Aldeer.com

Skinny bucks

Posted By: jwalker77

Skinny bucks - 04/28/18 01:45 AM

Neighbor getting pictures of 3 seriously skinny, sick looking bucks. Anybody else experiencing this? Seems like they should be thriving right now. I havnt seen the pictures yet but will soon. Any ideas why this would be going on this time of year?
Posted By: jb20

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/28/18 01:52 AM

Rut just ended in Blount co lol

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/28/18 01:54 AM

Horns already fell off. Said one had new nubs a few inches long, mature deer.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/28/18 02:01 AM

one of my OLD bucks looks like shitt, most of the rest around are fairly fat, starting to slick off. It takes a month to lose 20 pounds and six months to put it back on. Opposite of us....
Posted By: jb20

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/28/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
Horns already fell off. Said one had new nubs a few inches long, mature deer.

I'm on Blount etowah line and I saw one hit this morning on way to work had bout 1 inches growing outta head I was kidding u hope it ain't disease
Posted By: CNC

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/28/18 01:31 PM

Could just be young skinny deer I suppose……Could be a poor buck/doe ratio and a long drawn out rut that’s causing the bucks to have to run around acting willy nilly for several months. That takes its toll. Also, if there’s a lack of 3….4….5+ year old bucks in the population then it puts a lot more stress on young deer to do the breeding. One and two year old bucks are not meant to be the main breeders. They’re growing their bodies during those years and need the energy focused there.

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/28/18 04:09 PM

One of the bucks is a mature deer. The other two are younger deer. First of february all the deer we had on camera seemed reasonably healthy. I thought maybe these were some bucks that go away during breeding and have returned all run down.

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/28/18 11:00 PM

[Linked Image]
This is the worst one. I just got the pictures. I was expecting worse. Does this look normal. A little skinny to me, but theyre eating in the pictures.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/29/18 02:10 AM

a little skinny, dosen't look too bad except for those extra legs...

nice mature buck too
Posted By: blahblahblah

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/29/18 07:52 PM

A lot of my bucks are looking like that right now too.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/30/18 11:19 AM

Looks fine to me!
Posted By: GCART81

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/30/18 12:22 PM

look ok - they will start to bulk up soon.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/30/18 07:51 PM

They may have got hit with EHD last year which can take a toll as well. He looks ok to me nice mass starting there he might be a good one this year.
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/30/18 08:25 PM

Load him up with some protein pellets mixed with corn.
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: Skinny bucks - 04/30/18 08:30 PM

Normal this time of year
Posted By: jono23

Re: Skinny bucks - 05/01/18 05:15 PM

Thought this was going to be about some weird currency Skinny is starting on this site.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Skinny bucks - 05/01/18 06:03 PM

IMO, he is an old deer and judging by the size of his pedicles, he should be a good one. In more good news, he is skinny looking because he worked hard spreading his seed in the rut and is losing his winter coat.

Unless something happens between now and then, I'd say he is a shooter.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM