Aldeer.com

Great DIY for trail cameras.

Posted By: rolltidehunter

Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/13/18 06:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgtumW3sAs

Thought y’all would like this. Definitely will be doing this.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/13/18 07:53 PM

fancy..
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/13/18 08:06 PM

Pretty creative but why not just use the strap that comes with it and strap it on the tree?
Posted By: rolltidehunter

Re: Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/13/18 08:24 PM

A lot of times a thief will see a strap before the camera itself due to camera usually is camo and strap is black or brown which could stand out. Other reason if strap get chewed up by squirrels or buckle breaks. Also with this you can tilt and adjust to makw correct angle,so you don’t have to wedge stick behind top camera to angle down. This is for private land only of course, can’t screw anything to tree in public land.
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/14/18 02:16 AM

Thanks for posting this. Had a strap loop break off the back of one of my newer Bushnell cam this past season so these will work perfect.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/14/18 02:25 AM

I think the straps stand out due to them running in a horizontal line when everything else natural is running vertical. And like mentioned the color. I spray paint mine green and brown like a camo pattern
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/14/18 12:51 PM

I like to add a slice of automotive rubber heater hose in place of or between the steel washers and under the camera itself. It gives you more 'bite' and you won't find your camera dangling after a few weeks in the weather. I also found some thumb nuts that make attaching the camera stop easier than the tiny 1/4" standard nut. I then paint it all flat green.

[Linked Image]

I use wrenches to tighten down the clamp to help ensure they don't slip but a wingnut will do almost as well if you crank on'em a bit and can hold the head of the bolt from turning.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/15/18 02:10 PM

thumbup
Posted By: GCART81

Re: Great DIY for trail cameras. - 06/15/18 06:58 PM

Dang good idea! Thanks for sharing.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM