Aldeer.com

Goals 2018/19

Posted By: Southwood7

Goals 2018/19 - 08/30/18 11:30 PM

Well football starts today and I’m in full blown deer hunting mode now. All of us have unique circumstances of where, how and how often we can hunt but I enjoy reading about your personal goals for this hunting season. Some of y’all may not have a goal other than to enjoy Gods creation and that is certainly one of mine!l as well!
Here are mine

1- Share a few hunts with my girls. They don’t like cold mornings but I manage to get them to with me a couple of times every year.

2- Hunt with friends. I am solo hunter most of the time but I really enjoy sharing hunts with my good friends. A couple of us take a trip somewhere every year and there’s nothing better than telling stories around a camp fire after a full days hunt.

3- This is the serious goal. Find a couple of mature bucks on public land and kill a couple of them. Honestly I’d be thrilled with 1. I went scouting last week and put out cams for the first time. I’m excited to see what might be out there and start putting the puzzle together to get one on the ground.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/30/18 11:42 PM

Good luck brother, hope you accomplish all of those and more! I just want to have some good times in the woods with my lil man and buddies. I hope to be blessed to see a few deer, have a lot of laughs, fellowship and try to remember to thank the lord for every moment of it! If I kill a deer that will be only a bonus.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/30/18 11:59 PM

I'm gonna try to relax a lil more and not take it so serious It's always been a hard grind I'm slap wore out when it ends. I'm fortunate to have land all around my house and I usually go 5 days a week if only for an hour., if im tired this year im sleeping in unless conditions r great..i'm also gonna try and let my daughter get her fist this year. GOOD LUCK to all and Roll Tide
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
Good luck brother, hope you accomplish all of those and more! I just want to have some good times in the woods with my lil man and buddies. I hope to be blessed to see a few deer, have a lot of laughs, fellowship and try to remember to thank the lord for every moment of it! If I kill a deer that will be only a bonus.

Amen! We need to get together and hunt anyway. I don’t know how we are both in Calera and have never met each other.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 12:21 AM

1. Kill at least "a deer" with my bow (keep the streak alive)
2. Kill 3 "racked" bucks. I don't have any specifics, just "something I'd mount".
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 12:25 AM

Have a ball in the woods with my wife and 2 girls
Kill a nice buck with my bow.-I've let a couple 3 yr olds walk before holding out for a mature buck,but my patience is running out. If the right 3 yr old walks by me,he might be toast
Posted By: jono23

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 12:46 AM

Goal number 1. Figure out where Southwood is hunting and hunted last year......

For real, my goals are pretty simple this year. With a 3 week old, I'm not expecting too much. I'm back to hunting only public land, but in a way I'm kind of excited about it. I don't know how much I'll be able to scout before bow season, but my main goal is to just get one deer with a bow this year. As always, my goal is to kill a buck. Maybe this year is the year, but at the same time I can't realistically take the time to hunt em' like I did last year.

I also wouldn't mind getting a couple buddies to do a one or two night camping/hunting trip, but we will see.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 12:52 AM

In the following order...

Enjoy the woods, the fellowship, and the time spent with others.

Get each of my boys an opportunity at a nice buck

Kill a deer with my bow

Oh, and get invited to OO’s trophy rich grounds and shoot both a spike and a doe. If I can get a lesson in martial arts and paintball while I’m there, even better.

Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:08 AM

I want to get my wife her first deer, and kill a couple of back straps for the freezer. Would love to kill a mature buck, but mostly just enjoy being outdoors.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:11 AM

Get to go more than 10 times and kill a deer in alabama.
Id like to kill a few on public ground like i used to before i grew up an stuff grini hope yall have a good season.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:16 AM

Kill some stuff.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:19 AM

1) kill a deer with my bow
2) get my son a deer
3) kill a decent buck
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:55 AM

1. Have a safe season.
2. Enjoy hunts and time spent with family/friends.
3. Kill my first P&Y buck (Illinois or Alabama)
4. Kill a good buck with my bow in Bama
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:56 AM

Well I thought I had my goals set a long time ago but events keep happening so they are changing on a daily basis. Just found out the guy that owns the land I hunt, his wife has stage 4 colon cancer. It kills my soul. As of now.....

Do all the work I can on his land and kill some deer so I can give him the meat since he won't be doing much hunting at all.

I have a cousin in Tampa that just retired who has never killed a decent deer in Alabama. I hope to put him on one in Selma this year.

I plan to bait up some deer and take my 4 year old daughter and let her watch and try to teach her what to do and what not to do.

If I can get myself some meat and a decent buck this year that would be an added bonus. I had a pretty good year last season so if I have a down year for myself this year I ain't gonna be bitter about it.

In the long term I would like to start filming and editing my hunts. A lot of my hunting is done on public land all over lower Alabama, and I usually limit out with decent deer every year. If I had a camera, it would make the hunt more challenging.

Posted By: G/H

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 02:28 AM

I would like to kill a good buck at the house.
And enjoy the hunting camp with my FNL
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 02:31 AM

Get one with my bow
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 02:43 AM

This will be my 12th year hunting. I'm still waiting to kill an 8 pointer.
Posted By: Murdoc123

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 02:56 AM

i would like to help both my kids kill there first deer, they go with me some but have never got an opportunity at a deer.

And hunt more with my dad, he was my first hunting buddy.

I know not everyone’s situation is the same but god blessed me with a Dad that taught me about the lord and took me and my brothers hunting every chance he got. He has never killed a deer of the caliber that y’all have and I would love to be with him if he ever does.
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 03:29 AM

Planting the farm for the first time in years. Lots of bushhogging and work to do. If not done then land will require bulldozer to plant due to regrowth next year. If I get this done with my buddies it will be a really fun year to see boocoo deer. It will also allow me to just hunt from a chair and enjoy God's great outdoors!
Posted By: AC870

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 03:50 AM

Two goals:
1. Have fun.
2. Get a new personal best.

That 2nd goal may or may not happen but I think the first should.
I do need to actually shoot a deer this year. My wife’s best friend wants to cook in the Wild Game Cookoff. No hunters in her family and she needs a couple blackstraps for her recipe.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by AC870
needs a couple blackstraps for her recipe.

Racist
Posted By: centralala

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 12:36 PM

Glad y'all are excited about deer season. I'm probably sitting this one out waiting on turkey season and hopefully can hunt then.
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 12:51 PM

Kill one on Wheeler. Saw a nice buck walking out last year and were close to several does. I’d be happy with a buck or a doe from there.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:07 PM

Learn Tuskegee NF better and kill a buck out there. Kill a buck on my family land. ( haven’t killed a rack buck there in 25 or so years of huntung out there.)
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:35 PM

1. Have fun hunting
2. Fill the freezer
3. Hunt and learn as much as possible
4. Kill a mature buck on public ground in NC or SC, and in AL.

As stressful as my day job is sometimes, I figure I better enjoy the time off in the outdoors. Killing something is great but isn’t required to have an enjoyable hunt.
Posted By: rolltidehunter

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:41 PM

1. Get my son his first buck.
2. Kill my first buck on WMA.
3. Kill my first P&Y buck.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 08/31/18 01:44 PM

I don’t really have “goals” anymore as it concerns hunting. I’m through with any goals for blood tracking as well…..never had any really…. although I was going at it like I did. Hell, you gotta have a little bit of a fire lit in under your arse to get things off the ground when you’re first starting. This year though, I’m gonna just do like the old man on the bird hunting show said and enjoy the day, the people I get to meet, and watching my dogs work……no goals, no numbers, no competition......just having fun.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/01/18 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by AC870
Two goals:
1. Have fun.
2. Get a new personal best.

That 2nd goal may or may not happen but I think the first should.
I do need to actually shoot a deer this year. My wife’s best friend wants to cook in the Wild Game Cookoff. No hunters in her family and she needs a couple blackstraps for her recipe.

I like these goals.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/01/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

Amen! We need to get together and hunt anyway. I don’t know how we are both in Calera and have never met each other.

That sounds good to me, just let me know when. beers
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/01/18 01:09 AM

Kill a mature Kentucky buck on public land with my bow
Posted By: bama_tacoma

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/17/18 03:17 AM

Kill a deer on Cahaba WMA. 3 years going now with no luck. I have seen some but they always seem to slip away or bust me.

Get my 3rd deer with a bow.

Kill a decent buck.

Above all else just to enjoy the peaceful bliss of being in the woods when the sun rises.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/17/18 04:08 AM

make it alive to the end of season...and beyond. LOL

Put my grandson on some more bucks, hogs, and get him a turkey.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/17/18 11:57 PM

I just want to walk out of the woods the way I walked in as my main goal then as follows in no particular order.

Kill a deer to fill the freezer 2 would be nice but would settle with one.

Its maybe get lucky and get a opportunity to drag one out I've had on camera on some family land. This is the second year he's been I've had him on camera maybe he'll get stupid on the rut and slip up
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Try and get another public land buck
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/18/18 12:26 AM

Stud!!!... cool Hope you get him man... thumbup
Posted By: BobK

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/18/18 12:40 AM

thumbup
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/18/18 02:30 AM

Pretty simple. Hopefully get to hunt more than I did last year. Think I went 3 days
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/18/18 03:24 AM

In the following order:

1. Thank God daily when I’m able to get out of the office and hunt (I thank Him regardless of my circumstances).
2. Have my son hunt with me and shoot his first buck/wallhanger.
3. Kill a wall-hanger.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Goals 2018/19 - 09/18/18 04:54 AM

as always ,,,,,, have fun !!!! i may try hunting with my pistol more this time .
© 2024 ALDEER.COM