Aldeer.com

Sheds?

Posted By: jono23

Sheds? - 03/10/18 07:03 PM

Anyone seeing deer dropping antlers? I'm right on the Jefferson/Shelby county line. Just checked my cameras and no dropping yet, got a couple of big boys I'd love to find their sheds though.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Sheds? - 03/10/18 07:28 PM

See Turkey neck's post on the General forum.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Sheds? - 03/10/18 08:44 PM

I pulled cameras this morning and every single buck on camera still had full head gear.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Sheds? - 03/10/18 08:46 PM

I've found a couple of sheds from this year in Bibb county
Posted By: Spec

Re: Sheds? - 03/10/18 10:07 PM

still have them in Clarke. They are also walking the roads all day long. Wish they'd done that during season.

Re: Sheds? - 03/10/18 10:11 PM

Wish I had seen this guy during the season

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Sheds? - 03/11/18 02:22 AM

Lot of shed bucks in NW AL. They started around Feb 5th and picked up since then.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Sheds? - 03/11/18 02:43 AM

Feller that works where I do shot a small racked buck February 9, when he walked over to it , both antlers had fallen off when it hit the ground! Don't know if he got a ruling from Season Extension Chuck if he should check it as a antlered buck or unantlered . confused
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Sheds? - 03/11/18 02:53 AM

I know of several shed bucks shot for does in February, and a guy showed me half a dozen sheds they picked up in food plots the last week of season.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Sheds? - 03/11/18 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
I know of several shed bucks shot for does in February, and a guy showed me half a dozen sheds they picked up in food plots the last week of season.

We shot a 90lb button for a doe last weekend of the season. The little nub antlers fell off when we touched them. Found sheds in fields 2/20
Posted By: jbc

Re: Sheds? - 03/11/18 10:49 PM

Saw several bucks yesterday with racks still in Montgomery, honestly still think they’re chasing does, appears so
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 01:38 AM

We pulled a couple of cards yesterday and all had their racks, but most of them were broken up real bad. One real fine buck was big 5 one one side with the other side broken off.
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by jbc
Saw several bucks yesterday with racks still in Montgomery, honestly still think they’re chasing does, appears so

I do too. Every buck I've seen the past two weekends had horns.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 11:43 AM

I had a 14" wide 4pt chase a doe across the road in front of me yesterday evening.
Posted By: jdfarm23

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 12:44 PM

Most of ours have racks still but I did find a spike shed the other day
Posted By: James

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 12:46 PM

Be a while before they start dropping down here...
Posted By: NEbamahunter

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 01:13 PM

Two found on our place already in Jackson Cty
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 02:04 PM

prolly 1/3 of the bucks here have shed
Posted By: okfuski

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by jbc

Some still are chasing. Some of ours will still hold their antlers until almost the end of April.

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 04:49 PM

On the Lee and Tiffany live shot site all the bucks shed over the past 3 weeks, and it looks like they are starting to grow again. I didn't know they re-grew that quickly.
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 04:52 PM

Half the ones I have on camera have dropped.

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 04:53 PM

Checked all the cameras I have out and all the bucks still have both sides. I'll keep an eye on it, I've been training my dog to find sheds and I'm excited to give him a shot to find some that I don't hide.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 07:12 PM

It is amazing how few sheds are found. I have always thought that the woods should be full of antlers at some point in breaking down/chewed up. Other critters must eat them pretty quick
Posted By: HippieKiller

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 07:33 PM

Sqewrlz will hammer them.

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by lefthorn
It is amazing how few sheds are found. I have always thought that the woods should be full of antlers at some point in breaking down/chewed up. Other critters must eat them pretty quick

It always amazes me how easy some people seem to find sheds. They'll have a truck load of them. Of all the years hiking around in Hillbilly land, I've never found one.. other then a dead head or something. Of course when it's as thick as Vietnam and and steep as Mount Everest, it adds a little challenge. crazy

I've got several deer that I would love to find the sheds of.

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 09:59 PM

I'm hoping I'll have a little advantage since i have a small parcel of woods surrounded by houses, the deer pretty much stay all in the same area.

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 10:02 PM

On second glance through my pictures from this weekend, I may have some that have already shed, I can't really tell.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Sheds? - 03/12/18 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by jbatey1
Originally Posted by lefthorn

It always amazes me how easy some people seem to find sheds. They'll have a truck load of them. Of all the years hiking around in Hillbilly land, I've never found one.. other then a dead head or something. Of course when it's as thick as Vietnam and and steep as Mount Everest, it adds a little challenge. crazy

I've got several deer that I would love to find the sheds of.

I’ve found very few myself, the ones I have were in a greenfield
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: Sheds? - 03/13/18 12:44 AM

Ours are about 50/50 this weekend In Tuscaloosa
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Sheds? - 03/13/18 02:06 AM

Many of our bucks seemed to shed earlier than normal this year. Usually, ours will shed the last two weeks of March into early April, but probably 75% have shed already this year according to game camera pictures.

This buck was an absolute ghost during season. I never got any pictures of him from November-January, but we believe my Dad missed him in late January...Pay attention to the right ear

*Year is incorrect on all of my pictures*

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Of course, now I’m getting daily pictures of him on multiple cameras rolleyes
Posted By: bigt

Re: Sheds? - 03/14/18 01:16 AM

All the bucks down here are still carrying their antlers.

Re: Sheds? - 03/23/18 12:59 PM

They startin to drop here. Most still have both sides but I've had pictures of 2 with one side
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: Sheds? - 03/23/18 01:44 PM

I got a couple pictures from last week that still had both sides in Jackson county. Seemed kinda late.
Posted By: Spec

Re: Sheds? - 03/23/18 02:29 PM

we are about 50/50 in Clarke Cnty. Some ours shed real early this year. Got pic of 1 with horns and one without yesterday.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Sheds? - 03/23/18 03:07 PM

Going to check a camera tomorrow that I put out in mid February. Will be interesting to see how many have antlers or not at this point.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Sheds? - 03/23/18 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock

Then why in areas of an earlier rut like Lauderdale do we have a season?

They are definately shedding here by February 1
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Sheds? - 03/23/18 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by AUdeerhunter
Many of our bucks seemed to shed earlier than normal this year. Usually, ours will shed the last two weeks of March into early April, but probably 75% have shed already this year according to game camera pictures.

This buck was an absolute ghost during season. I never got any pictures of him from November-January, but we believe my Dad missed him in late January...Pay attention to the right ear

*Year is incorrect on all of my pictures*

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Of course, now I’m getting daily pictures of him on multiple cameras rolleyes

What has been chewing on his ear?
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Sheds? - 03/25/18 02:16 AM

Pulled a camera today and based on what I can tell from the pics the bucks had shed their antlers around first week of March. This is in Colbert Co.
Posted By: slick_trick

Re: Sheds? - 03/25/18 04:29 AM

We’ve picked up 8-10 on our tenn lease. Wayne county.

Re: Sheds? - 03/25/18 01:04 PM

In one plot this week in Pike County there were 8 out of 8 rack bucks that still had their antlers.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM