Aldeer.com

Bullock Co Game Wardens

Posted By: CNC

Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 12:27 PM

I’ve met a good many GW’s in the counties around me through blood tracking but I haven’t run across the Bullock Co guys yet. Any of you guys familiar with them?

BTW…..Where in the hell does someone have to go to find this info? I'm gonna be hunting down there this year and I was going to add their numbers to our contact list in our hunting cabin. Google isn’t giving me anything though….maybe I’m overlooking it. I see the main numbers for Montgomery but no breakdown by county.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 12:32 PM

Contact the division chief.

District IV
Barbour, Bullock, Coffee, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Elmore, Geneva, Henry, Houston, Lee, Macon, Montgomery, Pike and Russell counties.

Captain Heath Walls
3520 Plaza Drive
Enterprise, AL 36330
(334) 347-9467

Here's an old list that I found. I don't think they publish a new one very often anymore.

http://www.alabamadeerassociation.org/forms/ALABAMA-OFFICERS.pdf
Posted By: Clem

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 12:32 PM

The DCNR used to include a list of the GWs with district office contact info and work/home phone info in the white law/reg book that was available. They stopped including the home/work info about 10 years ago. Can't say that I blame them.

This is on the DCNR site. Couldn't find a list of individual GWs by county. Perhaps since they're perpetually 20-30 short in the state they don't want folks to know which counties only have one or none.

http://www.outdooralabama.com/hunter-resources/law-enforcement-contacts

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 12:40 PM

Thanks fellas......If there's no one on here that knows them then I'll call the district IV office. If anyone does have the contact info.....send me a PM please.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 02:28 PM

you will have to call the district office M-F days, or Montgomery nights and weekends to get some help UNLESS one of the GWs gives you his number.

Sad it's gone this way. Folks used to call me at home all the time for info or help.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 02:33 PM

It used to be a requirement that they have their phone numbers listed in the phone book but I can understand why they got that changed. Our local guys can be contacted through the Sheriff Office Dispatch. You might try that and leave a message for them. They should call you back that way.

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 02:51 PM

Thanks... thumbup...I'll make a few phone calls and get it. I just assumed it was something that was listed and I was overlooking it.

While we're on the subject of GW's in that area......Have any of you dealt with a GW around there with the last name Ginwright???? whistle grin
Posted By: BC

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by CNC
While we're on the subject of GW's in that area......Have any of you dealt with a GW around there with the last name Ginwright???? whistle grin

No but my dad has, and I've heard him call that guy every name in the book. He gave my dad a ticket one time at a boat ramp on the Alabama River because the needle on his fire extinguisher wasn't in the center of the "Full" section on the gauge. He had other run ins with that guy too.

I don't know about Bullock Co, but if you want to meet the Barbour Co Game Wardens just go turkey hunting on opening day. grin

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by BC
Originally Posted by CNC

No but my dad has, and I've heard him call that guy every name in the book. He gave my dad a ticket one time at a boat ramp on the Alabama River because the needle on his fire extinguisher wasn't in the center of the "Full" section on the gauge. He had other run ins with that guy too.

I don't know about Bullock Co, but if you want to meet the Barbour Co Game Wardens just go turkey hunting on opening day. grin

I’ve heard stories from several different folks that I’ve tracked for about him…….that’s why I asked. I figgered somebody on here would have a good one to tell.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by CNC
Thanks... thumbup...I'll make a few phone calls and get it. I just assumed it was something that was listed and I was overlooking it.

His name is spelled with a J not a G if you are trying to look it up.

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 06:50 PM

Jerry Jinwright.

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 06:56 PM

lol..... I've never had the pleasure to meet that guy. I know I've heard him called a many a bad names over the years.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 07:02 PM

I think Jerry has been a game warden in the Pike county area for over 45 years. Check your PM
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 07:21 PM

Jerry Jinright. I know him. Straight up guy. He has checked me before in Barbour Co. No issues.

CNC- when I host the Lions Club Charity hunt in Jan, I will invite you to have lunch with us the day we kick off- I always get 2 or 3 some local GW's to come speak to all the hunters about game laws , etc . Normally the guys who cover Macon/Bullock/ Montgomery/are there.

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
I think Jerry has been a game warden in the Pike county area for over 45 years. Check your PM

he was hired before 1980 I know.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by CNC
Thanks fellas......If there's no one on here that knows them then I'll call the district IV office. If anyone does have the contact info.....send me a PM please.

I've got Kirk and Vance's numbers if it helps you

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stickers
Jerry Jinright. I know him. Straight up guy. He has checked me before in Barbour Co. No issues.

CNC- when I host the Lions Club Charity hunt in Jan, I will invite you to have lunch with us the day we kick off- I always get 2 or 3 some local GW's to come speak to all the hunters about game laws , etc . Normally the guys who cover Macon/Bullock/ Montgomery/are there.

That'd be great....I appreciate that. Just let me know the dates and I'll be there. thumbup

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by jbc
I've got Kirk and Vance's numbers if it helps you

Yeah man.....PM it to me if you don't mind. I've met Vance a couple times but don't have his number written down....I need to go ahead and put them in my tracking book for the counties I cover. To be fair....every GW I've met and dealt with have seemed like good guys. I also met one of the Russell Co guys one day. He was just as friendly as could be. Of course I wasn't doing anything wrong either so I suppose that helps. grin
Posted By: tikkaman

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/17/18 11:34 PM

Jinright and his brother were the biggest outlaws in Pike county before he became a GW. He is and always was plain trash.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/18/18 12:54 AM

rofl
Posted By: velvet tines

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/18/18 01:37 AM

Just post up a hunting story on here and they will remind you to make sure you fill out your harvest tag...because you cleaned out your backpack and left it on the microwave at the cabin slap

Then you’ll have their contact info grin
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/18/18 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by tikkaman
Jinright and his brother were the biggest outlaws in Pike county before he became a GW. He is and always was plain trash.

That's what I've always heard about him too.
Posted By: James

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/18/18 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
Originally Posted by tikkaman

That's what I've always heard about him too.

I've Always Heard Outlaws Make the Best GWs

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/18/18 12:59 PM

I'd say any good woodsman can make a good GW, but you cannot make a good GW out of a city slicker that never hunted or fished. You might make a good "Conservation Officer" that can go to schools and give talks, bbut the real outlaws will never fear him..or get caught by him.

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/18/18 01:49 PM

Jerry is part blood hound, he can smell apple corn in particular.

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/18/18 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Jerry is part blood hound, he can smell apple corn in particular.

Personal experience? laugh
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/18/18 07:09 PM

text with GW business card who is over that area sent to ya!

Dr. B
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/19/18 03:51 AM

Womack the most famous GW in our area growing up..
Posted By: Alagator

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/19/18 04:54 PM

I've Always Heard Outlaws Make the Best GWs [/quote]

Back in the late 70s I was doing some whitetail research on Ft. Rucker. I had a night permit that required me to inform the GW when I was going out so they wouldn't waste their time on me. I was totally clueless about spotlighting until one of them showed me the way. I asked his partner about how he had mastered this technique. Partner said the guy was from the best poaching family in the next county over.
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/21/18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Alagator

Back in the late 70s I was doing some whitetail research on Ft. Rucker. I had a night permit that required me to inform the GW when I was going out so they wouldn't waste their time on me. I was totally clueless about spotlighting until one of them showed me the way. I asked his partner about how he had mastered this technique. Partner said the guy was from the best poaching family in the next county over.
[/quote]

Sounds like Jimmy Jones 😀
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/21/18 06:38 PM

Tikka di you grow up around Terry and Jerry?
Posted By: Alagator

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/21/18 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by LIOJeff
Originally Posted by Alagator

Sounds like Jimmy Jones 😀[/quote]

Where do I send the chicken dinner?
We were out one night shining, and he put the truck in neutral and just let it roll to a stop--no brake lights. Then he whispered to me---"I'm going to turn off the Q-beam, we are going to back up to that plum patch. There is a deer behind those those two trees at the edge of the patch. When I turn it back on, look for the horizontal line between the trees, and shoot just below it." we did it just like he said, and dropped the deer. You couldn't see but maybe six inches of deer between the two trees, and he had spotted it as we rolled by. He liked to drive the truck with his right hand and use his left to hold the light. Another guy that rode with us some nights was Clem Parnell--at the time he was an Army MP/game warden on Ft. Rucker. He also knew a trick or two. The other state CO was Gordon Bennett. He was a deadly shot with a .264 Win Mag, and he lived to catch poachers. I once watched him wrangle a confession from a guy based on the evidence of one tiny drop of blood on a pant leg. A local once told me he figured Gordon Bennett would swim naked across the river to arrest his own grandmother for being one bream over the limit. Here is a pic of us in younger days. The CO is Gordon Bennett..for some strange reason, Jimmy Jones was camera shy.
[Linked Image]

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/21/18 10:20 PM

I've worked with Gordon, good guy. Roomed with Clem at the Academy, funny as hell and tough as whipleather, another good guy.
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/22/18 12:20 AM

Jimmy Jones is a nice guy. He had a deer processing and taxidermy business, Rattlers Taxidermy. He would joke that he knew some of the bucks he had to mount we’re killed illegal. He said that was ok they would pay him now and pay later when he caught them.
Standing in his shop one day a young guy came in. When he left Jimmy smiled and said “I caught his dad shooting the fake deer” 😂
Jimmy would even say that “it takes an outlaw to catch an outlaw” 😂😂
Most people didn’t know that Jimmy was a field goal kicker for Auburn back in the 60’s I believe.

I have nothing good to say about Gordon Bennett.

Re: Bullock Co Game Wardens - 05/22/18 03:22 AM

Jimmy had some serious heart surgery a year or so ago.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM