New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 03:50 PM

New York hunters fined after 'undead' deer jumps from truck

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdo...deer-thought-to-be-dead-jumps-from-truck
Posted By: Out back

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 04:05 PM

Zombie deer apocalypse!
Posted By: HoofNSpur

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 05:47 PM

I would probably wreck if I had a deer jump up alive in the bed of my truck. Always told my kids if them eyes are shut, step back and shoot again.
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 05:58 PM

"Hunters"? Or, "Poachers"? Wish they would get their vocabulary correct!!!!!!
Posted By: JBL

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 05:59 PM

My dad knows a guy who had a deer he shot stand up in the bed of his truck while going down the road. The deer didnt freak out or anything, it just stood there. I dont know what they did after that. That would be a crazy experience none the less.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 06:05 PM

I know two local Camden fellas that shot a deer one night, then drove thru Camden. Everybody they passed by was pointing at them and laughing. The "dead" deer had stood up in the truck bed. They drove out of town and finished it in the bed.

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
I know two local Camden fellas that shot a deer one night, then drove thru Camden. Everybody they passed by was pointing at them and laughing. The "dead" deer had stood up in the truck bed. They drove out of town and finished it in the bed.

Was it shot at night or before dark?
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 06:17 PM

pretty sure it was shot after dark.....

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 06:19 PM

Dang!
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 06:36 PM

"Hunters"? Or, "Poachers"? Wish they would get their vocabulary correct!!!!!!
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 06:37 PM

If that was in the 80s I heard about that...
Posted By: Out back

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06

If that was around 86, it was ME!
Posted By: Honolua

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/06/18 07:18 PM

What's with that creepy music?>
Posted By: lectrode

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/07/18 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by kodiak06

If that was around 86, it was ME!

Was thge cajun redhead your wingman ?
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/07/18 01:57 AM

Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/07/18 02:37 AM

I was somewhat involved in observing a similar situation.
Deer stood up under a dog box and knocked it back toward
the cab.
Got stopped by some other locals and were told that there
was a deer in the back of the truck. Driver smiled and rode
on down the dirt road proud of the kill.
Then came that oh, crap, moment. How did he know about
a deer in the dog box?
Ole boy stops, gets out of the truck, walks around to the tailgate not
looking up, and when he does, he's staring at the azz of the
spike, standing splay legged in the bed.
This begins a chain of events, best not told.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/07/18 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gotcha1
I was somewhat involved in observing a similar situation.
Deer stood up under a dog box and knocked it back toward
the cab.
Got stopped by some other locals and were told that there
was a deer in the back of the truck. Driver smiled and rode
on down the dirt road proud of the kill.
Then came that oh, crap, moment. How did he know about
a deer in the dog box?
Ole boy stops, gets out of the truck, walks around to the tailgate not
looking up, and when he does, he's staring at the azz of the
spike, standing splay legged in the bed.
This begins a chain of events, best not told.

You've spilled the beans now. So how many shots did it take before the truck blew up? Also, when it caught fire, did they try to get the beer out first or the deer?
Posted By: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/07/18 02:40 PM

Back when I was playing baseball at UAH 2 of my best pals were big hunters like me, 1 from Mississippi and the other from TN, they wanted to introduce me to some early goose season. I had never been duck nor goose hunting so I was pretty pumped about learning a new way of hunting. We get out for that morning and lay a few geese down, so we have the bright idea we wanted to stop in at Wendy's on University Drive in Huntsville to get some lunch before heading back to their house. We are sitting in the drive thru when I hear some ruckus in the bed of the truck, and when I turn around I start laughing and said oh sh*t guys we have a situation on our hands, one of the geese was standing up perched on the tailgate. My Mississippi buddy jumps out of the truck, grabs his mojo stick and as the door shuts the goose jumps to the ground starts his run before flight, obviously injured the goose couldn't get up and my ol Mississippi buddy (OUR 5hole hitter and LF'r) in full sprinter shuffles his feet and connects with the goose's head with the mojo stick, the goose's head went flying and the customers all had that shock of what just happened look. Some laughed, some applauded, and others were in disgusted; we were asked to leave and we did so but that story still gets brought up often. Still couldn't figure out what happened or how that goose pulled possum on us but it did.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/08/18 01:01 AM

Welll naw 😆
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: New York hunters fined - 12/08/18 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by DaffyDucksWorstNightmare
Back when I was playing baseball at UAH 2 of my best pals were big hunters like me, 1 from Mississippi and the other from TN, they wanted to introduce me to some early goose season. I had never been duck nor goose hunting so I was pretty pumped about learning a new way of hunting. We get out for that morning and lay a few geese down, so we have the bright idea we wanted to stop in at Wendy's on University Drive in Huntsville to get some lunch before heading back to their house. We are sitting in the drive thru when I hear some ruckus in the bed of the truck, and when I turn around I start laughing and said oh sh*t guys we have a situation on our hands, one of the geese was standing up perched on the tailgate. My Mississippi buddy jumps out of the truck, grabs his mojo stick and as the door shuts the goose jumps to the ground starts his run before flight, obviously injured the goose couldn't get up and my ol Mississippi buddy (OUR 5hole hitter and LF'r) in full sprinter shuffles his feet and connects with the goose's head with the mojo stick, the goose's head went flying and the customers all had that shock of what just happened look. Some laughed, some applauded, and others were in disgusted; we were asked to leave and we did so but that story still gets brought up often. Still couldn't figure out what happened or how that goose pulled possum on us but it did.

That's hilarious.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM