Aldeer.com

Attractant or cover scent

Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Attractant or cover scent - 08/18/18 10:06 AM

Are these attractants? And therefore against the rules to hunt with.
  • Come ‘er deer
  • Buck bomb
  • Acorn dust
  • Vanilla extract
  • Fake deer pee
  • Flavored mineral blocks
  • 50lb cattle mineral blocks
  • Corn scented hog bomb
  • Bow hunters obsession

It seems a little confusing when there have been threads talking about these or other cover scents or supplements as if they are just a normal part of hunting. Not really sure of my stance on them but want to get opinions.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Attractant or cover scent - 08/18/18 01:59 PM

I’ve never had a deer come to the hog bomb sweet corn but I have great luck mixing persimmon crush with dirt bag making what I call “Alabama Red Dirt”.

Otherwise, Nose Jammer works good.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Attractant or cover scent - 08/18/18 03:05 PM

Most of what you have listed I would classify as a attractant. I use Tinks during the rut, other than that i only use cover scent and hunt the wind.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Attractant or cover scent - 08/19/18 01:33 AM

I put out some Big and J attractant for the first time last weekend. I'm gonna give it two more weeks before I check my cameras. I'm interested to see how/if it works.
Posted By: MC21

Re: Attractant or cover scent - 08/19/18 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by willdo22
I put out some Big and J attractant for the first time last weekend. I'm gonna give it two more weeks before I check my cameras. I'm interested to see how/if it works.

Please let me know if it really works better than corn. Some people swear by it. I just don’t see how
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Attractant or cover scent - 08/19/18 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by MC21
Originally Posted by willdo22

Please let me know if it really works better than corn. Some people swear by it. I just don’t see how

I'll try to remember to do that. They sell two kinds at T&S. One is with sweet corn and one is with regular. I think that is the only difference. I bought the one with regular corn and poured it over standard "deer" corn and a mineral block.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Attractant or cover scent - 08/19/18 07:21 PM

What about the used s tampon?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM