Aldeer.com

Interesting bobcat encounter

Posted By: Bamabucks14

Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/15/18 01:20 AM

So i bow hunted from the ground today, which I do pretty often. As I was sitting there I hear what I thought to be cats fighting in the distance. I listen closer and it doesn’t really sound like fighting, more like calling to each other. after about 15 mins of hearing this it stops. About 20 mins later I hear something trotting towards me, I slowly turn and it’s a bobcat. He gets really close so I say “hey” lol the thing just stops. He states right at me. I start moving around and then he sits on his ass like a dog would do. After about 15 seconds he slowly stands up and turns and walks off. About 2 mintues after that another comes by, this one just trots on through never stopping. Anyways if my dang phone wasn’t dead from sitting on alder it would have mad some awesome film. I walked off where the first one stopped and it was 11 feet. Were they mating or fighting? Anyone had an experience like this?
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/15/18 01:25 AM

I have no experience with mating bobcats. Sorry I can't help. But cool encounter.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/15/18 01:27 AM

I think their mating season is more like Feb. ,,,but who knows?
Cats can get it on whenev er they get ready.
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/15/18 01:31 AM

My dad had one try to attack him one time while turkey hunting. He was using a mouth call. As he described it, "God just tapped me on the shoulder and told me to turn around quick". Said he never saw or heard anything in the leaves. He turned quick and brought the gun up as he did. He shot the bobcat in the face, in the air, mid pounce. Basically on the end of the barrel. I guess it was just jumping at the sound if what it thought would be a turkey.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/15/18 02:31 AM

I hear em June summer nights. I missed a big one on ground with my recurve and havnet hunted with it since I was sick...
Posted By: JBL

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/18/18 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jb20
I hear em June summer nights. I missed a big one on ground with my recurve and havnet hunted with it since I was sick...

I missed one with my bow one time too. Shaved the hair right off its belly.
Posted By: BC

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/18/18 01:21 PM

I shot one in the face with a turkey load last spring. Never seen anything like that though...... or I would have shot two of them in the face.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/18/18 01:42 PM

shoulda stuck both of them if you want to have any turkeys.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/18/18 04:45 PM

Chootem in the face
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/18/18 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1
Chootem in the face

Can’t up here. It ain’t season yet.
Posted By: MPbow_man

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/19/18 05:32 PM

For sure an interesting experience either way
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/19/18 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Chootem in the face

there is a bobcat season in TN? did not know that I know youre supposed to have them tagged or something down here. weve always just shot em and left them for the yotes
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/19/18 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by GKelly
Chootem in the face

there is a bobcat season in TN? did not know that I know youre supposed to have them tagged or something down here. weve always just shot em and left them for the yotes

Yep. Red fox as well.
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/19/18 08:42 PM

Yea I’ve seen plenty of bobcats over the years but not like this. It’s was awesome! Crazy thing, yesterday evening I was sitting on my front porch and heard those same noises they were making the other day.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/20/18 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by GKelly
Chootem in the face

Yep. Red fox as well.

That’s about as screwed up as the football program at UT.
Yep, turkeys are disappearing...let’s protect everything that eats them. Bunch of dumbasses.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Interesting bobcat encounter - 10/20/18 04:32 PM

Turkeys aren't cute and cuddly like bobcats and foxes.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM