Aldeer.com

trophy rock

Posted By: crocker

trophy rock - 02/22/18 07:05 PM

Anybody have any connections to buy in bulk? If so, shoot me a PM. I wouldnt mind buying by the pallet. Stuff is expensive!
Posted By: blumsden

Re: trophy rock - 02/22/18 07:24 PM

Just make your own, using 2 parts red trace mineral salt, 1 part white granular salt and 1 part di-calcium phosphate.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: trophy rock - 02/22/18 08:00 PM

how much does it cost to make?
Posted By: crocker

Re: trophy rock - 02/22/18 08:46 PM

I have made my own and for some reason the deer will hit trophy rock better than anything i have bought or made. We have a hard time getting deer to hit mineral period.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: trophy rock - 02/22/18 09:31 PM

dicks sporting goods are running a sale on trophy rocks for 9.99
Posted By: jacannon

Re: trophy rock - 02/22/18 09:33 PM

I have tried trophy rock and it didn't seem to work any better than the 50# brown mineral blocks that come from Tractor supply for $6.50. Put one on a stump, and after the block disappears they eat the stump. Find a place where you have heavy clay soil and put down a block, keep replacing it as the mud hole grows.
Posted By: Bamarich2

Re: trophy rock - 02/22/18 09:42 PM

I can only testify to what I've experienced, but if you put a trophy rock on an established trail (one deer will always travel), they will stop and put their heads down at the trophy rock when passing through. I used to think it was only during the dry fall season, but I have pictures of deer doing it throughout the season - even when snow/ice was on the ground. I now put one where I want deer to stop - thus, giving me an opportunity to make a judgment about pulling the trigger.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: trophy rock - 02/22/18 10:42 PM

Try tagout
Posted By: icducks

Re: trophy rock - 02/23/18 12:43 AM

Thanks for the heads up and the trophy rock.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: trophy rock - 02/23/18 12:43 AM

http://faithwayfeedco.com/wholesale/

They sell it by the pallet.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: trophy rock - 02/23/18 02:37 AM

I just buy the big block for livestock from Tractor Supply. It's like $5-7.
Posted By: Mowens

Re: trophy rock - 02/23/18 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by willdo22
I just buy the big block for livestock from Tractor Supply. It's like $5-7.

this 50# for like 6 bucks grab a couple each year you can see the bites they take out. Hit it hard.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: trophy rock - 02/23/18 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
how much does it cost to make?
I haven't checked prices lately but you used to be able to buy what you needed for around $30 and it would make several licks.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: trophy rock - 02/25/18 12:07 AM

White salt block works good too
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: trophy rock - 02/25/18 12:14 AM

Pro tip, if you dry hop it (thats what we call it) dust it with deer cane, deer dust, c;mere deer it really brings them in and starts them on it quickly. We move them around and the big deer seem to try and find it and we got more daylight incounters unsing the tactics
Posted By: AC870

Re: trophy rock - 02/25/18 03:37 AM

I was just thinking today I needed to get a trophy rock.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: trophy rock - 02/25/18 04:37 AM

I love the salt blocks from tractor supply for 6 bucks.
They ate ours more than the trophy rock then quit touchin the trophy rock all together
Posted By: lectrode

Re: trophy rock - 02/25/18 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Whild_Bill
Pro tip, if you dry hop it (thats what we call it) dust it with deer cane, deer dust, c;mere deer it really brings them in and starts them on it quickly. We move them around and the big deer seem to try and find it and we got more daylight incounters unsing the tactics
In addition to all said items, we also pour stumplicker on ours.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: trophy rock - 02/25/18 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by lectrode
Originally Posted by Whild_Bill
In addition to all said items, we also pour stumplicker on ours.

Makes no sense to me... If the mineral leaches into the ground and then it's moved to another location, you now have 2 mineral sites. So, if you move 4 blocks, ya got 8 sites now, right?
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: trophy rock - 02/25/18 11:42 PM

Here in Oregon they sell Redmond Rock, pretty much the same as trophy rock. The elk and deer do like them. When we hunted Marengo county, we used salt blocks. After several years it was like an 8x8 hole about 3ft deep.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM