Aldeer.com

SOA hunts

Posted By: dreadpiratebob

SOA hunts - 07/16/18 05:11 PM

I'm certain everyone just got the same email I did, and I registered for the Jackson county SOA for all three available hunts. Anyone got any insight into the crow Creek SOA?
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: SOA hunts - 07/16/18 05:33 PM

I applied as well. Don’t really know anything about the place. But I’m looking at maps haha.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: SOA hunts - 07/16/18 06:13 PM

I didn’t see any turkey hunts for the upcoming year. I believe that there were a few last year.
Posted By: Bama_Bow_Hunter

Re: SOA hunts - 07/16/18 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
I didn’t see any turkey hunts for the upcoming year. I believe that there were a few last year.

Turkey Hunt registration does not open until late-August I saw.
Posted By: GCART81

Re: SOA hunts - 07/16/18 09:56 PM

Yep, I registered for the Jackson County and Cedar Creek SOA. Have no idea of the layout or the history of either.
Posted By: James

Re: SOA hunts - 07/16/18 10:22 PM

Everytime i hit submit nothing happens hmmmm. Guess I'll try again later...
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: SOA hunts - 07/16/18 10:38 PM

Cedar creek and Portland Landing hoping for a fun event
Posted By: click-boom

Re: SOA hunts - 07/17/18 12:35 AM

I’m in on all Portland and Cedar Creek hunts.
Posted By: bdw32

Re: SOA hunts - 07/17/18 01:11 AM

I signed up for a bunch. If I get one someone from here can come with me.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: SOA hunts - 07/17/18 01:37 AM

Only signed up for Portland. I hunted there the last weekend of the year with the guys who had the lease. Saw 15 or so 3.5 - 4.5 year old bucks in 4 sits. but had already killed two nice bucks in Barbour so I did not shoot. saw two 120 or so inch 6 points, and was tempted, but as a guest I wasn't shooting anything less that a 4.5 year old 8 or better ( self imposed- members told me to shoot what I wanted). It was still up in the air as to whether they would lose the lease to Forever Wild purchase, so we all passed a lot of good bucks that weekend.

If you get drawn and want a heads up on good spots, glad to help. Don't know how they will section it in 400 acre areas, but there isn't a really bad location on the place. Good deer population and hogs as well. if you go late season, sit long. I saw more bucks between 10- 12 noon than from daylight to 9 am, but it was when they were still chasing during first week of Feb.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: SOA hunts - 07/17/18 01:30 PM

I'm in for all hunts on cedar creek and Portland. Got my fingers cross that I win the lottery.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: SOA hunts - 07/17/18 03:23 PM

Maybe they will number the alternates this year. I think there were like 7 alternates for each hunt last year. Would be a lot easier to chose if I know I am a 1st alternate vs a 7th
Posted By: HippieKiller

Re: SOA hunts - 07/17/18 04:40 PM

I put in for most of them. We shall see.
Posted By: DeerTracker

Re: SOA hunts - 07/19/18 02:26 PM

i signed up for all the Uchee Creek hunts. Again was unaware this was done last year. I must have been asleep. Anyone that hunted Uchee Creek please Message me.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM