Aldeer.com

Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek

Posted By: Geronimo

Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/21/18 09:31 PM

My buddy got drawn and we will be hunting it on the Nov 1-4. Have any of you guys hunted there before? What is the terrain like and what kind of deer density do they have? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: MikeP

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/21/18 11:21 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: CNC

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/21/18 11:30 PM

I haven't been on that particular property but I know the area well. You should have fun....Good deer density. Probably a lot of cutovers and planted pines. That time of year your best bet is probably gonna be some dropping acorns close to a thick bedding area.
Posted By: jake5050

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 12:27 AM

I have been drawn for the january 24 hunt, any information would be greatly appreciated
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by CNC
I haven't been on that particular property but I know the area well. You should have fun....Good deer density. Probably a lot of cutovers and planted pines. That time of year your best bet is probably gonna be some dropping acorns close to a thick bedding area.

I'm right around the corner from there. Pretty much what he said.

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by jake5050
I have been drawn for the january 24 hunt, any information would be greatly appreciated

I will be sure to send you some info after we have done our hunt!
Posted By: oALABAMAo

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 01:32 AM

I was chosen for the Cedar Creek hunt Dec 27-30. I have several logistical questions like camp areas, lodging, eating and,the like. Any help would be appreciated. 205-363-2326 Adam
Posted By: DeerTracker

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 01:43 AM

Southwood7 hunted it last year. He is a good guy. PM him for info. Im sure he will respond.

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by oALABAMAo
I was chosen for the Cedar Creek hunt Dec 27-30. I have several logistical questions like camp areas, lodging, eating and,the like. Any help would be appreciated. 205-363-2326 Adam

I'm also looking for a campground close by Uchee Creek.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by DeerTracker
Southwood7 hunted it last year. He is a good guy. PM him for info. Im sure he will respond.

I sent Geronimo a PM when I saw he was drawn. If any of you other fellers get drawn for Uchee I’ll give all the info I’ve got.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

I sent Geronimo a PM when I saw he was drawn. If any of you other fellers get drawn for Uchee I’ll give all the info I’ve got.

Make sure you tell them there is NO ROAD through the 80 acre cutover you shot the doe out in the middle of. rofl But I’m not still mad about it.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/22/18 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

We are going dec 6th. I’ll gladly listen to any info you have.
Posted By: deerhunter_1

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/23/18 02:07 AM

I have a the gun hunt Dec 27. I kinda like that timeframe. Any info anyone would be kind enough to share would be appreciated,
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/23/18 02:12 AM

Uchee Creek Campground on Ft Benning has some nice cabins.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/23/18 02:24 AM

I hunted along Uchee Creek down where it crossed Hwy 165 for several years. I don't know how far up the creek this special opportunity area is so the rut timing could be very different there, but the week of muzzle loader season and the first week of gun season was a great time to watch the does where I hunted. The rut timing was the same as on Fort Benning. More than enough deer in the area too.
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Special Opportunity Hunt Uchee Creek - 08/23/18 02:30 AM

[quote=metalmuncher]I hunted along Uchee Creek down where it crossed Hwy 165 for several years. I don't know how far up the creek this special opportunity area is so the rut timing could be very different there, but the week of muzzle loader season and the first week of gun season was a great time to watch the does where I hunted. The rut timing was the same as on Fort Benning. More than enough deer in the area too.[/quote

Muncher you were a lot closer to the river. Different rut dates. It’s a month later on Uchee SOA. On down hwy 22 where it meets hwy 51 it’s another month later.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM