Aldeer.com

Kentucky Late Muzzleloader??

Posted By: AC870

Kentucky Late Muzzleloader?? - 11/15/18 05:14 AM

I didn’t fill my Kentucky tag last weekend.
I’m really just thinking out loud here.
Has anyone ever been up for the late Kentucky muzzleloader hunt? I believe it starts Dec. 8 this year.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Kentucky Late Muzzleloader?? - 11/15/18 12:17 PM

I’ll be there next week until the end of fun so I can tell ya then what it looks like. Haven’t been as late as Dec though
Posted By: todd w

Re: Kentucky Late Muzzleloader?? - 11/15/18 01:41 PM

I will be up for the late mz hunt. We went for the 2nd weekend 2 years ago and it turned hot. Hoping for much better weather this year.
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Kentucky Late Muzzleloader?? - 11/15/18 04:00 PM

I was up there for it about 12 years ago. The hunting was good. Our problem was it rained so much everything flooded and we had to leave early to keep from getting stuck in the flood.
Posted By: Bullwinkle

Re: Kentucky Late Muzzleloader?? - 11/15/18 04:20 PM

It's been good the last couple years up there. Deer are back to a food source pattern by then and the colder the better that time of year to see daylight movement.
Posted By: bamacamp

Re: Kentucky Late Muzzleloader?? - 11/15/18 04:35 PM

It can be good or it can be dead--you may catch the second rut where the yearlings come in and if so you have a good chance of catching a big buck running a 75 lb doe. We have killed several nice bucks off our place with this scenario in the past few years. If you have food you should at least see quite a few deer as they will transition back to typical bed to feed pattern. Good luck!
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Kentucky Late Muzzleloader?? - 11/15/18 10:22 PM

I didn't ask the question, but thanks for all the info guys. I'm in KY now and it makes me feel better about my chances if I don't see what I want this weekend
© 2024 ALDEER.COM