Aldeer.com

Therealhojo??

Posted By: centralala

Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 01:42 AM

You gave us your name and I've heard it before. Weren't you co-owner of The Management Advantage along with Chuck Sykes??
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:08 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jb20

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:09 AM

rofl thems almost fighting words round here
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:11 AM

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:14 AM

Yes, I just googled it. It sure APPEARS with how his name and therealhojos, along with pictures, Sykes is still heavily involved with The Management Advantage . Also, APPEARS Therealhojo isreaping a few extra perks of Sykes being in his position. It just APPEARS that way.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:14 AM

I don’t believe he has tried to hide his identity... Heck I don’t know most of you on here and I’ve been here a while.

Might as well add Chuck and Howard to the Russian collusion probe😃

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by NightHunter
I don’t believe he has tried to hide his identity... Heck I don’t know most of you on here and I’ve been here a while.

Might as well add Chuck and Howard to the Russian collusion probe😃

Never said he tried to hide it. Hiding it would be what the CAB would do when they let a woman be so influential when they knew she was gone to Georgia. So, is Sykes still part of The Management Advantage? Possible for him to pull strings for the company now?
Posted By: James

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:48 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:59 AM

lol Where do you come up with that stuff James?

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 03:09 AM

I bet Mr. Realhojo knows who's behind this turkey foolishness.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by James
[Linked Image]

Damn !!!
Posted By: CNC

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:56 AM

popcorn
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 12:26 PM

Ok, so what does this mean? The realhandjob is really a spy, reporting what the goobs here think? Or is it more sinister? Is he here to sway opinions? Inquiring minds want to know!
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 12:49 PM

Fellas, we have been infiltrated.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 01:13 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Out back

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

Fellas, we have been infiltrated.

We've been infiltrated for years.
It goes back to Riley Smith, and Corky Pugh.
They actually gave permission to some of their minions to participate on this forum.
Today we have chuck's trolls, but it's the same end game.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 01:41 PM

Damn……y’all done spooked him off now. Can’t have nothing nice round here…… laugh
Posted By: James

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by CNC
Damn……y’all done spooked him off now. Can’t have nothing nice round here…… laugh

He was on here 2 hours ago grin

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by CNC

He was on here 2 hours ago grin

Yer rabbit scared him away.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:10 PM

What rabbit 2D? That was a pic of James! rofl
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:22 PM

Riley and Corky were not fans of social media early on. But they eventually warmed up to it.

Going back further, Officer Steve Pinson and I created the agency's first website. Talk about starting from scratch. A game warden and a wildlife biologist reading books on HTML code and trying to build a site. I laugh now looking back on it. I paid out of pocket for a modem and 3-month dial up service. Steve was way more advanced with code and did most of it from his home. I helped create content and knew just enough about HTML to be dangerous. We stuck our neck out and got into some hot water for it. But we saw the value in a platform to give the public more ways to connect with the agency. Our first generation website was mostly seasons & bag limits plus basic info about Fisheries, Wildlife and Law Enforcement sections.

We took the site live but didn't promote it just yet. Still had glitches to work out. Charles Kelley stormed into my office one day. A legislator complimented Charles for being one of the first state agencies with a website. Charles corrected the legislator and said there was no such thing in his agency. The legislator suggested that Charles may want to go back and learn more about his own agency. Ouch! So Charles was looking for someone's head to roll. I explained that Corky wanted us to work the bugs out before giving Charles a demo. Charles cooled off and eventually gave us the green light to proceed.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:28 PM

Therealhojo has definitely provided us with info that creates a lot of questions? Made the 49'er in me come out.

a) Unless expressly provided otherwise by law, no person shall serve as a member or employee of a state, county, or municipal regulatory board or commission or other body that regulates any business with which he is associated. Nothing herein shall prohibit real estate brokers, agents, developers, appraisers, mortgage bankers, or other persons in the real estate field, or other state-licensed professionals, from serving on any planning boards or commissions, housing authorities, zoning board, board of adjustment, code enforcement board, industrial board, utilities board, state board, or commission.

If Chuck is still associated with The Management Advantage, is it an ethics violation??? The Ethics Commission would have to answer that.

Therealhojo said he attended some large number like 8 GC meetings. Did Chuck provide meals for him from Game & Fish funds?? Could this be the reason Chuck went after the license exempt so negatively because he is spending too much Dept. funds on friends??

So many questions. With all these questions and the stunt the CAB pulled with the woman and Turkey season how can anyone not ask, " What the hell is going on in the DCNR? "

Lots of questions but one thing of I'm confident in is if Therealhojo keeps throwing info out there on Chuck, eventually a problem will arise....If not already.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:48 PM

I think I know somebody who is definitely getting checked by the GW now opening day. grin
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 02:59 PM

I thought it was sort of pissy that the "Game Check Tour" of Alabama where they were going to get feed back from the hunters on how it was going to work and to answer any questions was a bunch of crap. The scheduled meeting in Troy was in September, but the announced game check rule/law was decided in July or August (or probably before the first meeting took place).
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 03:03 PM

I am here. I will answer the above questions as I have time today. TMA is owned by the 100% definition I’d a business in Alabama. It was gone through my lawyers and State ethics lawyers. Plain and simple.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 03:21 PM

Well that's a pretty vague response

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by centralala
Yes, I just googled it. It sure APPEARS with how his name and therealhojos, along with pictures, Sykes is still heavily involved with The Management Advantage . Also, APPEARS Therealhojo isreaping a few extra perks of Sykes being in his position. It just APPEARS that way.

It might appear to you that way if you want to see it that way. But you would be incorrect. On all those assumptions.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by jb20

I’m on my phone. I might have my setting wrong but it’s harder to quote and reply because of the way my screen is on my iPhone.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by therealhojo
Originally Posted by jb20

I’m on my phone. I might have my setting wrong but it’s harder to quote and reply because of the way my screen is on my iPhone.

thumbup
Posted By: DAX

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 04:29 PM

If TMA is owned and operated in Alabama and run by folks from Alabama why in the hell are most of the shows about crap in Illinois or the mid-west. I think I speak for most of the guys on here when I say we don't care about mid west hunting and management strategies but I guess you have to appeal to the majority of viewers. It sure would be nice to have a management show dedicated to the south.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 04:33 PM

You could have CNC on the show he'd take up a years worth of episode talking about throw and mow and improving poor sandy Alabama soil.😂
Posted By: Clem

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by DAX
If TMA is owned and operated in Alabama and run by folks from Alabama why in the hell are most of the shows about crap in Illinois or the mid-west. I think I speak for most of the guys on here when I say we don't care about mid west hunting and management strategies but I guess you have to appeal to the majority of viewers. It sure would be nice to have a management show dedicated to the south.

One reason: big Midwest bucks or the potentail to see them are sexy, make money, garner interest and are better television, along with the "management" to create these big bucks

Same reason outdoors magazines don't put photos of does or spikes or small bucks on the cover. Same reason waterfowl magazines love mallard drakes (or wood ducks, which are colorful and eye-appealing). Same reason the RMEF and outdoors media doesn't show raghorn elk.

Same reason hunting lodges and high-fence places don't show Jimmy's 6-point buck but will show Big Fred's 13-point on their website or newsletter.

It's about eye-appeal, money, ratings and garnering interest. But I like your idea a lot.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by DAX

One reason: big Midwest bucks or the potentail to see them are sexy, make money, garner interest and are better television, along with the "management" to create these big bucks

Same reason outdoors magazines don't put photos of does or spikes or small bucks on the cover. Same reason waterfowl magazines love mallard drakes (or wood ducks, which are colorful and eye-appealing). Same reason the RMEF and outdoors media doesn't show raghorn elk.

Same reason hunting lodges and high-fence places don't show Jimmy's 6-point buck but will show Big Fred's 13-point on their website or newsletter.

It's about eye-appeal, money, ratings and garnering interest. But I like your idea a lot.

1 reason could be that Casey lives in Illinois and he is the producer and editor and does 80% of the filming. We try and do topics that are relative to anywhere in the country. We don’t claim to be a hunting show,never have never will. What we try to do is tell people how we do things. Not all agree and that’s ok.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 06:00 PM

Serious question...is that Chuck Sykes singing at the end of y'alls shows?

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by DAX

1 reason could be that Casey lives in Illinois and he is the producer and editor and does 80% of the filming. We try and do topics that are relative to anywhere in the country. We don’t claim to be a hunting show,never have never will. What we try to do is tell people how we do things. Not all agree and that’s ok.

And that's fine. If the dude lives there and has access that's cool. Also saves money and time. Nothing wrong with that.

It's certainly one reason a lot of still photographers go to the Midwest, too, though. Big bucks are sexy sellers.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 06:27 PM

I am surprised that people are acting like he has kept this a secret.
Heck, he has never denied it and even posted a link to TMA once on a thread about people having websites and let it be well known that it was his.

And, he is also correct that all of the legalities were worked out well before Chuck took his current job.

I honestly thought that was all common knowledge.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 06:28 PM

It was/is for those paying attention.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270

HaHa. Not sure if you were being serious, but no that’s not him. But the song is actually on of the biggest questions we get. It was written specifically for the show and is not available though.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hogwild
I am surprised that people are acting like he has kept this a secret.
Heck, he has never denied it and even posted a link to TMA once on a thread about people having websites and let it be well known that it was his.

And, he is also correct that all of the legalities were worked out well before Chuck took his current job.

I honestly thought that was all common knowledge.

Thank you.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270

HaHa. Not sure if you were being serious, but no that’s not him. But the song is actually on of the biggest questions we get. It was written specifically for the show and is not available though.

I was being serious. It sounds like him.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 07:14 PM

It was/is for those paying attention.

Some folks see black helicopters everywhere, and you can never convince them otherwise.

Looks like therealhojo is open and willing to answer questions on this forum, and isn't trying to hide anything.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 07:34 PM

He's hiding his hotels. Haven't seen one in years.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 07:55 PM

Do y'all really believe he would HONESTLY say it was known that Jessica Butler would no longer be on the CAB after that one meeting because she had moved if he knew that?? Who really believed it was not known?? Who believes he, or anybody for that matter, would get on here and say, "Yea, I'm getting special perks from the DCNR"? If there are legality issues, who would get on here and tell it? Really??? Do y'all really believe wrong doings aren't happening because those involved answer questions and say it isn't so?? I don't know myself. I'm just asking. But dang if I believe wrong doing doesn't happen in government agencies just because someone says it isnt.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 08:04 PM

10-4 camera guy lives in Illinois and yeah I know the mid west curb appeal for TV hunts. I just really enjoy the sorthern property management part of the show or any show. I honestly believe if somebody made a show about property management in the south even if a deer is killed or not on the show it would be a hit if put together right. I dang sure would watch it cause I don't care about the Killin I want to see all the other crap that goes into it. Just one man's opinion.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 08:13 PM

Saw a black helicopter today.

And I know who ownes it.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 09:00 PM

A C130 just brushed the top of my pecan trees.
Scared the crap outta me.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 10:15 PM

Do y'all really believe he would HONESTLY say it was known that Jessica Butler would no longer be on the CAB after that one meeting because she had moved if he knew that?? Who really believed it was not known?? Who believes he, or anybody for that matter, would get on here and say, "Yea, I'm getting special perks from the DCNR"? If there are legality issues, who would get on here and tell it? Really??? Do y'all really believe wrong doings aren't happening because those involved answer questions and say it isn't so?? I don't know myself. I'm just asking. But dang if I believe wrong doing doesn't happen in government agencies just because someone says it isnt.

Are you saying I knew something about Ms. Butler? I had 0 knowledge of anything she did.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 10:55 PM

I don’t know the lady, either.

But, if I had, and coulda persuaded her, I would have had her to shorten both he deer and turkey seasons!! smile

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs

I do not.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:06 PM

I hope you watched a bunch of the videos.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:11 PM

I hope you watched a bunch of the videos.

rofl #SiteClicksMatter
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hogwild
I don’t know the lady, either.

But, if I had, and coulda persuaded her, I would have had her to shorten both he deer and turkey seasons!! smile

Now Hoggy, dont go starting a whole different war and derailing this fine thread. You know that the general consensus on here is that turkey season should run from the month before the first gobble til a month after the last gobble is heard and deer season should run from Jan 1 thru Dec 31st. Both with CORN.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:18 PM

I do not.

Well talk to yer pal Chuck, find out and report back to us , please.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:31 PM

I do not.

Well talk to yer pal Chuck, find out and report back to us , please.

Probably not allowed to talk to him due to those pesky ethics laws someone posted on here earlier. I wonder if Chuck and Hojo and their attorney are smart enough to have arranged some sort of deferred compensation agreement between TMA and Chuck (while he is off serving the hunting population of Alabama) while still meeting the letter of the law with regards to ethics and financial enrichment covenants prohibiting direct compensation while serving. They both seem like smart ethical guys so I'd bet it was done all nice and legal. Could be wrong but I'm betting that Chuck did not just completely walk away financially from TMA after all the effort he had in building it up.

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/21/18 11:54 PM

Does anybody REALLY think that there was not an Agreement made before Chuck was hired and Due Diligence shown to guarantee the Legality of the hire?

I mean, Come On, the guy who hired him was a lawyer! LOL

Yes, the risk of a Conflict of Interest exists.
But, we are paying people every day to make sure that it does not happen, whether anybody likes it or not. And, if anybody was not already aware of all of this, just how much do THEY really care? I don’t think anyone has ever tried to hide it. I questioned some of the early dealings with the changes in the Hog Hunting Regulatiions. And, the people at the Dept, including Chuck, were more than willing to talk to me about my concerns and answer my questions. I feel sure they will do the same for most anybody else. But, you have got to care enough to actually set up an appointment or two and go talk to them.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/22/18 12:41 AM

It may be "legally" ok but it dang sure doesn't pass the smell test.

Serious question: As Director of Wildlife & Freshwater Fisheries of ALDCNR, what has Chuck done or what policies has he implemented to benefit whitetail and/or turkey hunting in the State of Alabama? (Or bass, crappie, ducks, squirrels, hogs, cald, etc)

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/22/18 03:55 AM

I finally got to may lap top so I'll comment a little. TMA is a privately owned LLC. So I don't feel the need to make all my business public. If you want the information, you can find anything you want on the internet. I make 100% of the final decisions on anything. The ownership has been screened by Ethic Lawyers and under Alabama law is in compliance. You can search that if you like as well. I do not speak for anyone other than myself and the comments I make are mine and mine alone. As in any of my business partners, and I have several in other ventures, I aline myself with people that have the same beliefs as I do. Why would you get into a business with someone that did not share your beliefs?

There are people that seem to believe that something is going on under the table. There is nothing I can say or do to change that. I have told you who I am, where I live and have not denied anything when asked about TMA. I will not comment on state business. When you intertwine these, that is where problems start. I can tell you that I have not nor will I ever take anything from the state. I do not need the state to help me with meals, lodging, gas, money, I'm doing OK in other ventures. You can believe that or not.

You can also believe or not, if you want that TMA is not a money maker. There is a gentleman on here, (I cannot remember his online name) that has posted several times about his ventures in the outdoor industry. I believe he is no longer in the filming industry. I think he has spoken to the facts of it. There is not the money in it that everyone think there is. Sure, The top 5-6 shows are making a killing. TMA is not a top 5-6 in anything. If you follow our shows you will notice we do not hunt huge ranches, or multiple outfitters etc. The animals we kill and the land we use is majority accessed by guys that are their own property. I have purchased some hunts at QDMA and NWTF auctions and we have filmed them.

Again, I was raised by my parents to do the right and law abiding thing. I put my head down at night knowing that. If you want to believe that what I do does not pass some smell or eye test, I cannot tell you anything that will change your mind. If you like the show, tell your friends and like it and share as much as you can. If you do not like it, that is fine as well.

Ya'll have a good night.

Howard O'Neal
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/22/18 10:43 AM

Tell Casey that I really enjoy his trapping videos. Hope he makes some more this winter.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/22/18 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by AU coonhunter
Tell Casey that I really enjoy his trapping videos. Hope he makes some more this winter.

Yes they are fantastic.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/22/18 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by jmudler

Yes they are fantastic.

Agree on that
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/22/18 06:34 PM

Just one comment. There is no such thing as ethics in government or dealing with the government when the government determines what is ethical or not.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/22/18 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Fun4all
Just one comment. There is no such thing as ethics in government or dealing with the government when the government determines what is ethical or not.

I agree with this comment to an extent but virtually all professions have self governing organizations which establish a code of ethics. Doctors, lawyers, contractors, etc. all have boards which can censure their members.
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/23/18 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by Fun4all

I agree with this comment to an extent but virtually all professions have self governing organizations which establish a code of ethics. Doctors, lawyers, contractors, etc. all have boards which can censure their members.

You are correct and being in one of those groups where licensure is required, the requirement is by the government "to protect the public". The government giveth (to the public, or can be read as peasants) and government taketh away (from the public/peasants)! The government only giveth to themselves and never taketh away from themselves!
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/23/18 05:12 AM

Some of y’all REALLY need to get laid.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/23/18 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Big Game Hunter
Some of y’all REALLY need to get laid.

rofl

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/24/18 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Avengedsevenfold
Originally Posted by jmudler

Yes they are fantastic.

Agree on that

Will do, He's actually coming down in September to trap. I think I will actually be able to help. Just got my youngest son off to Miss St. So it's just me and the wife.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Therealhojo?? - 08/24/18 01:29 PM

I finally got to may lap top so I'll comment a little. TMA is a privately owned LLC. So I don't feel the need to make all my business public. If you want the information, you can find anything you want on the internet. I make 100% of the final decisions on anything. The ownership has been screened by Ethic Lawyers and under Alabama law is in compliance. You can search that if you like as well. I do not speak for anyone other than myself and the comments I make are mine and mine alone. As in any of my business partners, and I have several in other ventures, I aline myself with people that have the same beliefs as I do. Why would you get into a business with someone that did not share your beliefs?

There are people that seem to believe that something is going on under the table. There is nothing I can say or do to change that. I have told you who I am, where I live and have not denied anything when asked about TMA. I will not comment on state business. When you intertwine these, that is where problems start. I can tell you that I have not nor will I ever take anything from the state. I do not need the state to help me with meals, lodging, gas, money, I'm doing OK in other ventures. You can believe that or not.

You can also believe or not, if you want that TMA is not a money maker. There is a gentleman on here, (I cannot remember his online name) that has posted several times about his ventures in the outdoor industry. I believe he is no longer in the filming industry. I think he has spoken to the facts of it. There is not the money in it that everyone think there is. Sure, The top 5-6 shows are making a killing. TMA is not a top 5-6 in anything. If you follow our shows you will notice we do not hunt huge ranches, or multiple outfitters etc. The animals we kill and the land we use is majority accessed by guys that are their own property. I have purchased some hunts at QDMA and NWTF auctions and we have filmed them.

Again, I was raised by my parents to do the right and law abiding thing. I put my head down at night knowing that. If you want to believe that what I do does not pass some smell or eye test, I cannot tell you anything that will change your mind. If you like the show, tell your friends and like it and share as much as you can. If you do not like it, that is fine as well.

Ya'll have a good night.

Howard O'Neal

Nice response; thanks for posting. Good luck with the business.

As a friend, maybe you can help Chuck by steering him away from some of the bad public relations decisions he has made. His column on landowners being welfare recipients accomplished nothing and instantly made him a whole lot of enemies. There is no way he is getting that changed; it just made him unpopular for no reason. I hope someone can help him understand to choose his battles with more care.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM