Aldeer.com

New Game Check App

Posted By: cgardner

New Game Check App - 07/16/18 01:21 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not. Saw this in the new reg book.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BhamFred

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 01:36 PM

fk game check, we need to organize a rebellion and refuse to use it. Instead of tea, throw chuck into Mobile Bay.
Posted By: Woodsman8

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 01:54 PM

Before long you will probably have to have location settings on your phone turned on to be able to input harvest so they can verify where you killed it.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsman8
Before long you will probably have to have location settings on your phone turned on to be able to input harvest so they can verify where you killed it.

I'd believe it. I can't believe they make you do all this crap and then let the farmers kill a bazillion deer with no limit. So dang funny. And no, I'm not knocking farmers, I get why they have to kill deer. I just wish they didn't make everyone else jump through hoops.
Posted By: Clem

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 02:39 PM

Use of "required" will make some question if the paper "harvest" record is eliminated and probably increase the "Eh, screw this" factor. Just that one word could be seen as a kind of intimidation and not helpful for an already troubled situation.

This season IMO will be yet another clusterphuck with the app. You'll have hunters who still don't know about any "requirement" to check, older hunters who don't know how to do apps on their phone (and would hunt illegally or quit hunting), and people who won't know that the Pocket Ranger App isn't valid anymore and a new one is being used.

The new app is a hell of a lot easier to navigate and use than the Pocket Ranger app, though.
Posted By: centralala

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

Use of "required" will make some question if the paper "harvest" record is eliminated and probably increase the "Eh, screw this" factor. Just that one word could be seen as a kind of intimidation and not helpful for an already troubled situation.

This season IMO will be yet another clusterphuck with the app. You'll have hunters who still don't know about any "requirement" to check, older hunters who don't know how to do apps on their phone (and would hunt illegally or quit hunting), and people who won't know that the Pocket Ranger App isn't valid anymore and a new one is being used.

The new app is a hell of a lot easier to navigate and use than the Pocket Ranger app, though.

The "not knowing a new app is required" is what I see as a major obstacle. How many people will try the old way and when it doesn't work says screw it. For the ones who use the app thingy (,I dont) is this something you have to show the GW when asked for harvest record? If so, reckon how they will handle hunters showing the old app? In year 3, if the numbers come in below 100,000 again, whoa Nelly!

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by centralala

The "not knowing a new app is required" is what I see as a major obstacle. How many people will try the old way and when it doesn't work says screw it.

A lot. A lot of them will.

I don't remember what or where I saw about the new app back weeks ago, maybe a couple of months ago now. Perhaps it was in the department's e-newsletter. I deleted the Pocket Ranger, downloaded the new OA app and got logged in easily. MUCH easier than the old one, and less clutter, bullchit stuff and no advertisements (so far) on it.

I like the new app much better. Definite congrats to the DCNR for getting it done. They've been banged on and bitched at about the apps for years but from what I've seen (so far) the new one is light years better.

Now, though, the big task just three months before the season opens is getting the hunters to know about it. So far I haven't seen much progress on that. Email blasts are not that hard. Signage in license dealer outlets isn't difficult. Getting with whatever state news media - weekly newspapers reach more folks - along with web, radio and TV, to promote would be best. Just takes time and effort, along with taking some lumps from complainers but that's part of public work.

But the new app is much better. Pocket Ranger made me want to vomit, and a bunch of states still use it.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by Woodsman8

I'd believe it. I can't believe they make you do all this crap and then let the farmers kill a bazillion deer with no limit. So dang funny. And no, I'm not knocking farmers, I get why they have to kill deer. I just wish they didn't make everyone else jump through hoops.

This isn't entirely true... There is a process that must be followed and does include reporting.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
fk game check, we need to organize a rebellion and refuse to use it. Instead of tea, throw chuck into Mobile Bay.

I'm with you screw em
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 05:25 PM

BhamFred for governor.
Posted By: CNC

Re: New Game Check App - 07/16/18 06:31 PM

I wonder what percentage of Alabama hunters would still say they support Game Check at this point? I don't hear too many supporters on here anymore like when it originally started. They're a lot quieter now.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 01:07 AM

I hope the purpose is to make this one better than the old one. If that is it, I hope they succeeded.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by jawbone
I hope the purpose is to make this one better than the old one. If that is it, I hope they succeeded.

Haven't been able to check anything (since the season's not here) but so far it's about as easy as can be. This new version seems to have been simplified greatly and streamlined.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by jawbone

Haven't been able to check anything (since the season's not here) but so far it's about as easy as can be. This new version seems to have been simplified greatly and streamlined.

Don't let the season hold you back. The total number has risen since March. About 10-15 but we'll past the deadline.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 02:03 AM

I try to stay informed, but had no idea until reading this there was a new app.
Posted By: Out back

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Stickers
I try to stay informed, but had no idea until reading this there was a new app.

Me either. First I heard of it.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 03:00 AM

No don't do that or we'll get a ticket for littering..... lol
Posted By: CAL

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 05:17 AM

Have they made it any easier to log a deer for a child? I’ve been putting them under my name in the past.
Posted By: Cutover

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 08:23 AM

Ole Chucky was talking a big game about his "Game Check" app Friday night at the Expo. He is very proud of it !! LOL

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 10:28 AM

Year 1 of GC--New, people have to learn. Reporting low.
Year 2 of GC-- App not working properly. Reporting low.
Year 3 of GC--New app. People have to learn. Reporting low.

How many years before the GC #s start becoming part of the decision making process? Are the numbers accurate, grossly inaccurate, or somewhere in between? How do we know? I think, maybe because I felt this way from the beginning, year 3 should be where hunters are knowledgeable of the process and using it as well as they ever will. I guess I still feel that way but I don't have trust in using these numbers and probably never will.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 03:27 PM

I think more folks trust the FBI than ADCNR.
Posted By: Out back

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 03:54 PM

I believe the recent GC numbers are more accurate than the previous decades of wild guessing.
Even if GC has only attained a 30% success rate, the numbers are still far below the lies we been told for many years, compliments of that elusive survey.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 04:26 PM

But you can still bypass the app all together and just call it in within 24hrs, correct? I mean, I can't imagine them saying "Legally, you MUST own a smart phone in order to deer hunt".

Hell, if democrats can say that requiring an ID to vote is a barrier to voting because some folks can't afford to get one, then ain't no way they're going to require a $500+ smart phone to shoot a deer....

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle
But you can still bypass the app all together and just call it in within 24hrs, correct? I mean, I can't imagine them saying "Legally, you MUST own a smart phone in order to deer hunt".

Hell, if democrats can say that requiring an ID to vote is a barrier to voting because some folks can't afford to get one, then ain't no way they're going to require a $500+ smart phone to shoot a deer....

I don't have one and I'm not getting one. I don't think that is what they are saying though.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
I believe the recent GC numbers are more accurate than the previous decades of wild guessing.
Even if GC has only attained a 30% success rate, the numbers are still far below the lies we been told for many years, compliments of that elusive survey.

I'm not getting into the accuracy of the old and new numbers because I've heard good arguments from both sides. I'll leave that for others. But if the old way is/was such a wild guess, why are they still using it?? What was the old #, around 250,000 killed each year? They are taking that number then finding what percentage is the GC #. In other words, 75,000 (GC #) is about 30% of the old # (around 250,000 or so). So the old # they believe in enough to come up with a participation percentage for GC. If there is that much faith in the old way why change??

The participation number (30-35%) should have never been told to us. Should have said we are not where we want to be but we will get there. We, or i, had no idea they would continue to use the old number as a basis for accuracy. Now if the GC # continues in the 80,000 neighborhood, it will be seen as 30-35% participation by hunters.
But is it 30-35%?? Or is it 80-85%? How do we know? The powers that be are still using the old numbers
Posted By: turkey247

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 05:12 PM

Please tell me you can at least report multiple hunters on the same app. That’s the main improvement I wanted.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 05:32 PM

I'm not sure, just now getting to play with it. I do know you can log in/out with your CID and DOB so I would assume you can.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 07:16 PM

I'm guessing the same folks that built the obama care website did the 1st game check app.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 08:52 PM

If there is that much faith in the old way why change??

DADGUMMIT MAN, DON'T YOU WANNA BE PROGRESSIVE!!!
Posted By: CNC

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 09:09 PM

I'm not getting into the accuracy of the old and new numbers because I've heard good arguments from both sides. I'll leave that for others. But if the old way is/was such a wild guess, why are they still using it?? What was the old #, around 250,000 killed each year? They are taking that number then finding what percentage is the GC #. In other words, 75,000 (GC #) is about 30% of the old # (around 250,000 or so). So the old # they believe in enough to come up with a participation percentage for GC. If there is that much faith in the old way why change??

Hey wait a minute…..you know, that makes a lot of sense…..Why didn’t you bring this up in the beginning before we went and did all of this? laugh

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 10:15 PM

Whether for or against GC, I think we can all agree it's here to stay. Where it goes from here is where opinions will differ greatly. My opinion of where GC goes from here is based more on human nature, how people respond to certain situations, and not on GC itself or results.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 10:57 PM

GC has been a colossal failure, but I will continue to report my deer and turkeys if that is what they want.
Also, I like the new app.
Posted By: MolyPoly

Re: New Game Check App - 07/17/18 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by NightHunter
I'm not sure, just now getting to play with it. I do know you can log in/out with your CID and DOB so I would assume you can.

Will not accept the number on my lifetime license in the Hunting License Number field under Choose Another Method of ID.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: New Game Check App - 07/18/18 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by MolyPoly

Will not accept the number on my lifetime license in the Hunting License Number field under Choose Another Method of ID.

Choose another method. 😬
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: New Game Check App - 07/18/18 12:30 PM

I just want to know who really owns game app. Dollar to a dozen its EBSCO's computer division. When the state buys me additional memory I will download to my phone. Every download failed previously as I dont have room on my phone.

Heck i just log kills in online via outdoor alabama via phone. That is all that is needed; a link. The game checks app is for commercial sale list purposes to be resold with demographics of specific areas you hunt.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/18/18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

GC has been a colossal failure,

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: New Game Check App - 07/18/18 01:40 PM

But, again.......if someone can confirm 100%......

If you don't have a phone that supports it, or simply don't want to use the app, you can still just log the animal on your license when you kill it, then call it in within 24hrs and still be considered totally legal, correct?
Posted By: beeline08

Re: New Game Check App - 07/18/18 01:45 PM

It looks like the required means you need the new app if you are going to report using the app. It says the old app doesn't work. So new app is 'required' if your going to use an app.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/18/18 03:47 PM

If you don't have a phone that supports it, or simply don't want to use the app, you can still just log the animal on your license when you kill it, then call it in within 24hrs and still be considered totally legal, correct?

Yes

Re: New Game Check App - 07/18/18 04:49 PM

Yes

Good, then that's what I'll do................to hell with some stupid app that takes over tons of different (likely unnecessary) parts of your phone and [probably] tracks when/where you hunt.
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: New Game Check App - 07/19/18 01:32 AM

I already have it downloaded on my phone and have logged into it.

Haven't looked into a lot of the features yet but will when I have more time.
Posted By: king

Re: New Game Check App - 07/19/18 12:40 PM

most elections I don't even vote, but I would vote twice if BHAM FRED ran for GOV!!!

Re: New Game Check App - 07/19/18 04:22 PM

I thank you but I wouldn't last two weeks as Gov, somebody would shoot my azz.

Re: New Game Check App - 07/19/18 04:39 PM

Two weeks?? That's long enough to replace Chuckie! I'll sacrifice you getting shot for the change. grin
© 2024 ALDEER.COM