Aldeer.com

Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer

Posted By: leroycnbucks

Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 06:15 PM

I've known for sometime that we have a lot of wardens on here that either view this site or participate in threads. I've spoken to many of them and as evidence when one chimed in on Brett100 mr green jeans thread. So I thought of some ideas we may have to share that DCNR law enforcement may in the near future look into doing. Please keep them constructive and not a bunch of smartassness. Rather you agree with what they do or not.
I'll start.

Have a page on your website that has the picture of the idiots that have been busted for poaching, trespassing and hunting from a road. Maybe by being publicly humiliated they will stop or we as ethical hunters will be able to identify them when or if we ever come in contact.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 07:02 PM

Fill the current GW vacancies and add more in problem areas.
Develop Policy and a task force to deal with Enforcement issues.

ENFORCE the current Laws and Regulations BEFORE focusing on new ones.

And, for the ones that are trying to do their best in ALL divisions of WFF, a heartfelt THANK YOU!
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 07:09 PM

Replace the gw’s who do barely enough to get by with ones that want to make a difference.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 07:31 PM

Enforce the laws as written, not like they think they should be written. You can ask 3 gw's the same question and you'll get 3 different answers, then ask the folks in montgomery the same question and you'll get a 4th answer
Posted By: jhardy

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 07:32 PM

Not sure if you mean just the wardens or the entire administration, so I am commenting on the administration as I don't think the wardens and/or individual biologist will be able to make the decisions.

1. Have a designated presence on an open forum like this one. A sub-forum set up to answer questions officially and lock the thread.
2. Developing a strong working relationship with the owners of this site could greatly increase the availability of information to the general public.
3. For goodness sake, please hire more wardens and biologist and then give them the necessary tools to do their job in their division.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 07:35 PM

I hunt public land quite often and the biggest issues I see are lack proper equipment to upkeep the land, and lack of manpower needed to upkeep the land and police it properly. There are tons of complaints that come in during the season and it seems the GWs get overwhelmed sometimes trying to solve cases. Sometimes solving cases takes a lot of time. I hunted public land about 60% of the time this season and got checked only once.
Posted By: kjoe

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
Have a page on your website that has the picture of the idiots that have been busted for poaching, trespassing and hunting from a road. Maybe by being publicly humiliated they will stop or we as ethical hunters will be able to identify them when or if we ever come in contact.

No pictures, but you can view the following arrest disposition reports at this link:

Arrest Disposition Report Dec 2014-May 2017

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hogwild

See page 5 of the Regulation Book:

SPECIAL TASK FORCE

125 Officer Steve Pepper
246 Officer Joel Glover
247 Officer James Altiere
321 Officer Frank McMillan
419 Officer John Bozeman
422 Officer Jerry Jinright
435 Officer Lowell Williams
436 Officer Mike Heath
439 Officer Larry Doster
509 Officer Tim Jacobs

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by kjoe

See page 5 of the Regulation Book:

SPECIAL TASK FORCE

125 Officer Steve Pepper
246 Officer Joel Glover
247 Officer James Altiere
321 Officer Frank McMillan
419 Officer John Bozeman
422 Officer Jerry Jinright
435 Officer Lowell Williams
436 Officer Mike Heath
439 Officer Larry Doster
509 Officer Tim Jacobs

Thanks

But, what exactly does this group do?
Any examples of recent activity in which it was involved solving enforcement issues?
What is the criteria used to define it’s involvement?

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 08:26 PM

I thought that the addition of Tim Jacobs to this committee was just a way to bring him back out of retirement while circumventing the hiring policies?

Not critical.....
Just want to understand!
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jhardy
Not sure if you mean just the wardens or the entire administration, so I am commenting on the administration as I don't think the wardens and/or individual biologist will be able to make the decisions.

1. Have a designated presence on an open forum like this one. A sub-forum set up to answer questions officially and lock the thread.
2. Developing a strong working relationship with the owners of this site could greatly increase the availability of information to the general public.
3. For goodness sake, please hire more wardens and biologist and then give them the necessary tools to do their job in their division.

Great post! I agree with all of the above.
I’ll add this. I am not one who is against game check however I had an experience with a GW that should be enlightening to everyone. While checking in for a public land hunt I was asked if I had my harvest record to which I replied that I had downloaded the app on my phone and was recording kills via the app. He told me quote, “ technically you are hunting illegally if you don’t have paper harvest record”. He went on to say that I couldn’t rely on the app because I might not have service. I didn’t argue with him because it would have been fruitless at 5am in the morning but it shows that lack of understanding of not just the public but also the wardens in charge of enforcing these laws.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 08:41 PM

Thanks

But, what exactly does this group do?
Any examples of recent activity in which it was involved solving enforcement issues?
What is the criteria used to define it’s involvement?

You may want to ask the Chief that question:

Michael Weathers, Chief
Enforcement Section
(334) 242-3467

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7
Great post! I agree with all of the above.
I’ll add this. I am not one who is against game check however I had an experience with a GW that should be enlightening to everyone. While checking in for a public land hunt I was asked if I had my harvest record to which I replied that I had downloaded the app on my phone and was recording kills via the app. He told me quote, “ technically you are hunting illegally if you don’t have paper harvest record”. He went on to say that I couldn’t rely on the app because I might not have service. I didn’t argue with him because it would have been fruitless at 5am in the morning but it shows that lack of understanding of not just the public but also the wardens in charge of enforcing these laws.

There is no "harvest record" for the 2017-2018 season in the current rule if he wants to get technical. See page 25 of the Regulation Book. The last "harvest record" in the rule was submitted for the 2016-2017 season. It still appears in the Administrative Code of Alabama.

To get even more technical, the Regulation Book isn't even official because it fails to meet the requirements of Section 9-2-8 of the Code of Alabama.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 08:59 PM

Okay, now I'm sure 49er is back!
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Out back

lol

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:02 PM

It don't take a genius like 49er to read plain English. Look for yourself.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by ronfromramer
Enforce the laws as written, not like they think they should be written. You can ask 3 gw's the same question and you'll get 3 different answers, then ask the folks in montgomery the same question and you'll get a 4th answer

They tend to enforce the laws as their local judges interpret them, not their own versions. But, yes they have different answers because it is the local judges that see things differently causing the different answers

Spoken just like Eddie himself.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by jawbone
Originally Posted by ronfromramer

They tend to enforce the laws as their local judges interpret them, not their own versions. But, yes they have different answers because it is the local judges that see things differently causing the different answers

Spoken just like Eddie himself.

I doubt if Shaw would let that get passed him.
Posted By: burbank

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:21 PM

Ban hammer time for kjoe.....

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:24 PM

leroycnbucks,

Are the reports I posted a link to the kind of information you wanted the DCNR to share?

It took me 3 years and $134 to get them, but they're yours for free if that's what you wanted.

Arrest Disposition Rpt.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:30 PM

I hope that it IS 49'er.

Like him or not.....

His posts are usually correct and informative.
Some may be a little over-bearing......but, factual.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:39 PM

49er quit hunting he said on bh.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:40 PM

leroycnbucks,

Are the reports I posted a link to the kind of information you wanted the DCNR to share?

It took me 3 years and $134 to get them, but they're yours for free if that's what you wanted.

Arrest Disposition Rpt.

Yes and I appreciate you posting that. I was thinking a wall of shame page on their site with a picture along with the violation of poaching, trespassing and hunting from the road.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:48 PM

I've asked them to do that before and they wouldn't do it. It took me forever to pry the reports I got out of them. They don't like laws that require them to do stuff. I had to get the governor and the AG involved to get them.
Posted By: jhardy

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:48 PM

I hope that it IS 49'er.

Like him or not.....

His posts are usually correct and informative.
Some may be a little over-bearing......but, factual.

Eddie with restraint on copy/paste. thumbup Breath of fresh air compared to some of the liberal posters we have. They will be along shortly to tell everyone we don't know what we are talking about and Chuck should have a lifetime appointment.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 09:56 PM

Welcome back Eddie.
I hope you can continue to demonstrate restraint.
Posted By: whack-n-stack

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 10:22 PM

leroycnbucks,

Arrest Disposition Rpt.

You may not be 49'er, but whoever uploaded that scrib document was.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/12/18 10:29 PM

Welcome back Eddie.

I had to slip in the back door while Skinny was snowed under getting the site back up. If he would quit letting people talk about me when I can't respond, I would have let him be. I expect to be gone when he finds out, but it's not fair for him to allow people to keep talking about me here when I can't be here to defend myself.

I guess we'll know soon if that little blinky thing at the top of the page quits flashing. smile
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 01:28 AM

I'd advise Montgomery to address the Wilcox Co issues sooner than later....like NOW.
Posted By: grundan

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 02:35 AM

A wall of shame...
Posted By: grundan

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
I've known for sometime that we have a lot of wardens on here that either view this site or participate in threads. I've spoken to many of them and as evidence when one chimed in on Brett100 mr green jeans thread. So I thought of some ideas we may have to share that DCNR law enforcement may in the near future look into doing. Please keep them constructive and not a bunch of smartassness. Rather you agree with what they do or not.
I'll start.

A wall of shame
Posted By: Clem

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 02:54 AM

Welcome back Eddie.

I had to slip in the back door while Skinny was snowed under getting the site back up. If he would quit letting people talk about me when I can't respond, I would have let him be. I expect to be gone when he finds out, but it's not fair for him to allow people to keep talking about me here when I can't be here to defend myself.

I guess we'll know soon if that little blinky thing at the top of the page quits flashing. smile

257 says the fair is where you go to get blue ribbons.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 02:58 AM

Yep! I heard the word "fair" at my house and shits about roll! We don't use that word round here
Posted By: ford150man

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 04:01 AM

I've had good experiences with my local GW, so no complaints about him, but for the system as a whole, I'd like to see more focus on serious crimes like trespassing/poaching rather than chasing down the dangerous person hunting over corn.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 05:17 AM

for the lack of man power on public land for green fields, trash pick up ect. have work days that the public can come to and give a hand. Give these guys that come a reward of some sort. Maybe a special area, that a permit from the work day covers. Or special dates, maybe a drawing for gun. permits to hunt hogs over bait at night ect. . I've already told the warden who is over my place that I would like to tag along on one of his work days in the area of my land.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 10:34 AM

If feasible,I'd like to see all the SOA hunts set aside somehow for the kids.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 12:09 PM

I thought that the addition of Tim Jacobs to this committee was just a way to bring him back out of retirement while circumventing the hiring policies?

Not critical.....
Just want to understand!

There is a retired state employee program.. it limits the hours per week or a dollar amount per year, can't remember which one. We have some nurses who do it.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by ford150man
I've had good experiences with my local GW, so no complaints about him, but for the system as a whole, I'd like to see more focus on serious crimes like trespassing/poaching rather than chasing down the dangerous person hunting over corn.

I agree with that. It does seem as though they are more interested in pursuing baiting than poaching. I know unless they just stumble onto one that poachers are harder to catch and require more man hours than it does to go in find corn, document it then come back later and catch someone on that field. But thats where the resources should be focused on as well as night and road hunters.

Also the state DCNR and the county sheriffs should do a sit down and go over things. The warden will tell you if you find someone poaching to call the sheriff since they will get there quicker. When you do call the sheriff they are lost and ask why are we calling them when its a fish and game violation and should be calling them. Then you have to go thru the whole spill of the warden told us to call you first cause you will get there quicker and that then if he (warden) cant get here you can do the report get the info from the poacher and the warden can follow up on it later.

Posted By: DryFire

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/13/18 05:55 PM

If any of you GW's see a Wellcraft CC between Ditto's and G'Dam, fell free to come over. I gladly show you the required documentation and the (usually empty) live well. You are welcome to any cold drinks in my cooler, but I don't share my deer jerky with anyone! grin
Posted By: globe

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/14/18 02:10 PM

The two biggest rules I see broken are people shooting deer in their backyards at night, and people around my area hunting turkeys as soon as they start gobbling. It totally ruins and negates the whole idea of youth season! As soon as GW's hear that turkeys are starting to gobble, they should be out every AM listening for gunshots. "Wall Of Shame" means nothing to me, just hit them where it hurts with hunting rights and fines.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/14/18 03:42 PM

Why should youth get a head start on turkey season?
They're younger and more energetic than I am.
Hell, I'm the one who needs the head start.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/14/18 07:11 PM

Me too. Have a broke down in the back and knees got nothin to tolerate BS weekend hunt for us folks.
Posted By: globe

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/14/18 07:43 PM

Because that's the way it is. If it wasn't that way I'd still suggest that they pursue People hunting early.
It's a problem.
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/15/18 07:59 AM

I know turkey hunters may not like this one, but after seeing how fast gobblers get killed in spring a change needs to be made. Maybe have fall turkey season while it is colder, especially on public land and limit numbers. Close the spring season down unless population control is needed. When those gobblers start gobbling you know exactly where they are from a mile away. Almost impossible to keep them alive. If deer made a sound that loud in the rut they would all be dead.

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/15/18 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by outdoors1
I know turkey hunters may not like this one, but after seeing how fast gobblers get killed in spring a change needs to be made. Maybe have fall turkey season while it is colder, especially on public land and limit numbers. Close the spring season down unless population control is needed. When those gobblers start gobbling you know exactly where they are from a mile away. Almost impossible to keep them alive. If deer made a sound that loud in the rut they would all be dead.

Say what!?!?
I hope you're joking.
Take away my spring turkey season and you might as well shoot me!
There are very few truly magnificent things left, in this world, and killing a strutter is one of them!
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/16/18 12:06 AM

Worst post I ever seen on Aldeer

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/16/18 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe
Worst post I ever seen on Aldeer

10 day delay on some public WMA's!

Re: Suggestions to DCNR law enforcement from Aldeer - 02/16/18 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by outdoors1

Say what!?!?
I hope you're joking.
Take away my spring turkey season and you might as well shoot me!
There are very few truly magnificent things left, in this world, and killing a strutter is one of them!

If it ever get's were you are not seeing many you may want to think about watching and protecting instead of being just a shooter. Maybe your population will not ever get wiped out like what happen in Florida not so long ago.
You can look up:
http://www.gameandfishmag.com/hunting/florida-turkey-season/
© 2024 ALDEER.COM