Aldeer.com

New hunting club cameras go missing

Posted By: thirtyotsix

New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 03:32 AM

So I joined anew club this year, 12 people on 1200 acres. Seemed like a good ratio and there are quality deer in the area. I setup two cameras in the thickest areas 8 foot up each tree with a directional mount. Left said cameras for the past 2 months to run undisturbed. One camera was on one side of the property, and the other on the farthest side of the property. Both cameras were high end Covert cameras. Went back to check and they were gone.Called the leader of the hunt club and told him that both sets were missing. He text me back and said "someone had found a couple of cameras and thought they were refugees from the last crew on the property. Even though I put them out with June time stamps that was their rationale for removing them. He would not tell me who got them and he would see about getting them back to me. So my question is what is the proper etiquette when finding a camera in the woods, and secondly should you identify who's camera it is.Before you mess with an unknown camera. I already know what I would do and I would leave them alone, Again they were placed in heavy sign areas. SO my feeling is this was nefarious. I have not been in a club in a while as I have leased my own land until my brother died last year. SO ultimately am I being naive that people should not tamper with another persons property as they scout the woods? Should I identify ownership as my cameras , or is this what happens in a club nowadays?
Posted By: Mdees

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 03:45 AM

At the minimum I ID my cameras with my last name in permanent marker. We’ve had a few trail cams turn up on the lease that none of the 8 members claimed. We’ll get a call from the club pres if he finds one unmarked. If no one claims it, he’ll pull it and leave a note as to where it can be found. We’d like to help others to know where the property lines are if they are color blind.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 03:45 AM

Wow..That sucks. Ive already lost one on my own land this year.

People everywhere that have no respect. Hopefully it was an honest mistake however!

I hope you get them back.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 03:54 AM

Better you than me. It wouldn't end here. I'd demand my cameras. Some people think they can do anything. Time stamp my azz, they should have no touched them until they had contacted everyone and was sure they weren't the property of a club member. Probably your president and he was scared to admit it.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 04:03 AM

if your in a club nobody should touch anything that aint theirs. its not anyones business about the camera but the owner. no one should screw with it whether its been there 4 weeks or 4 years if it aint theirs. Id be pissed guy that removed them probably has a good buck in the area and wanted to screw up your hunt.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 04:15 AM

KHASB
Posted By: Clem

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 04:22 AM

If you contacted the "leader of the hunt club" and he refused to tell you who got them, and he would try to get them back for you, IMO that's fishy. He should've immediately said "Bob Smith took them, here's his number, give him a call and I'll call him, too."

They shouldn't have taken them in the first place, but not helping club members with a situation like this ain't cool. Dang.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 04:32 AM

I'd be dang fired right up over that. Sounds a lot like the guy you spoke with is buddies with the one that took them.

Take a look at this... https://www.youtube.com/watch=tOPYzGLNTns
Posted By: nomercy

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 04:36 AM

Wasn’t in Elmore county was it?
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 04:47 AM

Id make another call and get a name... I'd also give 24hrs to return my cams. If the president won't give up the name, I'd call each individual member and ask.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 07:29 AM

Sounds like it was the club president.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 09:26 AM

I found one on my own property a few years back. I left a note inside it advising that the camera owner was trespassing. It wasn't there next time I checked.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Honolua
I'd be dang fired right up over that. Sounds a lot like the guy you spoke with is buddies with the one that took them.

For some one that claims they aren't paid you sure are pushing this 200 dollar broom handle

Originally Posted by GKelly
if your in a club nobody should touch anything that aint theirs. its not anyones business about the camera but the owner. no one should screw with it whether its been there 4 weeks or 4 years if it aint theirs. Id be pissed guy that removed them probably has a good buck in the area and wanted to screw up your hunt.

This man is correct. Your club Pres. Knows who's got them night even been him. Either way he should have forked over some info. They've seen some good deer on your camera and have now deleted the cards and will probably hunt those spots this year. Start calling the other members and see what they say.
Posted By: BC

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 11:45 AM

I'd get sideways about that in a hurry.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 11:48 AM

I would want them back asap. He admitted he knew who got them, he knows they are yours now and can tell the person who has them. I would call the law if the person did not return them after they found out they were yours and ok to be there.
Everything I take onto a lease or club has my name and DL # engraved on it.
Posted By: Booger

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

If you contacted the "leader of the hunt club" and he refused to tell you who got them, and he would try to get them back for you, IMO that's fishy. He should've immediately said "Bob Smith took them, here's his number, give him a call and I'll call him, too."

They shouldn't have taken them in the first place, but not helping club members with a situation like this ain't cool. Dang.

I agree. If it ain’t yours then don’t touch it. Period. That club’s prez is a joke and I bet he can lay his hands on those cameras in 2 seconds.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 01:28 PM

I would tell the club president that if they’re not in my hands in 12 hours, I’ll call the sheriff and have him figure out who took them, and charges will be pressed.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 01:37 PM

I’d put my money on the president. I would also hunt those spots anyway just see if anyone else shows up to hunt them.

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder89

For some one that claims they aren't paid you sure are pushing this 200 dollar broom handle

This man is correct. Your club Pres. Knows who's got them night even been him. Either way he should have forked over some info. They've seen some good deer on your camera and have now deleted the cards and will probably hunt those spots this year. Start calling the other members and see what they say.

I haven't gotten and won't get a cent from them and if I did it wouldn't make a bit of difference. If I got paid by or got free bows from Hoyt or Mathews does it make my opinion of them less valid than the next guy? My experience so far is It's a good product, plain and simple. It ain't foolproof but It should help drastically reduce camera theft. I am pretty sure it would have saved me $518 last year alone.
Posted By: Huntinman

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 01:51 PM

I haven't gotten and won't get a cent from them and if I did it wouldn't make a bit of difference. If I got paid by or got free bows from Hoyt or Mathews does it make my opinion of them less valid than the next guy? My experience so far is It's a good product, plain and simple. It ain't foolproof but It should help drastically reduce camera theft. I am pretty sure it would have saved me $518 last year alone.

The OP said the cameras were 8' off of the ground already. What difference is this product making in this circumstance? Not trying to be an ass, but I saw your other post about this product and I was not impressed.

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Huntinman

The OP said the cameras were 8' off of the ground already. What difference is this product making in this circumstance? Not trying to be an ass, but I saw your other post about this product and I was not impressed.

It gets them up a lot higher than 8 feet (Almost twice that). Respectfully, You don't need to be impressed (or buy it). I was just offering a simple suggestion, that's it. There's no reason to hi-jack this thread over it. I apologize to the OP, though.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 04:08 PM

Sounds fishy. The pres. was probably involved in one way or another. No one should touch anything that ain't theirs. I would raise hell at the pres. His excuse is pathetic.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/12/18 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

KHASB
Posted By: Scout308

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/13/18 12:03 AM

I agree!
Posted By: grundan

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/13/18 12:24 AM

Questionable ethics IMO, don’t steal.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/13/18 01:18 AM

If I was missing 2 cameras and the club pres. told me he would "see about getting them back to me" I would go off his ass right quick. He would have a set deadline for getting them in my hands.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/14/18 05:48 PM

Update ?
Posted By: G/H

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/14/18 06:39 PM

I bet the pics are deleted
Posted By: jono23

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/14/18 07:00 PM

Where's the club?

two years ago I joined my first club and the exact thing happened to me. I didn't know how far to take it because I spent the money I could to be on the club and it was far enough away from stuff with enough sketchy people that I was hesitant to make anyone mad...
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/14/18 08:34 PM

I found a camera on my family land a few years ago. Saw it from a distance. I snuck around it, pulled my pants down and jumped in front of it. The trespasser got a picture of a full moon and maybe two orbiting moons to go with it lol. I jumped back, opened the front of the camera and slipped a not in it saying he was trespassing. It wasn’t there the next time I checked lol.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/15/18 01:08 AM

The prez either has your cameras, or knows who does. Hunt this year since you already paid, find a better club next year.

Once a thief, always a thief. Stealers steal, liars lie, and you can't trust either.
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/15/18 02:19 AM

I would let it be known that I didn’t appreciate it but would just let this one slide but if they deleted the pics that’s a different story, they probably would just give me my money back

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/17/18 12:44 AM

update?
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/17/18 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

The prez either has your cameras, or knows who does. Hunt this year since you already paid, find a better club next year.

Once a thief, always a thief. Stealers steal, liars lie, and you can't trust either.

This...and thats a bad situation. You invested the money for club. I would try to hunt it hard all year and get out at the end. I would also make dang sure eveyone knew that there was a theif around too. Theives and haters are everywhere. Morals are a fading characteristic these days.
Posted By: Michael256

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/17/18 03:55 AM

What a stupid thing to say. "Someone" and "I'll see if I can get them back" -- Either say "X did it, I'll get them for you." or feign ignorance. Obviously only one is the right choice but his answer is perplexing. I'd have to start confiscating tree stands and **** till I got my stuff back.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/17/18 06:26 AM

File a police report but don't tell anyone and when you find out who it was have them arrested for theft
Posted By: ford150man

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/18/18 12:11 AM

Yeah...I’d probably get kicked out of that club before gun season even opened.
Posted By: Hayzeus

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/18/18 12:25 AM

update?

Aliens! First they stole the cameras. Now they done stole thirtyotsix.

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/18/18 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hayzeus
update?

Aliens! First they stole the cameras. Now they done stole thirtyotsix.

I'd sure be wantin' to know PerVjerker's wherabouts on the days of both criminal acts! confused
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/18/18 02:23 AM

Still no update? They musta' had it out and they buried thirtyosix's body.

Re: New hunting club cameras go missing - 10/18/18 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

Still no update? They musta' had it out and they buried thirtyosix's body.

Yeah, and PerVjerker is no where to be found, Just Sayin'! popcorn
© 2024 ALDEER.COM