Aldeer.com

timber co sprayed our property

Posted By: slanddeerhunter

timber co sprayed our property - 09/25/11 02:57 PM

went up saturday and the timber co had a helicopter spraying about 400 acres of our lease.question is we are planting oct 15,we have 5 plots on this part of the lease will they grow if we plant them .
Posted By: Rebelman

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/25/11 03:07 PM

They usually do not spray plots.

If they did it will depend on what they sprayed it with. Ask the forester what they used and post it.

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/25/11 03:10 PM

should have put this ,the property was clear cut last year and they are spraying getting ready to replant on the section they did this on last year they spraye after we planted and it killed everyting

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/25/11 04:52 PM

Are you sure they sprayed the same stands in 2 consecutive years? i s this Scotch land. I know they had a helicopter up this way last week.

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/25/11 05:09 PM

no this was a different section ,they have been cutting our land a few sections at a time over the last few years ,what they sprayed last year was next to the section they did this year. no its not scotch, this is owned by a single family ,gilmores they have a lot of land in clarke county

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/25/11 05:19 PM

OK that makes more sense. What you need to find out is if they sprayed a high volume of Imazypyr. It is soil active and could cause a problem.
Posted By: bigt

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/25/11 06:40 PM

Our landowner did the same last year but thankfully he did not use a helicopter and made sure they stayed away from our food plot areas. If what they used is soil; reactive you are out of luck because the clear cuts that our owner sprayed last year still looks like a deserted waste land. It sure is nice when you still get to pay to hunt land that is basically worthless or a few years.
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/26/11 01:13 AM

Yes. It will remain in the soil.... and no.... it will not grow.. depending on what they used. We had a cutover sprayed 2 years ago. Two weeks after they sprayed, we planted 2 fields in these cutovers that were there before the cut. Absolutely nothing grew. Got in touch with the forester and he told us we need to wait a year to plant our cutover plots(would have helped to have this info prior). He said it takes up to 6 months for it to filter out of the soil depending on the amount of rain and soil type.
Posted By: pozzumhunter

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/27/11 01:19 AM

Happend to us one year worst year on our land......
Posted By: CNC

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/26/21 04:02 PM

Dang that sucks.......... frown
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/26/21 04:09 PM

Dang Harold this is from 2011
Posted By: CNC

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/26/21 04:24 PM

I bet it was doekiller again........ loco
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/26/21 05:45 PM

Well hopefully his lease has recovered over the last decade but unfortunately for use we just had 400 acers spayed
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GrandSlam

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/26/21 08:02 PM

Sacks of corn still work, from what I hear.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/26/21 08:08 PM

Anyone turkey hunt it?
Posted By: Tupi

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/26/21 11:52 PM

This from 10 years ago and I can’t find threads from a year ago
Posted By: sanderson

Re: timber co sprayed our property - 09/27/21 01:08 AM

Folks beach about spraying. Don’t spray it and they beaching in couple years because it’s all grown up and they can’t see anything.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM