Aldeer.com

Roger Raglin rant

Posted By: bigcountry692001

Roger Raglin rant - 06/24/18 12:39 AM

I agree with this 100% [img]https://www.facebook.com/rogerraglinoutdoors/videos/1978404052192518/[/img]
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/24/18 01:21 AM

That was awesome!
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/24/18 01:24 AM

Ol' Roger shellin' down the corn. News flash girly men hunters, if you're huntin' to put food on the table , ya gotta kill em.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/24/18 01:43 AM

I am a big Raglin fan. He is 100% right about the hunting subject and he is a great hunter and can throw down on a piano.

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/24/18 03:12 AM

I got to agree I can spend time watching th family, and enjoy nature anytime but when it comes to hunting, boils down down to killing.
Posted By: ttownwhitetail

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/24/18 09:11 PM

The one phrase that needs to be heard over everything he was saying was the word "me"....just because hunting is all about the kill to "him" doesn't mean that it's that way to everyone else. If hunting was only about the kill, then there would be a lot of time wasted during my season.....but hey that's just "ME"........
Posted By: top cat

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/24/18 09:32 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/25/18 01:47 PM

His point about his wild game meat costing $90/lb actually argues against his main point. If it was just about the killing, there are much cheaper ways to get meat. It's about the whole experience. But yeah, I get what he is saying. Huning = killing, period.
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/25/18 02:58 PM

beers
Posted By: Woodsman8

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/26/18 01:00 AM

Good Stuff!! I feel like a lot of the guys/gals out there that say hunting is not about killing are the ones that have acquired a taste for tag sandwiches. I don't know about y'all but I cant stand the taste of tag sandwiches. They make my stomach hurt for a long time! Spending time with family/friends and enjoying time in the field are added benefits but that's not why I hunt. To each their own I guess.
Posted By: foghorn

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/26/18 01:54 PM

beers
Posted By: Thefofive

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/26/18 02:24 PM

I'll be the one that will say that I don't agree with him. There is NO doubt that I want to shoot animals and burn powder!! HOWEVER, if "killing" were to be my criteria of measurement, I would not hunt!

I have spent COUNTLESS hours in a treestand, in a swamp, wherever... hunting and not pulled back my bow or pulled the trigger and I have enjoyed every moment!!

I would be very irresponsible by teaching my kids that hunting is only about killing and if you don't kill something, it's not enjoyable. My family "manages" wildlife and that means selective kills. My teenage kids get more out of seeing a 2.5 or even a 3.5 yr old buck and letting him walk than they do out of killing him. They'd rather "invest" and shoot the buck at 4 yrs old. Of course, because we manage, our targeted kills are meaningful and on the wall and sometimes just watching nature is better than killing it. Goes the same for stopping your duck hunt when you have your limit and just watch'em come in.

Because that's my philosophy, my kids LOVE hunting and they hunt with an appreciative patience and they soak up the experience.

Hunting is about memories and killing ain't a requirement for it to be meaningful and enjoyable.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/26/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Thefofive
I'll be the one that will say that I don't agree with him. There is NO doubt that I want to shoot animals and burn powder!! HOWEVER, if "killing" were to be my criteria of measurement, I would not hunt!

I have spent COUNTLESS hours in a treestand, in a swamp, wherever... hunting and not pulled back my bow or pulled the trigger and I have enjoyed every moment!!

I would be very irresponsible by teaching my kids that hunting is only about killing and if you don't kill something, it's not enjoyable. My family "manages" wildlife and that means selective kills. My teenage kids get more out of seeing a 2.5 or even a 3.5 yr old buck and letting him walk than they do out of killing him. They'd rather "invest" and shoot the buck at 4 yrs old. Of course, because we manage, our targeted kills are meaningful and on the wall and sometimes just watching nature is better than killing it. Goes the same for stopping your duck hunt when you have your limit and just watch'em come in.

Because that's my philosophy, my kids LOVE hunting and they hunt with an appreciative patience and they soak up the experience.

Hunting is about memories and killing ain't a requirement for it to be meaningful and enjoyable.

I'm not a fan of Roger, but I think you are missing the point of his message. He's right on in this message and we as hunters shouldn't hide from the truth because we think its politically correct. Yes we can enjoy ourselves even when we don't kill an animal, but the ultimate goal of all our efforts is to kill something.

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/26/18 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by Thefofive

I'm not a fan of Roger, but I think you are missing the point of his message. He's right on in this message and we as hunters shouldn't hide from the truth because we think its politically correct. Yes we can enjoy ourselves even when we don't kill an animal, but the ultimate goal of all our efforts is to kill something.

This is how I took it
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/26/18 06:17 PM

The main objective is to kill, least I figure that's what it's been since the first hunter killed the first critter , and that hasn't changed.
Posted By: Thefofive

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 06/27/18 01:20 PM

Certainly, I want to put some meat on the ground but if I don't succeed in that, my time spent is not in vain. Regarding whitetail deer mgmt, I have goals that require restraint and discipline. At the end of the season, if I haven't killed a buck, it doesn't mean that I'm going to shoot a 2.5 yr old 8 pt. or that my season was a failure.Some hunters HAVE to kill a buck for their season to be a success - I don't agree with that thinking.

Oh, I don't apologize for killing. It's a part of wildlife mgmt and it's a part of nature. I just enjoy EVERYTHING about being outdoors and I don't have to kill to enjoy it. That's been my message to my kids.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 07/02/18 02:19 AM

Oh yes, it's killing. Not the feel good BS"HARVEST" ! Harvesting is picking vegetables, not killing animals!
Posted By: hillmp

Re: Roger Raglin rant - 07/02/18 04:05 AM

If your out there hunting and don't plan to kill something...... well your not hunting. You might be after a certain animal or age bracket but if your not willing to kill your not hunting.
hunting
1. uncountable noun
Hunting is the chasing and killing of wild animals by people or other animals, for food or as a sport.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM