blood is if it will run a deer. Good grief, they'll run a cat if it will push a deer. Get's on my everlasting nerves too. Can't have nothing out there between the trespassers, meth heads, poachers and just run of the mill outlaws.

See outback's post above about how to handle that.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by WallyGator0928

See outback's post above about how to handle that.

Yeah and believe me I would love to but for my job I have to maintain a security clearance so I cannot risk it by shooting bubba's red boned, blue tick, black eared mountain cur. Until then I'll just get on aldeer and voice my concerns, HA!
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 03:22 PM

I've dog hunted with about everything being used to move the deer from a white bulldog , german shepard, curs, australian sheep dogs, pointer bird dogs and about every kind of hound you can name. Just remember if you shoot a dog you need to have a good reason. Those locals can and will make your hunting miserable if they catch you.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 10:51 PM

They ran all over a section of our property yesterday. I wasn't at the camp but had a member call me after all the shooting stopped. He did not want to go investigate because he was by himself with kids. It was a bunch of locals. He should have called GW.

[Linked Image]

That dog looks like a coyote. rofl

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by sumpter_al

[Linked Image]

That dog looks like a coyote. rofl

Coyote hell, that's a cougar in that picture.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 11:47 PM

I had a pack of Jack Russell's come through the woods one time, and I thought I was goner

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/17/18 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
I had a pack of Jack Russell's come through the woods one time, and I thought I was goner

They probly pissed all over everything
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/18/18 03:07 AM

Every dog I see on my properties always tries to attack me for some reason
Posted By: bar_7mag

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/19/18 09:24 PM

I love how every damn dog on camera is a deer dog 😂. I have 4 deer dogs in a pen and 2 in the yard and dogs don’t bother deer like everyone thinks. I see deer regularly in my yard eating corn.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/19/18 09:28 PM

Definitely a brindle phase coyote
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by bar_7mag
I love how every damn dog on camera is a deer dog 😂. I have 4 deer dogs in a pen and 2 in the yard and dogs don’t bother deer like everyone thinks. I see deer regularly in my yard eating corn.

No they dont bother deer but they bother the hunters. That's the problem people need to keep their dang dogs up!
Posted By: MallardMan84

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 06:17 PM

LOL, Coyote my ass. Show me a picture of a coyote with its tail curled up like that.
Posted By: BC

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by MallardMan84
LOL, Coyote my ass. Show me a picture of a coyote with its tail curled up like that.

Yep...... right over your head.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 07:05 PM

If I could post a pic I would show ya
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2

No they dont bother deer but they bother the hunters. That's the problem people need to keep their dang dogs up!

Just because SOME dogs don't bother SOME deer doesn't mean dogs running around in your deer woods is OK. Surely that's obvious to everyone.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 07:17 PM

When all the dumbass in the woods learn the difference in a hound dog verses a yard dog, coyote or a wild dog, dog hunters would be a lot better off and so would y’all. Not every f*in dog in the woods is a deer dog. But it’s easy for everyone to blame dog hunters go figure.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 08:11 PM

I’ve seen many a yard dog chase deer. I certainly don’t blame dog hunters alone. Folks that let their Fido roam are just as guilty.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 09:43 PM

Yeah...I'm going to say not a coyote and definitely a mutt dog. Never see a coyote carry his tail straight up like that.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/20/18 10:46 PM

When all the dumbass in the woods learn the difference in a hound dog verses a yard dog, coyote or a wild dog, dog hunters would be a lot better off and so would y’all. Not every f*in dog in the woods is a deer dog. But it’s easy for everyone to blame dog hunters go figure.

You are misunderstanding the point. A group of DOG HUNTERS were hunting illegally on our property. This picture was taken in the area where the offense occurred. The type of dog in the picture doesn't change anything. Dog hunters will be a lot better off when they start understanding that if you show other people respect, you might get some in return.
Posted By: JAT50

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/21/18 12:33 AM

You are misunderstanding the point. A group of DOG HUNTERS were hunting illegally on our property. This picture was taken in the area where the offense occurred. The type of dog in the picture doesn't change anything. Dog hunters will be a lot better off when they start understanding that if you show other people respect, you might get some in return.

Why didn’t you call the law on them if you saw them hunting illegally?
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/21/18 01:22 AM

I had a walker, a black and tan, a blood hound and a brindle cur looking dog with a white tip on his tail running deer saturday. That makes them all deer dogs wether someone put emnout or they were yard dogs which these were.
Posted By: BC

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/21/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by JAT50

Why didn’t you call the law on them if you saw them hunting illegally?

Said he wasn’t there. His buddy was there and didn’t call him until after the fact.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/21/18 02:32 AM

Just waiting on the usual “dogs don’t know where the property line is “ comment. It’s amazing how many people always feel as if they never have any responsibility for anything.
Posted By: Dquailhunter

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/22/18 02:52 AM

You must have missed the memo on Facebook being shared by dog hunters. "If you don't like dog hunting then move back up north". And that's the problem with their mentality everyone else is against them. Their never in the wrong. It's not the fact of being against dog hunting it's the fact of when another man has asked you to keep your dogs off of the land he owns and has worked on to make it better for him and his family not for you to ride up and down the roads to find a track and throw your dogs out on it to run wherever they go. It's all about respect and they have none for other hunters. Your either with them or against in their minds

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/22/18 10:55 AM

"your either with them or against in their minds"

Sounds like thats your mentality too, since you bunched them all together. I'm sure there are dog hunters like you described. But neither I, or any one I hunt with is like that.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/22/18 01:49 PM

"your either with them or against in their minds"

Sounds like thats your mentality too, since you bunched them all together. I'm sure there are dog hunters like you described. But neither I, or any one I hunt with is like that.

No sir goodman_hunter not my mentality. Actually did it with them one year to see what it was about. After seeing it first hand of crossing other land owners and the running ninety mpg up public roads to get in front of a deer I decided it wasnt for me. Now since I don't anymore apparently I'm against them and every time the tailgate drops we have problems.
And there may be some that do it right. I've just never seen any. As I said if that's the way one likes to hunt more power to to them but the problem is when it interferes with the way I hunt and theres no remorse for doing so
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/22/18 04:21 PM

dog hunters are their own worst enemy.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 12:48 PM

Dquail hunter
That's was a good rebuttal. I'm gonna give you some advice and I hope it helps. I would talk to the club president And the dog hunters association and tell them your grievances. And tell them you are going to start making compliants with the game warden if it doesn't stop. Believe it or not, that will probably rectify the situation. They don't won't 3 formal complaints.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 01:31 PM

goodman_hunter I wish is was that easy. The supposed club president if you call him that is the main problem. His dogs are the ones we catch most of the time. He just laughs and says them ol dogs ain't bothering anybody. They have had complaints filed against them with the GW. Been dealing with it for years. My little boy was crying because they messed up our hunt the other day. I called the guy and told him, his response was yeah that was one of them puppies.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dquailhunter
goodman_hunter I wish is was that easy. The supposed club president if you call him that is the main problem. His dogs are the ones we catch most of the time. He just laughs and says them ol dogs ain't bothering anybody. They have had complaints filed against them with the GW. Been dealing with it for years. My little boy was crying because they messed up our hunt the other day. I called the guy and told him, his response was yeah that was one of them puppies.

Do the dogs y’all are seeing have tracking collars on them?

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 02:37 PM

Yes. They run the same blocks 4-5 times a week

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 02:54 PM

I'm not wanting to stop the way they hunt. I want them to have respect for me and my land that I pay and work hard for. But they feel they should be able to hunt wherever they want and everyone agree to it
Posted By: timberman56

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:06 PM

catch the dog, turn off the collar, take it to the GW and let him turn it back on while he's on patrol. the doggers will find HIM
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by timberman56

catch the dog, turn off the collar, take it to the GW and let him turn it back on while he's on patrol. the doggers will find HIM

How do you turn the collar off? Asking for a friend.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:14 PM

Good so now in order to get up with the dog owner all you have to do is catch the dog. He isn’t going to leave that collar in the woods. Don’t remove any collars but catch the dog and the owner will come to you so you can talk about the situation. If it continues to happen after that catch the dog and turn them over to the game warden. If that doesn’t work you either have to find a different lease that isn’t around dog hunting clubs or put a whooping on the ole boy. I suggest that if it gets to that point just find a new place because they may not lock them up for trespassing but they will lock you up for assault or murder and in today’s world either is just as likely to happen over something as stupid as hunting.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:15 PM

That is a felony to remove or disable a collar on a hunting dog

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by BayedUp

I'd like to see that law.....number?

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred

I'd like to see that law.....number?

Come on man why you got to ruin my good lie

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:31 PM

I saw a few get "disabled" one day. At the bottom of the Alabama river

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:32 PM

sorry , it ought to be against the law, but the felony part stumped me.
Posted By: timberman56

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:34 PM

I CALL bulldoodoo

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:35 PM

Good so now in order to get up with the dog owner all you have to do is catch the dog. He isn’t going to leave that collar in the woods. Don’t remove any collars but catch the dog and the owner will come to you so you can talk about the situation. If it continues to happen after that catch the dog and turn them over to the game warden. If that doesn’t work you either have to find a different lease that isn’t around dog hunting clubs or put a whooping on the ole boy. I suggest that if it gets to that point just find a new place because they may not lock them up for trespassing but they will lock you up for assault or murder and in today’s world either is just as likely to happen over something as stupid as hunting.

All that has happened caught the dogs showed GW. Handed the dogs back to the owner. Numerous conversations.
And theres the problem. Your telling me i need to find a different place to hunt because they dont have enough respect to keep them off the land I OWN. I dont lease. But that goes back to the mentality of the dog hunters that think they should be able to go wherever they want to. You just proved it by telling me to move

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:40 PM

I thought bama dog clubs were on permit system, and could lose there permit, we get alot of pressure from the dog hunters association to not get any complaints. Which we haven't in the last 3 years due to running the alpha systems. If the local warden won't do anything, call his boss.
Posted By: rulebreaker

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 03:45 PM

And there's your trouble....

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Bunny

Take it off and put your tongue across the metal posts on the back

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 04:16 PM

All that has happened caught the dogs showed GW. Handed the dogs back to the owner. Numerous conversations.
And theres the problem. Your telling me i need to find a different place to hunt because they dont have enough respect to keep them off the land I OWN. I dont lease. But that goes back to the mentality of the dog hunters that think they should be able to go wherever they want to. You just proved it by telling me to move

No I gave you two options. The same two options I had. I chose to find a place that doesn’t dog hunt deer and none of the neighbors do either. I didn’t know you owned the land.

I love all types of dog hunting when it’s done right but when it’s done wrong it not only causes you problems. It also causes me trouble because as a hog hunter I get thrown in the same pool as all the outlaws. I have worked hard to maintain a good relationship with not only the landowners I hunt on but the neighbors also. In order to keep me a few good places to hog hunt I pay $7500 per year. Yes I get to deer and turkey hunt but I pay it so I can have enough land to legally hog hunt on some of the best properties around me. I hunt by myself 90% of the time so someone else doesn’t screw up what I have. Like I said previously you can keep trying the game warden, find a new property, or take it straight to the outlaw and handle it. I have to much to loose over something as stupid as deer hunting so I found me a couple spots that fit everything I was looking for and now I’m stress free. Lol

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by rulebreaker

And there's your trouble....

How is that trouble. That’s the options he has. Either try to follow the law, get physical, or find something new. If you can think of something else let me know.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 04:23 PM

Jeeze. I love dogs. I have dogs. I care about my dogs and paid good money for them. Thereforeore i keep up with my stuff. I dont allow others room to complain against me. So if im hunting my land and i see dogs on it, after the 2nd time, im gonna kill the dogs or go dump them at the pound if im in a good mood. If these dogs are bothering me. The guy aint gonna stop because he has not had to stop. If he starts missing dogs, im pretty sure he will start taking care of his junk. You dont let another mans dogs keep ruining YOUR business.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
Jeeze. I love dogs. I have dogs. I care about my dogs and paid good money for them. Thereforeore i keep up with my stuff. I dont allow others room to complain against me. So if im hunting my land and i see dogs on it, after the 2nd time, im gonna kill the dogs or go dump them at the pound if im in a good mood. If these dogs are bothering me. The guy aint gonna stop because he has not had to stop. If he starts missing dogs, im pretty sure he will start taking care of his junk. You dont let another mans dogs keep ruining YOUR business.

But that same decision can cost you several thousand dollars and jail time. I’m not condoning the outlaws but looking at it From my way of thinking. Is it really worth the trouble? I’m not gonna risk jail time, fines, and losing my job over hunting issues.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 06:36 PM

No I gave you two options. The same two options I had. I chose to find a place that doesn’t dog hunt deer and none of the neighbors do either. I didn’t know you owned the land.

I love all types of dog hunting when it’s done right but when it’s done wrong it not only causes you problems. It also causes me trouble because as a hog hunter I get thrown in the same pool as all the outlaws. I have worked hard to maintain a good relationship with not only the landowners I hunt on but the neighbors also. In order to keep me a few good places to hog hunt I pay $7500 per year. Yes I get to deer and turkey hunt but I pay it so I can have enough land to legally hog hunt on some of the best properties around me. I hunt by myself 90% of the time so someone else doesn’t screw up what I have. Like I said previously you can keep trying the game warden, find a new property, or take it straight to the outlaw and handle it. I have to much to loose over something as stupid as deer hunting so I found me a couple spots that fit everything I was looking for and now I’m stress free. Lol

It boils down to I own the land. Im not leaving. I was taught when a man ask you not to do something you respect it. This groups couldn't care less where their dogs go and still have the good ol boy mentality of you can hunt on everyone's land. Not that way anymore. To many divided blocks with different owners. I have asked nicely to keep them off. Called the local GW and nothing has changed. Which leaves me to option of taking the last 4 years worth of evidence that I have compiled into a file of dogs with collars and names and scouting cameras with dogs and taking it to Montgomery
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Bunny

Take it off and put your tongue across the metal posts on the back

You are trying to trick me.

Re: Dog Hunters strike again - 12/23/18 07:18 PM

You doing the right thing. It shouldn't have to be that aggravating. That's a good example of how 1 pos dog hunters will ruin it for the other dog hunters in the area.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM