Aldeer.com

Cooking venison question

Posted By: goodman_hunter

Cooking venison question - 12/22/17 05:44 PM

When cooking deer cubes and gravy, do you A) brown tips, then rue and gravy or B) let cubes cook while making rue and gravy.

Or better yet, how do you cook it?
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/22/17 05:48 PM

Brown the cubes real well in cast iron, then make gravy with the drippings in the same pan, then put the cubes back in the gravy to finish cooking.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/22/17 06:13 PM

Recipe my wife uses for backstrap is put in crockpot, In a bowl pour in 1 large can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 can of water and 1 packet of any Liptons onion soup mix. Stir until well blended. Pour over backstrap in crockpot, Put lid on, turn on high . 6-8 hours later you can pull it apart with a fork. Makes its own gravy. Guaranteed good every time.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/22/17 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer
Brown the cubes real well in cast iron, then make gravy with the drippings in the same pan, then put the cubes back in the gravy to finish cooking.

This^^^^^^
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/22/17 09:28 PM

i like mine best battered and fried then home made brown or white gravy poured over the meat . how i fix it depends on the sides i have
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/22/17 09:29 PM

One thing we do is make a huge roast and cook it till it shreads. Then we make a shepherds pie .Man it's good stuff.
Posted By: Highlander

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/22/17 10:41 PM

I'm in the the process of doing a crock-pot venison roast. Do I leave the bone in or cut it out?
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/22/17 10:46 PM

this, just finished a plateload of it.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/23/17 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Highlander
I'm in the the process of doing a crock-pot venison roast. Do I leave the bone in or cut it out?

either way. I normally cook it with out the bone. The wife dosent like seeing the bone in the crock pot

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/23/17 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred

this, just finished a plateload of it.

That's how I ended up doing it. The night before I made some stir fry, with the other half of meat. The meat still ended up tough. My wife put it in a big pan and set it in the fridge. After it had thawed out, with no water in the pan. Idk.

What you think made it tough?

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/23/17 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Highlander

Most things taste better with the bone in. But I could see taking it out, because I cooked some wild pig ribs and them bones kinda creeped me out cause they didn't look like regular pork ribs.
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Cooking venison question - 12/23/17 02:56 PM

For more tender steak make like regular beef cube steak. Take meat out of grease after frying. Bring your gravy to a boil and then add meat back. This will be a lot more tender.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM