Aldeer.com

Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams

Posted By: Honolua

Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 05:01 AM

IMy neighbor was the guinea pig. I happened to be with him on his 1st card pull and the pics were fairly good for $29. So I bought three today and I also bought the Extended hassle free 2 year warranty @ $2 each ($6 Total). I figure what the heck if they get tore up or don't perform well i will return them. But 3 cams that are now guranteed for 2 years is a no brainer. I had a couple super high falutin' Moultries get stolen last year and although theft and trespassing won't be an issue here at this property due to inaccessibility I reckon this is a good investment. It's tough spending big bucks on a camera and then hoping it lasts past the warranty.

I'll keep you boys posted. Set up was easy although the rubber gasket that makes the thing water proof was trying to fall off of all three right out of the box. Not sure what to glue it down with that won't tear it up? What y'all reckon would be a good adhesive?
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 05:36 AM

My son has the same camera. Uses the 3-shot mode. Seems to do well about not too many false trips.

[Linked Image]

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 06:37 AM

What in the cornbread hell are them things? ! Great Pics!
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 07:11 AM

I’ve got two. Takes good pictures. I recommend them for anyone on a budget.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 10:54 AM

Heck, for pictures that good it's a no-brainer. What web site has that price?
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 11:13 AM

I've recently purchased two as well. The only complaint I have is that if you don't have it at a perfect height, the sensor has trouble picking up movement. Other than that, I agree great pictures for the price tag.
Posted By: king

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 12:58 PM

that is the best picture ive ever seen from any trail camera !!!
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 01:12 PM

for 29 bucks i will pick up a few. Who got dem thangs?
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
for 29 bucks i will pick up a few. Who got dem thangs?

Walmart

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by king

You’re not serious right? They’re decent cameras for the price, but they’re nowhere near the best. Mine like to take pictures of rain.

[Linked Image]

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 01:18 PM

thanks!

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Originally Posted by king

You’re not serious right? They’re decent cameras for the price, but they’re nowhere near the best. Mine like to take pictures of rain.

[Linked Image]

I'm betting he's referring to the content and not the cameras!
Posted By: Chris4x4Gill2

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 01:43 PM

Do they have a standard flash or IR? I'm thinking about a few to monitor gates with but haven't found them in store yet.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 01:46 PM

29 bucks plus a 3 year warranty for 3 bucks extra is a no brainer..
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 02:02 PM

Does anyone know the battery life on them?
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 02:02 PM

I got 3 of the 6 mp ones last year and am pleased with them so far. These are 8 mp so should be more clear.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tasco-8MP-Tan-Game-Camera-Low-Glow/55614224

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Squadron77
Does anyone know the battery life on them?

I’ve had one out for probably 5-6 weeks now and it isn’t dead yet.
Posted By: todd w

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 03:04 PM

been using them for over a year. I get 3-4 months on batteries for trails, 2-3 on feeders. I normally check them every 3 weeks or so and will have 1200-1400 pictures on the single shot with 5 second delay.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 03:36 PM

Looks good. My main concern is how long they last before they crap out?
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 03:57 PM

Looking at it on-line, evidently Walmart classifies them as an electronic devices and for $3 per camera you can get the Walmart electronics 3 yr extended warranty plan on them. Who cares how long they last. If one craps out, take it back and tell them you need to exchange it under your purchased in-store warranty. I'm gonna try 5 or 6 just because of that. I use cams as a tool to take inventory, not to try to get national geographic quality photos. The cheaper I can get my inventory the better and $32/cam including the warranty is pretty dang cheap.
Posted By: todd w

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/05/18 08:24 PM

I have 7 or 8 out, cant remember exactly. oldest one I have is almost 2 years old and still going strong. moisture on the lense after a rain or very humid day is my only complaint.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/06/18 03:31 AM

This year is the first time I’ve ever owned any cameras, but given all the stories I’ve heard from folks getting their cameras stolen I won’t be buying any expensive cameras. $40 is the max I’ll pay for one, and that’s usually either a close out/clearance or a refurb. So far so good on the couple I’ve got. And just for grins, I took a Sharpie pen and wrote out Exodus 20:15 on the top of them! grin

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/06/18 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

Looks good. My main concern is how long they last before they crap out?

With an extra $2 you get the 2 year warranty and just swap them out. $30 for a guaranteed 2 years is a slam dunk!
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/08/18 10:58 PM

Post up some night pics. What kind of flash they got? I don't use them alot, but I like putting them over corn and move them around a bit just to get ideas on travel and stuff when I'm on a new spot.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/09/18 04:27 PM

Night pics are very good so far though I'm not sure how to post pics here any more
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/09/18 04:33 PM

Do they smell like dick’s too?

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/09/18 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Do they smell like dick’s too?

lol
Posted By: sanderson

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/10/18 12:16 AM

How do you get it to tell you how many pics are on it when checking/changing cards?
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/10/18 12:25 PM

I own near 30 cameras. All makes, models, old, new. You name it, me andmy dad have owned it.

Probably owned 75 over the last 15 years.

My opinion is simple, I'm not needing prize winning photography.

The cheap cameras today are better than the good ones 10 years ago.

I'm deleting 99% of the pictures anyway.

Now, other than Browning cameras probably the best most reliable cameras ive owned are reconditioned Moultrie I paid $29 for. FIVE YEARS AGO. they all still work. Yes they use C batteries.

The worst was some WG we bought 8 years ago. They didn't last long but ihad $20 in those.

I've got several, most really except for the few Brownings, were all either clearance or refurbished and I paid not a cent over $40 for any of them.

The absolute worst for the money was Cuddeback.
Posted By: Reuben Gathright

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/23/19 06:57 PM

I have been using twelve TASCO 8MP game cameras for about 4 months now at my Louisiana forest properties.

32Gb Sandisk cards with Amazon AA alkalines.

No complaints.

Here is some of what I have found:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/23/19 07:01 PM

Is that first camera sitting on the ground??

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/23/19 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by lefthorn

Actually, it was a new trick I discovered. Using a Moultrie EZ Tree mount (also at wally world), I mounted the camera at about 30 degrees downward. The camera got more photos than all the others because it did not collect water on its lens.

I have since placed other TASCO cameras this way to see if this can help get more images.

I do mount all of these cameras 1' - 2' off the ground to get more action.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/23/19 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Reuben Gathright

Actually, it was a new trick I discovered. Using a Moultrie EZ Tree mount (also at wally world), I mounted the camera at about 30 degrees downward. The camera got more photos than all the others because it did not collect water on its lens.

I have since placed other TASCO cameras this way to see if this can help get more images.

so 1'-2' off the ground pointing up at 30 deg angle?

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/23/19 09:18 PM

Great pics, I have had mixed success with the Tasco's. I'm going to try this camera positioning technique next.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/23/19 11:29 PM

[quote=lefthorn]

I'm the opposite, I try to get some air when possible. Just as much action and not too many folks gonna see them.
Oh, the elk and bears don't mess with them either. Checked one today 3ft high and the elk had been messing with the strap
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/23/19 11:32 PM

I put this one out today at a major crossing for some wintering bulls. Inventory before they shed
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/24/19 12:13 AM

What are you trying to get pictures of snakes?
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/24/19 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by todd w
I have 7 or 8 out, cant remember exactly. oldest one I have is almost 2 years old and still going strong. moisture on the lense after a rain or very humid day is my only complaint.

I've got 2 that have been going since the beginning of last season. The moisture in the lense cover is the only issue I've had. I'm gonna try to put it under a thick limb or something like that and see if it helps. Hell I'd pay an extra buck if they would install a dang 5 cent gasket
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/24/19 12:52 PM

I bought 3 last year and only 1 is still working

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/24/19 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10

What are you trying to get pictures of snakes?

In this part of Louisiana, deer are the only tall game and they have been hunted towards eradication.

I track and hunt the feral hogs on my timberlands to keep them from rooting up seedling pine trees.

As a result, many of my cameras focus, up to the horizon of the image, on the ground.

The particular squirrel image I shared was the result of a mistaken camera placement that should have been mounted 1' higher on the tree with a 30 degree tilt downward.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 01/26/19 07:52 PM

ive got 3 out and so far , went and ckecked. They are doing ok and had about 1200 pics between them.
if you look at the tasco and some of the moultries they are almost identical. Battery trays will almost interchange they are so close. The setup buttons and setting procedure is the same. the back of the case the cable and strap mounts are dang near identical.
Id rather loose $28 on a tasco than $99 on a moultrie. If its more than a year old Moultrie will tell you to throw it away anyway.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/01/19 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rmart30
ive got 3 out and so far , went and ckecked. They are doing ok and had about 1200 pics between them.
if you look at the tasco and some of the moultries they are almost identical. Battery trays will almost interchange they are so close. The setup buttons and setting procedure is the same. the back of the case the cable and strap mounts are dang near identical.
Id rather loose $28 on a tasco than $99 on a moultrie. If its more than a year old Moultrie will tell you to throw it away anyway.

You just saved a lot of people money.

For all,
If you have a corn feeder for the deer on your land or lease then there is little reason now not to have one of these TASCOs to tell you what is actually eating the corn!
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/01/19 01:13 PM

For all,
If you have a corn feeder for the deer on your land or lease then there is little reason now not to have one of these TASCOs to tell you what is actually eating the corn!

I got 2 a month ago and put on feeders and 1 has not taken any pictures and the other one took pictures the 2nd week and none since. The setup is simple and they have new batteries they just don't work.
Posted By: Zzzfog

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/01/19 01:46 PM

I’ve bought 3 one of which was a gift for a buddy. All 3 are working and take good pics. They come with a 1 year warranty and you can buy an additional year for $2. How can you beat that???
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/01/19 02:14 PM

I bought one early in the season when someone on here gave the heads up. It may be the best camera I have, it has averaged about 900 pictures a week. I am going to get a couple more of them.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/01/19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Squadron77

For all,

I got 2 a month ago and put on feeders and 1 has not taken any pictures and the other one took pictures the 2nd week and none since. The setup is simple and they have new batteries they just don't work.

Probably an SD card formatting problem. We have been running 9 of them for the past 5 months and they have been solid Gold on performance. Have only had to replace the batteries in one so far. Literally, 10's of thousands of pics. Pic quality is ok but fine for the what we use them for.
Posted By: JohnMark

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/01/19 05:50 PM

I bought two of these last summer. I got the extended warranty with walmart. One of the cameras crapped out about a month ago. I tried to get an easy replacement with my walmart warranty. It tells me to go to tasco because it is still covered under their warranty. I have to pay to send the camera off and they said it would be 4 or so weeks before it would come back..take that into consideration if the downtime sending/exchanging will bother you. I still havent got around to shipping it back. It wont even turn on with fresh batteries. My other one is doing just fine.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/12/19 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by JohnMark
I bought two of these last summer. I got the extended warranty with walmart. One of the cameras crapped out about a month ago. I tried to get an easy replacement with my walmart warranty. It tells me to go to tasco because it is still covered under their warranty. I have to pay to send the camera off and they said it would be 4 or so weeks before it would come back..take that into consideration if the downtime sending/exchanging will bother you. I still havent got around to shipping it back. It wont even turn on with fresh batteries. My other one is doing just fine.

One solution I have found with 3 of my TASCO 8MP cameras that failed to operate (no screen when turned on, stuck with all LCD settings shown on power on) was to *BANG* camera real hard on a solid surface.

The highly technical scientific method of *BANGING* the camera has corrected the problems in all 3 of my TASCO cameras. :P

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/13/19 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by JohnMark

One solution I have found with 3 of my TASCO 8MP cameras that failed to operate (no screen when turned on, stuck with all LCD settings shown on power on) was to *BANG* camera real hard on a solid surface.

The highly technical scientific method of *BANGING* the camera has corrected the problems in all 3 of my TASCO cameras. :P

I had this issue initially but realized that if I format the cards after every pull then I have had no issues at all. I have a bunch of these things at this point and love them.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/15/19 06:01 PM

UPDATE: Grabbed some more camera cards yesterday and go this very detailed photo of a Louisiana Bobcat with the TASCO 8MP game camera.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hunter84

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 02/15/19 06:49 PM

I have 2 myself, and just for info, the Simmons cameras are identical.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 09/03/19 05:47 PM

TIPS FOR USING TASCO 8MP Game Cameras:
1) always format a card just placed into the camera.
2) if camera freezes when first turning on then: use a different memory card or replace the batteries. Waiting up to 1 minute can also help.
3) bring along some extra lens cleaner and tissues to clean the lens of your game cameras.

BAD NEWS: I can no longer find TASCO game cameras on the shelf in Wal-Mart.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 09/03/19 06:14 PM

I saw the 8 MP and 10 MP in stock in Pensacola walmart

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 09/03/19 07:34 PM

There are about 30 at every Walmart I’ve been to.

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/17/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by gcr0003
There are about 30 at every Walmart I’ve been to.

Correct, the Walmart I use in Louisiana was remodeling their hunting section and the cameras were temporarily relocated.

Reminding everyone to consider using these TASCO 8MP game cameras this year for your hunting season.

Placing multiple cameras instead of just one $250 name brand camera is going to give you a lot more information about your land.

Here are the best of my recent photos with this camera:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/17/19 05:40 PM

Mine must be defective......all I've caught on it was a few does and a pig. No big bucks or gobblers....wonder if that qualifies for the warranty replacement???
rofl

Re: Soooo, Just bought Three of $29 Tasco Deer cams - 10/17/19 06:39 PM

Sure sounds like Rueben works for tasco.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM