Aldeer.com

Anyone hunt around Tibbie?

Posted By: UA Hunter

Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/11/18 07:08 PM

I'm going to hunt in that area some this year, and was just wondering how the population, size, poaching, etc. is.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/11/18 10:08 PM

It’s site specific. Some properties are loaded and some if you see 10 deer in daylight the whole season you have done something. A lot of illegal hunting takes place in Tibbie from baiting, shooting from the road at night, shooting under yard lights, etc. If you are in the right spot it’s good hunting but in the wrong spot it’s miserable. My grandparents have land in Tibbie and that lands not worth hunting in my opinion. Good luck hope you are in a good spot. The main thing is to keep realistic expectations. A 120 inch buck is a really really good buck for that area
Posted By: blippige

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/11/18 11:54 PM

Yeh I would definitely stay away from there, that’s a rough part of town !!
Posted By: msims767

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/12/18 10:53 AM

What area of tibbie will you be hunting.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/12/18 04:05 PM

where in the cornbread hell is Tibbie?????
Posted By: UA Hunter

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/12/18 04:18 PM

Thanks for the info. It's just south of Tibbie on 17. Tibbie is in Washington County south of Chatom.
Posted By: James

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/12/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
where in the cornbread hell is Tibbie?????

It's in Alabama grin
Posted By: James

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/12/18 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by UA Hunter
Thanks for the info. It's just south of Tibbie on 17. Tibbie is in Washington County south of Chatom.

I usually see a crap load of deer on C19 That runs into Hawthorne rd.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/12/18 10:37 PM

There are whitetail deer in Tibet? Isn't that where the Dali Lama is from.
Posted By: Gary08

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/14/18 03:24 AM

I hunt in hawthorn which isn’t too far and have a couple old men im good friends with in sims chapel which is very close. Decent deer in my area. The old man in sims chapel has some on his wall I called BS on them coming from piney woods but he would never lie. There for a while deer only moved in the daylight poachers were so bad and I may or may not have heard of a 4th of July deer drive once or twice. Watch out for bear shucks too.
Posted By: Gary08

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/14/18 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by UA Hunter

I usually see a crap load of deer on C19 That runs into Hawthorne rd.

I’ve seen some big ones that came from the seaboard road area.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Anyone hunt around Tibbie? - 04/15/18 02:42 AM

I’m with what bayed up said. Now one morning on the way to my camp a giant eight point chased a doe out in front of me and I normally try to avoid the deer but this one I would have been perfectly happy destroying a truck for.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM