Aldeer.com

Youth License?

Posted By: Anonymous

Youth License? - 11/01/18 02:32 PM

I know in the past I've had to get a free license or hunter ID for my kids to have when hunting. I can't find anything this year. Do they just need to have a hunting log on them? Thanks
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Youth License? - 11/01/18 03:46 PM

Need to get them a HELP number. Can’t remember exactly where I found it on the site. You don’t have to get them a new one every year. You use this HELP number to register their kills in game check
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Youth License? - 11/01/18 04:01 PM

ive never got my kids anything i thought my license covers them as long as they are less than 16 and with me. ive never even heard of having to get a kid a youth license at 16 they do hunters ed and buy a real license
Posted By: Vermicious Knid

Re: Youth License? - 11/01/18 04:04 PM

As I understand it youth hunters are required to have a Conservation ID HELP # and record their harvest in their own log.

https://www.outdooralabama.com/game-check-deer-or-turkey/game-check-faq

Reporting: Game Check became mandatory in fall 2016 (it was voluntary the prior year). This portion of the regulation requires all hunters to report their harvested deer or turkey within 48 hours and record the confirmation number on the Harvest Record (either in paper or app form).

How does a License Exempted Hunter (child under 16, resident landowner or resident 65 and over) report their harvest in Game Check?
The Game Check system requires either a 16-digit License Number OR a 6-digit Conservation ID Number to maintain a hunter’s profile:

Game Check H.E.L.P# is a no-charge license that is available at any hunting license agent. It provides the 16-digit license number needed to access Game Check. (NOTE: this is not needed if you have a hunting or fishing license – you can use that 16-digit license number.) This license must be obtained on an annual basis to access a hunter’s profile.

Conservation ID# is a new 6-digit permanent ID# that can be obtained in the Game Check system online (if you have never purchased a license, you would need to obtain a Game Check H.E.L.P. initially to create your record). The Conservation ID, once attained, will serve as the hunter’s access number for life.

Posted By: centralala

Re: Youth License? - 11/01/18 04:14 PM

I think all they have to have is a harvest record. If and when they kill a deer, then they have to get the other number to report it. But just to hunt, just a harvest record.
Posted By: 243Win

Re: Youth License? - 11/02/18 01:04 AM

Just did this 10 mins ago. Go to outdooralabama.com. move your cursor over the tab that says license. A drop down will appear and near or at the bottom will be the help license. Click there and enter some of his info and it will pull up all his info if he has had a hunter safety course. Then follow another step or 2 and print it off
© 2024 ALDEER.COM