Aldeer.com

Heard a snort wheeze for the first time

Posted By: ChrisAU

Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/13/18 10:59 PM

Well at least the first time not on tv. Had a 4 pt harrasing and grunting at a doe out in front of me and heard a most unmistakable snort wheeze. Was loud as heck, deer wasn’t 40 yards from me when he did. Pretty cool to hear it. Was an old buck that was on our list that had declined from last year, last year he had a double brow tine on the side that has such a long brow tine, and he had longer tines but he is heavier this year for sure. Exciting hunt, the rut is in full swing in Eastern Henry Co.

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/13/18 10:59 PM

Idk why the pic isn’t bigger. Imgur sucks.

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/13/18 11:03 PM

Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/13/18 11:08 PM

Congrats
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/13/18 11:14 PM

Congrats man nice local deer
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 12:19 AM

Is that the same deer? Congrats on the harvest.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 01:18 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: BamaWes14

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 06:37 AM

Congrats!! Nice buck
Posted By: Waldo

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 06:58 AM

Nice buck!
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 07:07 AM

nice buck, congrats.

In 50+ years in the woods I have heard exactly ONE snort wheeze and I was looking at that buck as I had just rattled him to me. You would think from watching TV hunting shows that all bucks did was walk around snort wheezing at everything. grin
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
In 50+ years in the woods I have heard exactly ONE snort wheeze and I was looking at that buck as I had just rattled him to me. You would think from watching TV hunting shows that all bucks did was walk around snort wheezing at everything. grin

Same here. Son and I were bow hunting in Marengo County and we had 4 racked bucks in the field with us. One nice 8 pt was tearing up a tree not more than 5 yards from me. They were walking toward my son so I did not shoot. Son at the time was about 6 or 7 years old and he was ready! There was one in the thick stuff that would not come into the field. He was snort wheezing every minute for at least ten minutes. I had no idea what he was doing as this was probably over 20 years ago and there was no such thing called a grunt wheez then. Later, when the sound became the talk of TV hunting shows we realized what we had heard that evening. Never heard it again in my life.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 07:50 AM

I’ve heard a snort wheeze several times, although it has been a few years.

Nice buck!!
Posted By: sj22

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 07:56 AM

Congrats
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 08:09 AM

Heard my first this year as well. Had a young 8point mirroring a doe grunting and running her all over the field. Well I guess this commotion attracted the attention of a larger bodied 6pt. He come into the field and Made a scrape. The 8 point started walking towards him and as soon as the 6pt finished his pee he turned around and snort wheezed at the 8pt and puffed up and stiff leg walked him all around the field. Thought they were gonna fight but never did
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 08:30 AM

I've never heard a snort wheeze but have heard a few other sounds like a click click click sound coming from a buck following a doe and I've heard a buck roar one time. Took me a second to figure out what I was hearing on that one but the clicking sound I was looking at the deer
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 08:55 AM

Good deer. I hardly even hear them grunt. The does on our place do a lot of bleeting. Those are the most vocal deer I have ever been around.
Posted By: quailman

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 09:03 AM

Only heard it once myself. Hunting Texas a few years ago. Pretty cool.

And congrats on a fine buck!
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 10:01 AM

I've never heard one snort wheeze but I have used it as a last resort to bring a nice eight point into bow range. He wouldn't come to my grunt calling and just before he was fixing to swim the creek I snort wheezed at him. He spun around and came straight back to me. Fatal mistake.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: quailman

Spikes don't snort wheeze. rofl
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 10:32 AM

Nice
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 11:49 AM

Congrats on a FINE buck!

I've heard the snort wheeze twice in TN a few years ago. In Illinois I heard the click click click as a small 6 point stood absolutely motionless for 22 minutes watching 2 does feed under my tree. He eventually walked ni but was no where near a shooter for me.
Posted By: quailman

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Originally Posted By: quailman

Spikes don't snort wheeze. rofl

Looks like we got a comedian up in this bitch! laugh
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 03:18 PM

Heck of a deer Chris
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 03:41 PM

thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Mossy454

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 04:14 PM

Nice buck.
Unfortunately, I've heard the snorts way too often. It usually means the wind has shifted and I've been nailed. Usually on a windy day when the wind seems to swirl in all different directions. I've heard it 3 times so far this season. I had 2 does 20 yards from me. They knew I was there, but with the wind swirling, they couldn't pinpoint me. I've hunted out of a tree stand some, but I've never been too eager to climb trees.

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Mossy454
Nice buck.
Unfortunately, I've heard the snorts way too often. It usually means the wind has shifted and I've been nailed. Usually on a windy day when the wind seems to swirl in all different directions. I've heard it 3 times so far this season. I had 2 does 20 yards from me. They knew I was there, but with the wind swirling, they couldn't pinpoint me. I've hunted out of a tree stand some, but I've never been too eager to climb trees.

Not a deer blowing, only bucks snort wheeze.

https://youtu.be/gcLGkjQuuzY
Posted By: Mossy454

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisAU
Originally Posted By: Mossy454
Nice buck.

Not a deer blowing, only bucks snort wheeze.

https://youtu.be/gcLGkjQuuzY

Thank you for setting me straight on that.
Posted By: ZS81

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/14/18 08:14 PM

Nice one! Congrats!
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Heard a snort wheeze for the first time - 01/15/18 08:21 AM

Congrats!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM