Aldeer.com

Dam Neighbors

Posted By: BradB

Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:06 PM

West neighbors clear cut their entire 220 acres bordering me to the west. Have not sprayed, burned or re-planted and probably will not,its a nasty mess.They don't plant squat for plots winter or summer.Buddy was checking cameras today and lo and behold what has appeared on the line, right next to my 8 acres of corn and beans.Of course I support their right to hunt every inch of their property as they wish. Glad I have the same rights.Since we do not hunt lines or this field I figured it was a great place to set up a supplemental feeding station.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:10 PM

That certainly appears to be in view and within a 100 yards. Legally they cant hunt that stand with that feeder located there. Doesn't matter if the feeder is on their property or not.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:25 PM

Hilarious
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:27 PM

^^^^ all you now need to do is to contact your local warden and invite him out to review the situation and let him know that you'll be keeping that feeder full all season. Tell him you would appreciate him keeping an eye out on the people hunting that stand, as you highly suspect that it was recently put there to harvest deer, illegally off of your established game feeding station. Problem solved.

Oh yeah, make sure there is corn visible on the ground around the feeder when he comes to meet with you.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:30 PM

If his stand was in place before you put the feeder out there, wouldn't/couldn't it be considered harassment of a hunter that was legally hunting on his land?

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:31 PM

^^^Negative, he's already established precedence that it is a known feeding location on his property given that he has 8 acres of beans and corn planted there currently.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:37 PM

10 Pages
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: 3FFarms
10 Pages

I'll raise you 2 pages.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:42 PM

I can understand why they did it. They cleared the whole line so they have about a 300 yard shooting lane between their clear cut and my bean/corn field, with a sparse tree row between them.It is actually a killer set up except for the mooching off me thing.Don't know how I am harrassing them, they have the right to do what they want on their land I have the same right on mine.The only saving grace is that line is my main north/south route from the house to pretty much anywhere so it is heavily trafficked and they are not out there much during the day.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:43 PM

This won't end well.
Posted By: Grant_UAB

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:43 PM

I would just hunt it and kill the deer on their way to your feeder.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:51 PM

On a happier note I have been seeing little deer activity in the north end of my place for a couple of years, I think mainly due to a lack of bedding cover. Before the last rain my timber guy was able to get on my very wet place and finish up about a 10 acre clear cut that should solve that problem in a few years and make a great spot to hunt on northerly winds.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Grant_UAB

Just a taddddddd bit illegal if you know the feeder is there.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:56 PM

Quote:

Which would constitute "hunting with the aid of bait," if the deer were going to that spot only because the feeder is there.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:57 PM

AAAnnnddd that would be ILLEGAL. slap

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: outdoorobsession

AAAnnnddd that would be ILLEGAL. slap

I'll work all those specifics out later.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 01:59 PM

I find it hard to believe you can't hunt an area because of something your neighbor does.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:04 PM

I find it hard to believe you can't hunt an area because of something your neighbor does.

If it's across the line and you can't see it, you can't be expected to know it's there. If it's in plain sight, that's another story.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

If it's across the line and you can't see it, you can't be expected to know it's there. If it's in plain sight, that's another story.

I see where you're going, but can't the other property owner call Green Jeans and let them know about the feeder showing up behind his new stand?

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:10 PM

I see where you're going, but can't the other property owner call Green Jeans and let them know about the feeder showing up behind his new stand?

What would be illegal about that? I mean it COULD be seen as hunter harassment, but that's quite a stretch. I would love Mbrock or Nighthunter to weigh in.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:12 PM

BradB i think you handled this situation perfectly. Theres no doubt why they stood up a shooting house right there. If he could only see his property out of it he would have an argument but obviously he can see 360° out if it. However dont be surprised if your feeder gets blasted or turned over.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:12 PM

What would be illegal about that? I mean it COULD be seen as hunter harassment, but that's quite a stretch. I would love Mbrock or Nighthunter to weigh in.

I would assume it would be illegal because you basically render his new shooting house useless which in turn could be seen as hunter harassment. Maybe a stretch, but a reasonable GW would most likely see the pissing contest thats going on here.

I would also like to hear from someone with some experience with this type of thing.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SuperSpike
BradB i think you handled this situation perfectly. Theres no doubt why they stood up a shooting house right there. If he could only see his property out of it he would have an argument but obviously he can see 360° out if it. However dont be surprised if your feeder gets blasted or turned over.

Definitely hide a camera looking at it.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:21 PM

actually after re reading it AND looking at the photo and seeing no corn from past use, it does appear the OP set up the feeder AFTER finding the shooting house.

That actually may be a problem for the OP.

I dont know if that was a good idea for a variety of reasons.

First of all it could be considered harrassing the other owner as he can put that house anywhere on his land he chooses. The fact that he chose to put a feeder right there was HIS choice and I dont think it should make the shooting house unusable for the neighbor.

secondly, why would I WANT TO FEED deer right where my neighbors line is, AND in front of his shooting house?

Thats just causing problems.

Also, Any supplemental feeding we have done has always been in the CENTER of a property to hold the deer, and far away from any actual stands.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:22 PM

Camera is a definite. If the feeder turns out to be a no go there is always option two. I just put the e-fence I used on the bean field back up along that boundary. Definitely no restrictions on what I can and cannot fence.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:22 PM

I would assume it would be illegal because you basically render his new shooting house useless which in turn could be seen as hunter harassment. Maybe a stretch, but a reasonable GW would most likely see the pissing contest thats going on here.

It should be rendered useless. If he couldnt see 360° out of it then he would have an argument but obviously he can see on to the OP's property and would hunt it or hed have the back of the shooting house boarded up. If it were me id agree to take the feeder down if he boarded up the back so he couldnt see my land or move the house all together.
Posted By: headshot

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:25 PM

I agree 100%.

the guy said, they have a right to hunt every inch of their property. leave them alone!! he had just said that he hadn't seen deer on that side.
you can look at the ground and tell that's not an " established" feeding site.
Nothing worse that a douche bag neighbor.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:26 PM

actually after re reading it AND looking at the photo and seeing no corn from past use, it does appear the OP set up the feeder AFTER finding the shooting house.

First of all it could be considered harrassing the other owner as he can put that house anywhere on his land he chooses. The fact that he chose to put a feeder right there was HIS choice and I dont think it should make the shooting house unusable for the neighbor.

secondly, why would I WANT TO FEED deer right where my neighbors line is, AND in front of his shooting house?

Also, Any supplemental feeding we have done has always been in the CENTER of a property to hold the deer, and far away from any actual stands.

We feed in towards the center of our property as well.
I understand the OP's frustration and think the feeder is a pretty funny F U to the other landowner. However, he may end up being asked to move it. No harm no foul I suppose, unless the neighbor takes it personally and starts a whole chit storm over it.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:32 PM

The feeder got put there today. The point is to encourage them to hunt their place not mine. They could have spent about $400 of the $200,000 or so they put in their pocket on the cut to hire a dozer to clear a lane in the middle of their place and planted it.They would have had a much better spot than here but are too sorry to put forth the money and effort when they can just let me do it.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: SuperSpike

Definitely hide a camera looking at it.

I would assume he put the shooting house there as his neighbor has 8 acres of beans and corn just across his property line. and deer are using it to feed there.

Deer are going to be coming and going to that 8 acre area,..and will easily cross that little wood row and property line and be standing in that clear cut, or walking along the fence line to go in and out of that bean and corn field.

heck, the other land owner has probably seen them there.

So he adjusts to his sightings to harvest one of them legally by setting up a shooting house 30-50 yards from the line, intending to shoot those deer on his side of the fence. Totally legal and some would say pretty smart.

Now Brad sets up this feeder solely to prevent the other land owner from hunting his shooting house.

Heck , he even states that in his post. He is TRYING to render the shooting house as un hunt able.

That clearly shows that it was done to prevent the other land owner from enjoying his own land.

Personally, I would never plant a food plot or an 8 acre bean and corn plot along ANY of my property lines. Deep inside, yes. On the line..no.

Id also never put a feeder up on my neighbors line or even near it,...as they would definitely be seeing and possibly shooting those deer.

Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:35 PM

looks like a good place to plant some of that tall growing bamboo.
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:38 PM

Brad you are 100 percent wrong. You couldnt be more wrong. Where else would a person put a shooting house except down a line. Everybody owns the game. Why dont you be the better man?
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:39 PM

The O.P. Is in the clear by feeding on HIS property as long as he stays at least 100 yards away and out of sight of the feeder.

I know of no law prohibiting someone from texercising their peace and enjoyment of their property by feeding wildlife.

The adjoining property owner/lessee's/ lessor's rights aren't superior to the OP's rights.

No harrassment here.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:40 PM

Quote:
I would assume it would be illegal because you basically render his new shooting house useless which in turn could be seen as hunter harassment. Maybe a stretch

Yes, it's a stretch to claim harassment.

Posted By: Tracker

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:43 PM

why do you need a feeder when you have 8 acre corn & bean field?

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:43 PM

'supplement'
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:53 PM

If I was the neighbor I would have built a tower stand like the one below about 200 yards out in the clear cut grin

Originally Posted By: crocker
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 02:57 PM

And people complain about drama in hunting clubs.
Posted By: centralala

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 03:02 PM

I don't know about hunter harassment as it sounds some of you are a lot more educated on that to me. I've never read the law. But simple harassment is very simple...as its name. If you say that you felt threatened, just sign a warrant and the person will be arrested. I know of a GW had someone arrested for given him the middle finger. It doesnt even have to be against the law. Just sign a warrant, they will be arrested, have to bond out($$), hire an attorney, and the judge will determine if its against the law. If it isn't, well they still spent that money and will have an arrest record for life.
Posted By: arKic

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 03:23 PM

even if there is no corn in the feeder... I know where I'm parking my truck every time I'm hunting...
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 03:27 PM

technically he wouldnt be hunting over bait since he isnt allowed to hunt the land the feeder is on.right?

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: goodman_hunter
technically he wouldnt be hunting over bait since he isnt allowed to hunt the land the feeder is on.right?

You don't have to be hunting over bait anymore. The GW can just say that the bait "influenced" the deer and give you a ticket.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 03:36 PM

popcorn

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: CNC
popcorn

You think??? rofl

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 03:39 PM

Quote:
The GW can just say that the bait "influenced" the deer and give you a ticket.

Yep.
Posted By: rulebreaker

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 03:52 PM

Why would you finance and plant 8 acres practically on the boundary line???? I don't think you have any grounds for complaining. What goes around comes around.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 04:07 PM

Masterrack has a 20 acre greenfield planted to the barbwire adjacent to us. We have 25 year old select cut pines planted on our side. I could shoot every deer prior to Masterrack along that fence line. I feel sorry for the guy paying $2000 sitting in the shooting house so I back off and shoot them in other pinches and funnels. The deer are predictable as they travel continually to the huge greenfield / corn fields that are planted by my neighbor..
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 04:10 PM

I'm just curious as to why you aren't hunting the 8-acre bean/cornfield planted on the edge of your property?
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 04:22 PM

Man, sure am glad I'm in a hunting club and don't have to deal with the drama of owning my own land. rolleyes
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 04:25 PM

I have a L field on my property line. I have a shooting house on the line also watching down the line. But the back of the house is solid osb not wide open where I can shoot on the neighbors property. Like someone else said if he wasn't planning on watching across the line why make it wide open and accessible to see/shoot into bradb's corn field?
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
I have a L field on my property line. I have a shooting house on the line also watching down the line. But the back of the house is solid osb not wide open where I can shoot on the neighbors property. Like someone else said if he wasn't planning on watching across the line why make it wide open and accessible to see/shoot into bradb's corn field?

I agree with you and for that to be done speaks that they've been hunting it already. I'd say Brad is a smart fellow. I never set up on the property line but rather hunt from the center out and wouldn't plant anything near a property line.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: deadeye48

Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck

I agree with you and for that to be done speaks that they've been hunting it already. I'd say Brad is a smart fellow.

this^^^^
Posted By: G/H

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 05:09 PM

My neighbor planted a greenfield on the line with a shooting house parallel to the line. I hung white bags on my side of the fence.
Posted By: Wj1978

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 05:22 PM

Just my 2 cents. Have you talked to your neighbors. Have you ask him to please board up the side that looks over your property. Maybe he set up the house on the south side of the clear cut to hunt to north wind. Maybe it’s easy access in and out. Maybe all he has to hunt on his property is the clear cut. Maybe he isn’t looking on your property. Nobody knows. The one thing we do know from the picture is that the only chitty thing done for sure is you putting a feeder right by his legal shooting house with no doubt intent to make his stand illegal. No matter his intentions you sir are an ass.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: AU338MAG
Man, sure am glad I'm in a hunting club and don't have to deal with the drama of owning my own land. rolleyes
TDF!!!

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: AU338MAG
rofl

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 05:44 PM

Posted By: btfl

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 05:56 PM

I see nothing wrong with what the adjacent landowner did. He clearcut the property. He wants to kill deer working his clearcut. It's not really Brad's business what the guy cuts, doesn't cut, cleans up, or does with his money. Quit being a wiener and go hunting. Gosh.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 06:07 PM

I'll bet 75 plus percent of the ones who say brad shouldn't be pissed and and is a ass. Have never had to deal with neighbors poaching or doing something you didn't like on their property hunting or otherwise have yall?
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 06:07 PM

Next year he will have all the deer in that young cutover

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 06:10 PM

If I was Brad's neighbor I'd fertelize the plot this weekend after I filled that feeder with pcp rack and corn.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 06:36 PM

Dayum. The things people do over a stinkin’ ass deer.
slap loco

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 08:41 PM

I don't see a thing wrong with what either land owner did. Am I the only one?

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270

Yep, so far you are...... grin

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 08:44 PM

I just can't get past the fact that each guy owns his land, and can do as he pleases. Common courtesy is a different story, but legally I don't think there's anything.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 08:48 PM

I just can't get past the fact that each guy owns his land, and can do as he pleases. Common courtesy is a different story, but legally I don't think there's anything.

I just think I have enough problems of my own to think about someone else's.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 09:05 PM

3 years from now Brad will be hunting the line between the bedding area in the grown up cut over and the bean field. The cut over land owner will be bitching about Brad shooting all "his" deer.
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 10:30 PM

Brad is the one who put a food plot right on the line trying to attract deer from his neighbor's property. That road along the line and the clear cut is the main thing your neighbor is hunting and he will be for a long time. The road/clearcut next to your plot is the best spot on his place, so of course he is going to hunt it. Put some cameras on your field and if you ever catch him poaching your field then you can easily solve that problem. Until then, be a good neighbor and hunt.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 10:31 PM

Just my two cents the other guy is kinda smart for putting the shooting house up there so hes not shooting back to your property. I had to put one on my line like that because I found out my neighbors had a ground blind set up shooting straight to my shooting house which was on the ground. So instead of both of us taking a chance on shooting each other I put my shooting house 20 ft in the air right on the line facing back to my food plot. If it were me I'd play it smart and not piss your neighbors off and use his clear cut to your advantage
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/15/17 10:49 PM

I don’t care about the drama either way.

I do think you could blow that shooting house over with a leaf blower. Fella will probably have to upgrade from his $27 shooting house after the next cold front rolls thru.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/16/17 09:51 PM

What if the neighbor sets up one of those propane bird cannons to retaliate
Posted By: March15

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/16/17 10:08 PM

I have awesome neighbors. They offer to help plant my plots. We help each other if one of us kills something. We exchange pics. We know what deer we will pass or shoot. Sorry for those of you who don’t have good neighbors. Good neighbors make decent property great.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/16/17 10:23 PM

Remove the feeder and put cameras up around the stand. If you document your neighbor shooting a deer on your side with pics, I believe you can get your neighbor in all kinds of trouble for sure. Just my opinion.
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/17/17 12:03 AM

if the buck of a lifetime walked up behind his stand, but on your place, do you think he would pull the trigger? Do you know this guy? Have you talked to him about it at all?
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/17/17 01:25 AM

It's on the op for planting so close to the line. Unless the neighbor shoots a deer on op's property he isn't doing anything wrong. Op also has the right to put up a feeder on his property, but if he calls the game warden about it that would be a bitch move IMO.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/17/17 07:04 AM

Plant a bean and corn field on the line, watch your neighbors build a shooting house on the line.

I play this game a bit, too. I've got a small field planted on a power line ROW that sits right on the corner of 3 properties. I am legally hunting my land, but I am right up against it. It's the only flat spot on the entire ROW for a plot, so it is what it is. I only face my property and will not shoot over the line.

I fully understand that if one of my neighbors decided they wanted to hunt their properties one day (they currently do not hunt), that they could legally set up a ladder stand, shooting house, etc right across the line and technically wait for the deer that are trying to enter/exit my field. If this situation occurs I will not take the effort, time, and money to plant a plot there anymore and find somewhere else to go. Simple as that.

You should have planted your field with the same understanding. And it seems like you knew your neighbors were active hunters, too. I would never plant a plot close to a line where I knew active hunting was occurring. That's on you.
Posted By: Scout308

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/17/17 11:07 AM

Until you have proof the neighbor is hunting your property, you have no case! It's his property and he can do as he pleases. You are wrong to put up a feeder where you did!
Posted By: CD

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/17/17 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: dBmV
3 years from now Brad will be hunting the line between the bedding area in the grown up cut over and the bean field. The cut over land owner will be bitching about Brad shooting all "his" deer.

This^^^^^^^^^^.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/17/17 09:48 PM

Ha, either way these 2 guys lose. If someone put a feeder out to prevent me from hunting my land, I'd Definitly be calling da'man to come fix things. OP be lucky if they don't just corn his club to death and call it in.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/17/17 10:26 PM

Can’t have nothing nowadays.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
Can’t have nothing nowadays.

rofl
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Scout308
Until you have proof the neighbor is hunting your property, you have no case! It's his property and he can do as he pleases. You are wrong to put up a feeder where you did!

That's the way I see it. There's only one neighbor trying to prevent the other from legally hunting his own land.

If I owned the side with the shooting house,I would move and put a trailer park in just as close to the line as I could get it.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 11:16 AM

They already have a trailer park to some extent but at least they are up on the road. If that bean field could be anywhere else on the property it would be but there are only about 30 acres of good row crop land on the place and unfortunately thats where its at. The main n/s road I have to travel to get pretty much anywhere and the road my wife and I take walks on run parallel and along the line which is what he is hunting. Thats a little concerning to me, also. Anyway the feeder actually did not have any corn in it so he is in no immediate peril. The thread has been eye opening. Its amazing there are so many line sitting losers in a place where everyone is always crowing about their high character and moral integrity.Good neighbors are invaluable. My south neighbor and I co-operate in every way to the benefit both us.But that is because we both follow the golden rule. Good neighbors don't hunt the line.
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 11:29 AM

I'm sure he pays property taxes all the way to the line, so he has every right to hunt, harvest timber, or whatever else is legal all the way to the line. Why not just put a high fence along that border to keep deer from crossing there? You would be in your right to do so and problem solved. It would keep "his" deer off your property.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: BradB
They already have a trailer park to some extent but at least they are up on the road. If that bean field could be anywhere else on the property it would be but there are only about 30 acres of good row crop land on the place and unfortunately thats where its at. The main n/s road I have to travel to get pretty much anywhere and the road my wife and I take walks on run parallel and along the line which is what he is hunting. Thats a little concerning to me, also. Anyway the feeder actually did not have any corn in it so he is in no immediate peril. The thread has been eye opening. Its amazing there are so many line sitting losers in a place where everyone is always crowing about their high character and moral integrity.Good neighbors are invaluable. My south neighbor and I co-operate in every way to the benefit both us.But that is because we both follow the golden rule. Good neighbors don't hunt the line.
Keep yer butt down in Florida, loser. Pure out of state hunting mentality right here.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 11:36 AM

Sounds like the op needs to just mind his own business, and worry about his own chit. My wife bitches about this kind of stuff

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 11:38 AM

Says the guy who puts a feeder directly behind someones completely legal shooting house..

Isn't your bean field on the line? Do you hunt it?
Posted By: Frog_Man

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 12:14 PM

Just because you put a feeder on your side, does not restrict the use of the land on the other side of the line. Unless the neighbor shoots across the line there is no violation of law or regulation. Setting someone up and calling the GW is not neighborly either. GWs see this all of the time and most do not fall into the trap you are setting. Be a guy and go talk to your neighbor, if they do not move the stand you did what you could do. It's just a deer, relax and enjoy life. It even happens to GWs, you're not the Lone Ranger. Oh yeah if you ever plan on setting someone up, do not post your intent on social media. Not a wise thing to do.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Frog_Man
Just because you put a feeder on your side, does not restrict the use of the land on the other side of the line. Unless the neighbor shoots across the line there is no violation of law or regulation. Setting someone up and calling the GW is not neighborly either. GWs see this all of the time and most do not fall into the trap you are setting. Be a guy and go talk to your neighbor, if they do not move the stand you did what you could do. It's just a deer, relax and enjoy life. It even happens to GWs, you're not the Lone Ranger. Oh yeah if you ever plan on setting someone up, do not post your intent on social media. Not a wise thing to do.

Strong second post, but with 4 years experience I would expect nothing less.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 12:19 PM

I've seen private land owners bordering public land hang up mesh screen or plywood boards blocking views of their land from public view. Seen it on gas/poweline breaks blocking the view from roads also.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 12:35 PM

I'm betting that 75% of the posters on this thread that are bashing Brad are not landowners and probably never will be. They do not understand the cost associated with owning and maintaining a decent sized tract of land especially if you are taking the time and effort to intensively manage it for wildlife and grow good deer.

The bashers are the types that would love to have someone like Brad next to them so that they could take advantage of his hard work and 'free load" off of his intensive management efforts while they do nothing but show up and hunt the property lines without doing anything at all $$$ wise to improve their own land and hunting opportunities. I understand exactly where Brad is coming from.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 12:42 PM

wink popcorn I like watching more than posting, because you can't lead a horse to water and make him drink.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 12:46 PM

loco thumbup

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: abolt300
I'm betting that 75% of the posters on this thread that are bashing Brad are not landowners and probably never will be. They do not understand the cost associated with owning and maintaining a decent sized tract of land especially if you are taking the time and effort to intensively manage it for wildlife and grow good deer.

The bashers are the types that would love to have someone like Brad next to them so that they could take advantage of his hard work and 'free load" off of his intensive management efforts while they do nothing but show up and hunt the property lines without doing anything at all $$$ wise to improve their own land and hunting opportunities. I understand exactly where Brad is coming from.

Yea,I get the frustration,but it comes from thinking that you have some kind of ownership or greater right to the deer because of what you invested to get them to your property. As long as the guy is hunting on his property and isn't otherwise breaking any laws,it's poor sportsmanship to try to prevent him from enjoying his property and hunting and managing,or not managing it any way he wants.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 12:59 PM

I dont disagree that the other guy can do whatever he wants with his property. That is certainly within his rights. At the same time, if he's a brown it's down hunter and Brad is trying to grow big deer on his property, then Brad can't be faulted for doing what he wants to do to protect those deer he's growing.

Sounds like he has good neighbors on the other sides of his property with common management goals and this guy is the outlier. This guy can hunt like he wants but Brad can also run a 7' high game fence right down that line and a couple hundred yards past where the other guy's property line stops on either end and effectively move those deer off of him. If I remember correctly, the other guy has 200 acres. He could just as easily take a dozier and push him some shooting lanes a couple hundred yards out in his property and Brad probably wouldnt have an issue with it. He doesnt like the guy setting up his shooting house where he can shoot across the line (back of that house has an open shooting window facing Brad's property) when Brad is not there and I dont blame him for not liking it.
Posted By: BamaBuff

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 01:28 PM

Maybe it's just an observation stand and not a kill stand? Need Whild Bill to chime in. laugh
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Frog_Man
because you can't lead a horse to water and make him drink.

no, but you can drown the sumbich

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 02:01 PM

[quote= He doesnt like the guy setting up his shooting house where he can shoot across the line (back of that house has an open shooting window facing Brad's property) when Brad is not there and I dont blame him for not liking it. [/quote]
That's the point I made earlier.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 02:55 PM

If a neighbor is a brown its down then its ok for Brad to do whatever he wants????

Thats crap guy! The animals belong to the people ( you and me ) and it is ethically and morally wrong to interfere with anybody elses hunt if they are hunting legally.

Everybody should have the right to do whatever they want up to the point, but, before they take away from another persons rights..

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 02:56 PM

I dont disagree that the other guy can do whatever he wants with his property. That is certainly within his rights. At the same time, if he's a brown it's down hunter and Brad is trying to grow big deer on his property, then Brad can't be faulted for doing what he wants to do to protect those deer he's growing.

Sounds like he has good neighbors on the other sides of his property with common management goals and this guy is the outlier. This guy can hunt like he wants but Brad can also run a 7' high game fence right down that line and a couple hundred yards past where the other guy's property line stops on either end and effectively move those deer off of him. If I remember correctly, the other guy has 200 acres. He could just as easily take a dozier and push him some shooting lanes a couple hundred yards out in his property and Brad probably wouldnt have an issue with it. He doesnt like the guy setting up his shooting house where he can shoot across the line (back of that house has an open shooting window facing Brad's property) when Brad is not there and I dont blame him for not liking it.

That's still the same mentality that he owns the deer that he is growing. It doesn't matter at all what size deer the neighbor wants to shoot as long as they are legal deer.

I'll say it again. There is no proof here that anyone is doing anything illegal,but only one hunter is trying to prevent another hunter from legally hunting on his own property. That's what it boils down to no matter what justification is made for it.

Now,what would be great is if both guys could sit down and discuss with each other why they feel like they do and why they are doing what they are doing without getting angry with each other.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: jallencrockett
If a neighbor is a brown its down then its ok for Brad to do whatever he wants????

Thats crap guy! The animals belong to the people ( you and me ) and it is ethically and morally wrong to interfere with anybody elses hunt if they are hunting legally.

Everybody should have the right to do whatever they want up to the point, but, before they take away from another persons rights..

You're arguing against yourself. Ethics and morals are in the eye of the beholder. I think it is unethical to shoot stupid, easy to kill, immature, young bucks before the reach maturity. There's no challenge to killing a first or second year buck other than being able to pull the trigger and shoot straight. That's my personal opinion. I don't fault or look down on anyone for what they want to shoot or not shoot. That's a personal decision for each of us to make on our own.

Everybody should have the right to do what they want to do with their property. The neighbor is interfering with Brad's right to try to grow the best deer he can. Brad wants to grow deer, the other guy wants to shoot whatever he wants. Other guy has the absolute right to hunt right on the line if he wants to. Brad in turn has the right to do everything that he wants to do on his side of the line to protect the deer he's growing so that they can reach older age classes. Both have rights and both can do whatever they want as long as it is legal and on their own property. Brad can fence the other guy out if he wants to. It's perfectly legal. You're essentially saying that the other guy's right to kill anything he wants trumps Brads right to try to grow older deer on his property. The other guy has no right to deer on Brads property just like Brad doesnt have a right to the deer on the other guy's property. That guy can kill the hell out of every deer he sees on his property if he wants to, and Brad can let them all walk on his property. If the other guy is smart, he'll move off the line and everyone will be happy. If he doesnt, then he has to deal with the consequences of his decision to put the house there which might mean a nice tall fence between him and where the deer are coming and going to to feed.
Brad is not fencing in the state's deer. They are free to move as they please, he would just be limiting where they can and cannot cross over onto the other property. That's Brad's right just like it is the other guy's right to shoot what he wants. If he wants to kill a bunch of deer, maybe he should spend some time and money improving his habitat so that he holds them on his property, like Brad has done. The other guy has 200 acres of cutover to hunt. There is a reason as to why he set that shooting house up on the line between his property and Brad's 8 acre food plot that doesnt get hunted. I can promise you it's not because it's the only place on his 200 acres he can hunt. He's trying to take advantage of Brad's management activities and the deer he's growing. He can do that and Brad can combat it. Both are legal in doing so.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 03:54 PM

popcorn

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 04:05 PM

Abolt you wrote that treatise and its just wrong. Brad's action was to intentionally take away from his neighbors legal right to hunt via feeder. Wrong is wrong no matter how many replies. Ethics/morals are not subjective. Im tagging out on this one. Hope the men resolve it best for both.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 04:13 PM

I, in turn, completely feel that your position on the matter is wrong. We can agree to disagree on this one. You've got your opinion and I've got mine. I think it is unethical for someone to set up on a property line, as close as legally possible, with the sole intent to take advantage of someone else's hard work and efforts. I'm out too.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 04:24 PM

yea he should of put the stand on his land where the deer aren't
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 04:52 PM

It seems like talking with the neighbor would be the thing to do and then make a decision on how to proceed from there.

Side note: if he's as good at hunting as he is building shooting houses there's probably not gonna be much threat to "your" deer.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 05:40 PM

If this were a good duck hole in Arkansas there would have been a fire before the mud dried on the guy's post hole diggers.

Not kidding.
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 05:56 PM

Having bad neighbors is the worst. Constant drama. Its been like that in every club ive been in.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 06:29 PM

Abolt 300 do you know either of these guys? Seriously you have lept to some pretty incredible conclusions.

And who plants an 8 acre plot with no intentions of ever hunting it???
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Whild_Bill
Having bad neighbors is the worst. Constant drama. Its been like that in every club ive been in.

No Shite? I can't imagine why
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 09:03 PM

This^^^

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 09:54 PM

and around 'n around we go... rolleyes

Only one thing I know for sure - Deer have never seen a county plat map.
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 10:10 PM

At least he has 200 acres. All my line hunting neighbors have 1 acre and a corn pile
Posted By: James

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 10:18 PM

Posted By: whack-n-stack

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 10:19 PM

I’m pullin for Brad.
Posted By: lckrn

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/18/17 10:56 PM

Couple 4x4’s as tall as the box stand then add a sheet of plywood at their eye level with a few no hunting signs nailed to it.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 12:07 AM

Good grief. What a bunch of spoiled kids here. Leave a polite note on the ladder in a zip-lock bag asking him to give you a call. When he calls, try talking to him with at least a little respect, man to man, not jackass to jackass. A 12 dollar sheet of OSB solves the problem, or you can make life unpleasant for the both of you. Your call.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 01:03 AM

in this story you have two a$$$ one dumb a$$ and one smart a$$ . now figure out who's who ?????? rofl
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Frankie
in this story you have two a$$$ one dumb a$$ and one smart a$$ . now figure out who's who ?????? rofl

Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 05:35 AM

A few rows of trees planted on ‘Brad’s’ side of the line would be solve this so-called problem, wouldn’t it?
Looks like his field is cleared right up to the line allowing him to ‘hunt’ right up to the line. Heck, he can literally see the deer as it crosses the property line from his neighbor’s land. He is perfectly legal to shoot it, too! So, he is Line Hunting just as much as the other guy. They are both perfectly legal and well within their Rights to hunt just as they are doing now. If there is a problem, then the only thing they can control is their own actions......not that of their neighbors.

And, you are not going to have any Luck getting any of the GW’s that I know to take that Bait. You will most likely get a lecture about placing a feeder on the line and/or clearing and planting property lines. They are not naive. Nor do they have the time to act as Counselors to whiny people hunting lines complaining about their neighbors doing the same.
Posted By: demp17

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: 3FFarms
10 Pages

wise beyond your years Brandon!
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 09:28 AM

I thought this was going to be a thread about a fish pond.
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: jallencrockett

You're arguing against yourself. Ethics and morals are in the eye of the beholder. I think it is unethical to shoot stupid, easy to kill, immature, young bucks before the reach maturity. There's no challenge to killing a first or second year buck other than being able to pull the trigger and shoot straight. That's my personal opinion. I don't fault or look down on anyone for what they want to shoot or not shoot. That's a personal decision for each of us to make on our own.

Everybody should have the right to do what they want to do with their property. The neighbor is interfering with Brad's right to try to grow the best deer he can. Brad wants to grow deer, the other guy wants to shoot whatever he wants. Other guy has the absolute right to hunt right on the line if he wants to. Brad in turn has the right to do everything that he wants to do on his side of the line to protect the deer he's growing so that they can reach older age classes. Both have rights and both can do whatever they want as long as it is legal and on their own property. Brad can fence the other guy out if he wants to. It's perfectly legal. You're essentially saying that the other guy's right to kill anything he wants trumps Brads right to try to grow older deer on his property. The other guy has no right to deer on Brads property just like Brad doesnt have a right to the deer on the other guy's property. That guy can kill the hell out of every deer he sees on his property if he wants to, and Brad can let them all walk on his property. If the other guy is smart, he'll move off the line and everyone will be happy. If he doesnt, then he has to deal with the consequences of his decision to put the house there which might mean a nice tall fence between him and where the deer are coming and going to to feed.
Brad is not fencing in the state's deer. They are free to move as they please, he would just be limiting where they can and cannot cross over onto the other property. That's Brad's right just like it is the other guy's right to shoot what he wants. If he wants to kill a bunch of deer, maybe he should spend some time and money improving his habitat so that he holds them on his property, like Brad has done. The other guy has 200 acres of cutover to hunt. There is a reason as to why he set that shooting house up on the line between his property and Brad's 8 acre food plot that doesnt get hunted. I can promise you it's not because it's the only place on his 200 acres he can hunt. He's trying to take advantage of Brad's management activities and the deer he's growing. He can do that and Brad can combat it. Both are legal in doing so.
man you made some jumps there that I haven't seen the Duke boys make.....that or you have espn

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
me too and I bust up in here and find an estrogen war
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: hunterbuck

I see what you did there!
Posted By: kntree

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 08:35 PM

Agree, it's too obvious. Nobody puts a cornfeeder practically on top of the ground, and there's no wear underneath of the feeder. Raccoons and squirrels will sit right there and spin all the corn out by hand (which they can climb and do anyways with a bit of effort). This was set up for a picture. There's nothing there to set off a trail cam anyways.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 08:40 PM

Agree, it's too obvious. Nobody puts a cornfeeder practically on top of the ground, and there's no wear underneath of the feeder. Raccoons and squirrels will sit right there and spin all the corn out by hand (which they can climb and do anyways with a bit of effort). This was set up for a picture. There's nothing there to set off a trail cam anyways

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: dBmV

wisdom
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 08:49 PM

And we've found our "neighbor."

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: kntree

Agree, it's too obvious. Nobody puts a cornfeeder practically on top of the ground, and there's no wear underneath of the feeder. Raccoons and squirrels will sit right there and spin all the corn out by hand (which they can climb and do anyways with a bit of effort). This was set up for a picture. There's nothing there to set off a trail cam anyways
you can say that again
Posted By: t123winters

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/19/17 09:33 PM

I put corn all over a bean field one time when the neighbor put a ladder stand on the line,and I called the game warden,and told him about it.In my defense,we caught him shooting deer off the field,while BrentM was hunting on the field from a ground blind.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/24/17 03:53 PM

West neighbors clear cut their entire 220 acres bordering me to the west. Have not sprayed, burned or re-planted and probably will not,its a nasty mess.They don't plant squat for plots winter or summer.Buddy was checking cameras today and lo and behold what has appeared on the line, right next to my 8 acres of corn and beans.Of course I support their right to hunt every inch of their property as they wish. Glad I have the same rights.Since we do not hunt lines or this field I figured it was a great place to set up a supplemental feeding station.

Hmmmmmmm same location as 2011? http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=19886&Number=206324#Post206324
Posted By: StoneMan

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/24/17 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BowtechDan

Hmmmmmmm same location as 2011? http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=19886&Number=206324#Post206324

Oh snap beers

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/24/17 04:50 PM

popcorn

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/24/17 07:01 PM

Brad I have a good many friends that have "old land". They would scoff at your 320 acres and to be honest would just bougth yall out. Is there any chance that yall descended from that Irish Guy from OPEN RANGE?

ABOLT, DOES the above referenced link make you have a different view of Brad-gate.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/24/17 09:34 PM

Bump
Posted By: burbank

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/24/17 09:43 PM

I remember that post. Looks like Brad B is still a class a douche.
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/24/17 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: burbank
I remember that post. Looks like Brad B is still a class a douche.

I 2nd that!

I'm glad I'm not Brad B's neighbor.

Gosh, what some folks do to get worked up over a stupid deer.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/24/17 11:38 PM

I really wish he would high fence surround his whole damn neighbor. How dare that man own 4 acres. I bet it would make precedent and high fences would be seriously reevaluated nationwide.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 12:04 AM

I'm guessing that Brad's neighbors think he is a turd.
Posted By: MC21

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 12:25 AM

Brad B. You might be one of the biggest Azz hats on Aldeer. its people like you that are going to ruin hunting for everyone else. Its honestly sad that there are sorry azz people like you that get jealous over a dam deer. I hope your neighbors shoot every 3 1/2 year old and older buck you have on camera plus a couple of spikes. I also hope they book your sorry low down self for hunter harassment. I think you may have some serious issues if you get that worked up over a dam deer. I also think you may need to re evaluate why you're hunting and what hunting is all about and why you're doing that Ill keep hunting my stands that are on the property line. In fact I think Im going to hunt my property lines for the rest of the season because of this post.

Also I hope you have a Merry Christmas.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 12:37 AM

Dang now drama. Now i gotta read 6 pages to put my nose in this business

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 12:53 AM

Ok i read it all. Brad take the feeder down and buddy up to your neighbor. .his land will hold all the deer next year. They will have bedding and fresh browse. If u pressure your land, all the deer will let u keep your land for yourself cause they will have everything they need on your neighbors property. Id dig a pond so they have water and share both properties. If your neighbor has water then your screwed. Better make friends im thinkin

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 12:58 AM

And 400 bucks for a dozer. I dont think so. Im a dozer operator by trade. We wont hook a low boy up for 400 bucks and do a drive by. More like 1500 and up for one day. But we are too expensive
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Jakethesnake
And 400 bucks for a dozer. I dont think so. Im a dozer operator by trade. We wont hook a low boy up for 400 bucks and do a drive by. More like 1500 and up for one day. But we are too expensive

That way you don't have to deal with assholes like Bradb.
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: BowtechDan

Wooooow! slap
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 02:18 AM

Y’all answer me this. How can a feeder on a neighbors property have anything to do with your property? Wether It can be seen or not, if it’s my land, I can’t fathom a neighbor being able to stop me from hunting my land.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Cuz-Pat

I'm glad I'm not Brad B's neighbor.

Why? You can't pay for the kind of entertainment that you could get from him. I'd start by going to the processor and get about 4 piles of guts and place them where he was sure to find them. Cigarette butts in tree stands. Empty condom wrappers and beer cans in shooting houses. Its endless what can be done just to get under his skin.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 03:01 AM

I had no idea this guy had 2 threads goin about 2 neighbors. Johntravis who???
Posted By: MTeague

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 10:02 AM

Who gives a f**k what Bad Brad likes or dislikes. The neighboring tract is not owned by him so he gets zero say in what is done on it.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 12:36 PM

Jake you are definitely to high but if ya can get folks to pay ya those prices good for you. Just had a new 1 acre plot pushed out this summer. Took him about 3 hours and cost a whopping $370. Good thing you do not work in this area you would prolly not be working much. After reading all these pages I am confused. According to Aldeer it’s my neighbors sovereign right to do anything he would like on his property and if it has a negative effect on my use or enjoyment of my property tough luck for me. And yet according to the all knowing Aldeer if I respond in kind I am the whiny bitch pos keeping the poor neighbor down. There is some real inconsistency to these posts. It’s a two way street. If the Aldeer consensus is that he can ethically do anything he wants on his property then there should be no different standard for me. I get the feeling analytical skills are not a strong point on here. The good news is after doing some scouting the last few days they actually put the stand in a pretty piss poor location. And there never was any corn in that feeder it was all visual effects for the Aldeer peanut gallery lol

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 01:01 PM

No you are trying to prevent your neighbors from enjoying there property because you're a selfish Azz hat. Putting a stand on the property line or planting a corn field in someone's backyard is not preventing you from enjoying your property. You have some serious problems and I hope one day you can find kindness in your heart and let all that hate out I think you'll live a happier life once you quit stressing out over wether or not your neighbor kills a deer or not

I hope you have a chance to reflect on that this Christmas. And also have a Merry Christmas
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 02:55 PM

Jake you are definitely to high but if ya can get folks to pay ya those prices good for you. Just had a new 1 acre plot pushed out this summer. Took him about 3 hours and cost a whopping $370. Good thing you do not work in this area you would prolly not be working much. After reading all these pages I am confused. According to Aldeer it’s my neighbors sovereign right to do anything he would like on his property and if it has a negative effect on my use or enjoyment of my property tough luck for me. And yet according to the all knowing Aldeer if I respond in kind I am the whiny bitch pos keeping the poor neighbor down. There is some real inconsistency to these posts. It’s a two way street. If the Aldeer consensus is that he can ethically do anything he wants on his property then there should be no different standard for me. I get the feeling analytical skills are not a strong point on here. The good news is after doing some scouting the last few days they actually put the stand in a pretty piss poor location. And there never was any corn in that feeder it was all visual effects for the Aldeer peanut gallery lol

So now Brad is trying to wiggle out of his little selfish temper tantrum by laughing it off like it was a big joke and insulting the intelligence of Aldeer posters. Nice.

All you really need to say is,
“Im sorry for being selfish and calling my neighbor a chitbag”

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 03:12 PM

The neighbor should tell brad to go suck one and hunt what he owns and brad get that passie out of mouth and the corn cob out of your ass and hunt what you own. Deer are not your pets nore belong to you they go where they please
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 03:56 PM

That post from 6 years ago drove the last nail in Brad's coffin on this deal. He's dead wrong in this whole thing.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 04:12 PM

We have over 800 employees and cant keep up with the work. Each employee works 50 hours a week if not raining bad. $370 sounds too good to be true. Low boy has to deliver dozer, pick up dozer when finished. Dozer requires an operator. Fuel, wear and tear and cost of equipment. You said for 3 hours too. Sounds like the man you hired lost money. Regular cheap rate is $100 an hour and thats cheap. Thats 300 bucks plus paying operator. Not to even mention a low boy to deliver and pick up dozer. He must have lived next door or just loved to lose money. We own 5 low boys and charge our own shop 250 bucks each time it pulls up to a job. So thats 500 for each piece of equipment plus an hourly rate including operator and fuel ect.. That guy is a fool if he charged you 370 bucks. A little skid steer is 260 bucks plus tax for 4 hours and thats you buyin fuel yourself and hauling it yourself. And thats the cheapest i have found. Maybe the man owned all his equipment and had nothing to do. I dont expect that man to be in business for very long at that price.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 04:26 PM

Could somebody please define hypocrite. Thank you Leroyseenbucks, this might have slipped by if not for you. What goes around comes around, sometimes 6 years later.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 05:29 PM

Yes, you are a whiny bitch pos. No inconsistencies to the postings on this thread. Your neighbor is managing his land for a timber investment, and nothing he is doing will prevent you from enjoying your land. If you would pull your head out of your azz for a minute, you would understand that your neighbor has created thick bedding areas for "your" deer.

You are the only one intentionally trying to have a negative effect on your neighbors enjoyment of their land. This is obvious from your comments on this and previous threads.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 12/25/17 07:39 PM

And there never was any corn in that feeder it was all visual effects for the Aldeer peanut gallery lol

So you went through the trouble of setting all that up just to take a staged picture to put on an internet message board to try to look cool and impress a bunch of people that you don't know? Too bad it just made you look like a dick.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 01:22 AM

Good thread
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
We have over 800 employees and cant keep up with the work. Each employee works 50 hours a week if not raining bad. $370 sounds too good to be true. Low boy has to deliver dozer, pick up dozer when finished. Dozer requires an operator. Fuel, wear and tear and cost of equipment. You said for 3 hours too. Sounds like the man you hired lost money. Regular cheap rate is $100 an hour and thats cheap. Thats 300 bucks plus paying operator. Not to even mention a low boy to deliver and pick up dozer. He must have lived next door or just loved to lose money. We own 5 low boys and charge our own shop 250 bucks each time it pulls up to a job. So thats 500 for each piece of equipment plus an hourly rate including operator and fuel ect.. That guy is a fool if he charged you 370 bucks. A little skid steer is 260 bucks plus tax for 4 hours and thats you buyin fuel yourself and hauling it yourself. And thats the cheapest i have found. Maybe the man owned all his equipment and had nothing to do. I dont expect that man to be in business for very long at that price.

What company do you own?
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 01:58 AM

I'm not reading all this but I like sitting on property lines and killing hunting clubs deersđźđźđź
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb
I'm not reading all this but I like sitting on property lines and killing hunting clubs deersđźđźđź

Turkeys too đź‰đź€
Posted By: jb20

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 02:16 AM

Lol pretty funny thread I found a shooting house this year right on our line that was put up but it's not cutout facing our field.. it bothered me at first then I thought about how often I hunt there and realized it really don't matter at least he was considerate in having the backside closed off..i just can't shoot that direction if i happen to drive to field and theys a big un there
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by BradB
[Linked Image]

Well Played
Posted By: Out back

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Honolua
[Linked Image]

Well Played

Yeah, made it perfectly legal for the neighbors to hunt over bait..
That'll show em.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 03:52 AM

[Linked Image]

Well Played

slap

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 10:09 AM

[Linked Image]

Well Played

slap
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 11:49 AM

What ever happened with this?

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 01:19 PM

Holy thread resurrection batman. What happened is I never saw them in the stand and I drove right by it a half dozen times a day during the best part of the season.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 01:25 PM

Holy thread resurrection batman. What happened is I never saw them in the stand and I drove right by it a half dozen times a day during the best part of the season.

Well glad to you are still an asshole

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Powpow65

rofl

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 01:35 PM

As are you. Hope you enjoy hunting your five acre paradise this year.Maybe one of your neighbors will plant a fall garden.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 02:07 PM

That's probably why they built it, and exactly what they expected from you.
I'm betting the neighbors got you figured out long time ago.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Powpow65

thumbup

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 05:36 PM

They built it on the main north/south travel route on my property so I am not sure how thats got me figured out. If anyone is hunting the south part of my place they will be driving within 30 feet of the guys stand 4 times a day.These fellas are not smart enough to figure out much, other than they have an opportunity to capitalize on someone elses time and money. Seems there are a lot of folks on here with that mindset. Bunch of closet Democrats I think.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 05:50 PM

You're not doing anyone any good worrying about it. Just hunt your place and you'll do fine.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 06:09 PM

Cald, snowflake, beach restaurants, arras, boycott list, ballistic tips, smaller big pen, rest notches.

Edit - Oh, and Bill by Gawd Dillard.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 06:58 PM

Knew I shoulda got in on the over/under on this one... slap
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 07:09 PM

I know someone who had a neighbor who hunted the lines, never planted anything and killed everything. Thankfully my friend has a great deal of money and installed a high fence on the property line between him and the neighbor. (not all sides just the two)

But at $4.50 a foot that is an expensive lesson to teach someone.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by sumpter_al
I know someone who had a neighbor who hunted the lines, never planted anything and killed everything. Thankfully my friend has a great deal of money and installed a high fence on the property line between him and the neighbor. (not all sides just the two)

But at $4.50 a foot that is an expensive lesson to teach someone.

Don't give the azzh... I mean, BradB any more ideas.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 08:42 PM

They built it on the main north/south travel route on my property so I am not sure how thats got me figured out. If anyone is hunting the south part of my place they will be driving within 30 feet of the guys stand 4 times a day.These fellas are not smart enough to figure out much, other than they have an opportunity to capitalize on someone elses time and money. Seems there are a lot of folks on here with that mindset. Bunch of closet Democrats I think.

Your the one who lives in Florida.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 08:44 PM

Don't have high fence kinda money, just had to buy a tractor. I have made these awesome pipe chimes out of some old tubing and got a few dozen old cd's. Hang em all down the line and it will look and sound like a disco every time the wind blows.Put one of those revolving safety lights on top of the electric buggy and park it by their stand with the lights flashing every morning and nite. Gonna learn those sum beaches.Even after a year this thread continues to be informative. Everyone now knows who the line sitting chit bags are on Aldeer. If there are any more line sitting chit bags out there please feel free to comment and identify yourselves.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 09:05 PM

You’re the only chit bag. You go out of your way to hurt the little guy hunting on his land because you think you own the deer in your area. It’s people like you that are going to ruin hunting. Just because some one doesn’t have as much time or money as you doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to enjoy their property.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 09:07 PM

Reminds me of a Chess board, so does the neighbor win when he lights the cutover on fire when the wind is blowing in your direction? Hell, thats what I would do first dry day after opening day.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 09:47 PM

The neighbor is already winning. He's got Brad dancing the disco instead of relaxing and enjoying his hunting time. Hell the neighbors ain't even hunting there. They just put up a cheap box stand to keep Brad entertained.
Posted By: jhardy

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 10:27 PM

Don't have high fence kinda money, just had to buy a tractor. I have made these awesome pipe chimes out of some old tubing and got a few dozen old cd's. Hang em all down the line and it will look and sound like a disco every time the wind blows.Put one of those revolving safety lights on top of the electric buggy and park it by their stand with the lights flashing every morning and nite. Gonna learn those sum beaches.Even after a year this thread continues to be informative. Everyone now knows who the line sitting chit bags are on Aldeer. If there are any more line sitting chit bags out there please feel free to comment and identify yourselves.

And then you have others wondering why Alabamians complain about Floridians coming here to hunt. I personally don't care where you are from, but if someone wants to hunt their land, they should be able to. Dang a pine goat makes people crazy.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by jhardy

And then you have others wondering why Alabamians complain about Floridians coming here to hunt. I personally don't care where you are from, but if someone wants to hunt their land, they should be able to..

You should be able every square inch of the property. And if the guy FROM FLORIDA is being an ass because MY stand is too close TO MY line then we'll play some night time jungle war games.
Posted By: DonH

Re: Dam Neighbors - 10/31/18 11:57 PM

not sure why but hunting can either bring out the best in someone or the absolute worst...most of the time its the worst....I have some hunters by me that shoot every thing that crosses the line, they plant plots on the line to draw em over there ,,,,then boom ….but as long as they are not shooting on my property or crossing the line then I aint got nothin to say to em….if that's how they have to fill there tags then so be it , more power to em..
Posted By: Hayzeus

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 12:03 AM

Oh hell! I completely forgot about that stand.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 12:09 AM

I almost got shot 2 years ago by some arsehole set up on my line, shooting INTO my property not knowing I was there 50 yards OFF the line, my back towards their land.

If they shoot towards your land it can cause some seriously dangerous situations...and he made a bad shot and as the deer ran towards me..he kept shooting. Rounds literally Buzzed past my dam head.

It got UGLY very quickly...There is a member or two on here that know about it and the fallout afterward. Lets just say it involved the police..but NOT from me calling them.

Not only is it unethical,..but it is unsafe. Now if they face the other way and shoot onto their property that is one thing...but most people will shoot the deer over the line for sure.

There is no reason to set up on someones line. A simple thing called respect goes along way.
A dam deer isnt worth someone getting shot.

You dont know where others are on their land..why would you even risk where you could accidentally shoot a person?
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 12:16 AM

I have made these awesome pipe chimes out of some old tubing and got a few dozen old cd's. Hang em all down the line and it will look and sound like a disco every time the wind blows.Put one of those revolving safety lights on top of the electric buggy and park it by their stand with the lights flashing every morning and nite.

Florida Fish & Game gonna have a field day with this.

379.105â€Harassment of hunters, trappers, or fishers.—
(1)â€A person may not intentionally, within a publicly or privately owned wildlife management or fish management area or on any state-owned water body:
(a)â€Interfere with or attempt to prevent the lawful taking of fish, game, or nongame animals by another.
(b)â€Attempt to disturb fish, game, or nongame animals or attempt to affect their behavior with the intent to prevent their lawful taking by another.
(2)â€Any person who violates this section commits a Level Two violation under s. 379.401.

I am a private land owner as well and there is no love lost on a linesitting poacher BUT if they're hunting their own property that's their right as a landowner or leasee. If you have evidence of them poaching call the Game Warden and handle it accordingly.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by outdoorobsession
I almost got shot 2 years ago by some arsehole set up on my line, shooting INTO my property not knowing I was there 50 yards OFF the line, my back towards their land.

If they shoot towards your land it can cause some seriously dangerous situations...and he made a bad shot and as the deer ran towards me..he kept shooting. Rounds literally Buzzed past my dam head.

It got UGLY very quickly...There is a member or two on here that know about it and the fallout afterward. Lets just say it involved the police..but NOT from me calling them.

Not only is it unethical,..but it is unsafe. Now if they face the other way and shoot onto their property that is one thing...but most people will shoot the deer over the line for sure.

There is no reason to set up on someones line. A simple thing called respect goes along way.

You dont know where others are on their land..why would you even risk where you could accidentally shoot a person?

We are talking about a guy who has a shooting house on the edge of a clear cut. I’d be willing to bet he’s hunting the clear cut. Also, there’s a better way to go about things like this other than acting like a jack ass. If I had a problem with something my neighbor was doing I would probably address the situation with my neighbor first like a decent person instead of being a typical Florida ass hat. I mean why not get in touch with your neighbor and make him aware that he put his stand next to an area where you enter and leave frequently and ask him to be mindful of that.

But No, instead he acted like a jack ass.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:00 AM

Lmao at outdoorobsession

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Out back
The neighbor is already winning. He's got Brad dancing the disco instead of relaxing and enjoying his hunting time. Hell the neighbors ain't even hunting there. They just put up a cheap box stand to keep Brad entertained.

The neighbors are killing deer, having fun, prolly drinking a cold beer and ain't even thought about ole Brad. On the other hand ole Brad is running around driving by that shooting house 100 times a day making all kind of noise running all the deer over to the neighbors. Funny thing is if someone happened to be in that shooting house pussy Brad wouldn't even stop and say anything. He would piss himself if the neighbors confronted him about all his crazy bs.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:16 AM

The way I see it, it’s the guys land so he can hunt where he wants to on it, as long as he’s not shooting deer across the line I see no issue. We have people that have 20 acres in the middle of our club who plant a huge patch right in the corner, he’s killing the deer off our club without a doubt but they are coming to his patch/land and nothing is illegal about that. It sucks but he’s not doing anything illegal, and they’ve killed some nice deer. We planted a patch on the next ridge over about 500 yds away to try and divert some our way.

Just getting in before the lock!

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Lmao at outdoorobsession

Im sure you are Buddy... smile thumbup

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:51 AM

There's no evidence to suggest the guy built that box stand to hunt anywhere other than his land.
He's done nothing illegal or unethical. Now, if he shoots over the line, then you got a legitimate complaint. But until that happens, he's perfectly legal.
My neighbor has a ladder stand that's actually 5feet across the line (on my side) facing his land. He's only got peach trees on his side, so he used the only tree big enough to put up a ladder and it happens to be on my side of the fence. I've seen him hunting it with his young son and I have no problems with it. To be honest I wouldn't even care if they shot a deer walking on my side of the fence, long as it was a safe shot.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by outdoorobsession

I sat in stand once and had 22 bullets whizing by my left within hearin distance I turned my stand around but was scared for a few mins for sho

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:32 AM

I support Brad on this one. I understand why he’s frustrated. I am an Alabama resident but live over 2 hrs away from my privately owned land in bibb county that has been in my family over 200 years. People phuck with us all the time! It don’t matter where you are from right is right, wrong is wrong. If brad’s neighbors set up a stand to intentionally shoot deer on his land I’d respond aggressive than just putting a feeder near them.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:33 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:46 AM

Some internet badasses up in heeeahhh!

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:54 AM

Its a hard thing this subject is, all perspectives are valid to some degree.

Regardless of the right or wrong, perception, or actual intention of the neighbor with the box stand, the corn feeder puts him in “checkmate”. I think if the neighbor had the proper intention he would’ve made sure the blind had a solid back facing the other property showing his intent for safety.

Putting him in “check” with the ability of an out woulda simply been another stand across the fence from it.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 11:17 AM

Not every property owner is blessed to have a perfectly square 600 + acres to hunt. Lotta folks around here like to pass judgement without all the facts. Brad's is one side of the story. Like has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, why was/is Brad planting so close to HIS line that he can see clearly over into his neighbors property? Seems like the first guy in this situation to start butting up against the property line was Brad, and his neighbors noticed and took advantage of Brad's work. That's life. Brad should have left about 50 + more yards of woods between his cultivated fields and the property line if he knew he was going to flip a lid like a child over his neighbors doing something perfectly legal. Hell, we aren't even talking about a stand on the line, it's just close. And it was Brad's choice to plant a massive food plot close enough to line where any wandering idiot on the other property could see it.

In a world where many folks private property is around the 100, 200, 300 acre range with many of them being shaped like Tennessee, some people just need to get used to the fact that there will be hunting that occurs close to property lines by default. Seems to me Brad is the one in this situation blessed with a large amount of land and he could have prevented the problem himself.

Bottom line is use your property as you want and don't bitch when other people do the same.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
I support Brad on this one. I understand why he’s frustrated. I am an Alabama resident but live over 2 hrs away from my privately owned land in bibb county that has been in my family over 200 years. People phuck with us all the time! It don’t matter where you are from right is right, wrong is wrong. If brad’s neighbors set up a stand to intentionally shoot deer on his land I’d respond aggressive than just putting a feeder near them.

Brad's neighbors have a right to hunt all of their land. Brad has that same right.
There's absolutely nothing here to suggest any intentions to hunt someone else land.
Would it make you goobers feel better if the stand was placed 100 yards away from the line, and the hunters were shoot towards your property?
Personally I see it being much safer to put a stand on the line and always shoot away from the neighbor's property.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:13 PM

Personally I see it being much safer to put a stand on the line and always shoot away from the neighbor's property.

Valid point.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:19 PM

And that feeder was a real genius move.
Nothing in the law allows you to prevent your neighbors from using their land.
Placing a feeder within site of a neighbor's stand just makes it legal for him to hunt over your bait.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by mcninja

Valid point.

If he woulda just closed the back of the box it woulda sealed his intentions

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 01:30 PM

I put a ladder 10' from the line one time but facing my field. Thinking that obviously shows the neighbor I'm not watching him. Not 2 days later a nasty note was zip tied to my ladder saying we don't hunt the line but if you want to we will. I hit shitfit mode in about 2 seconds. Dumbass left his number. I was in Texas when I called him and still think I whipped his ass through the phone. He hung up on me when I mentioned to the dumbass he had to trespass to put the note on my stand on the lease I had. Buncha idiots out there. Funny thing was when my farmer sold that farm he told us in October. We mopped it up pretty good for the asshole neighbor. I bet he thinks EHD hit after that year.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:33 PM

Didn''t the "shooting house" look kinda stupid to anybody else besides me? It looks like 4 2x2's with some cull pieces of decking screwed to it. In other words it doesn't look real.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:38 PM

The survey shows that about 80% of Aldeer are LSCB's and about 20% are neighbors someone would want to have. I am actually surprised by those results, had thought better of the Aldeer brethren.So many opinions with so little facts.
1. He ain't the little guy. They have 220 acres with a large field in the middle of their property they could plant in corn/beans if they were so inclined.
2. My field has been there for roughly 100 years and is really the only good ag land on the place. I would give my left nut to be able to put that field in in the center of the property
3.They ain't hunting the clear cut, its 8 feet high .
4. They darn sure did not block out the side that looks nowhere but onto my property.
5.Since many of you are of the opinion they have the right to do anything they want with every inch of their land then why do I not have the same right.You boys have a problem with consistency. Explain to me your reasoning, assuming you actually have the capacity to reason
6. Yes I am from Florida, can't help it, gotta make a living. Sorry. I am also the best thing the Alabama deer/turkey populations could hope for since I manage the place heavily and pull the trigger infrequently. Did not shoot a deer last year and have not shot a turkey in about 5.My Alabama hunting buddy shot two nice bucks last year and a chit pile of turkeys, so at least I am benefitting one resident of your State.He is obviously not a LSCB.
7.If you think this stuff impacts my enjoyment of hunting you are deluded. Much bigger fish to fry. I had not given this a thought in about a year until some jack ass pulled this thread out of the graveyard.Like I said first post, I have never seen them in the stand since it went up.
Posted By: Cynical

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:39 PM

Man the solution here it to build a box stand ON THE LINE with two seats, one on your side one on his. Yall just hunt together. Whichever side the deer is on gets the first shot. Like Annie Oakley but with deer not skeet.
Posted By: Cynical

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 02:42 PM

The survey shows that about 80% of Aldeer are LSCB's and about 20% are neighbors someone would want to have. I am actually surprised by those results, had thought better of the Aldeer brethren.So many opinions with so little facts.
1. He ain't the little guy. They have 220 acres with a large field in the middle of their property they could plant in corn/beans if they were so inclined.
2. My field has been there for roughly 100 years and is really the only good ag land on the place. I would give my left nut to be able to put that field in in the center of the property
3.They ain't hunting the clear cut, its 8 feet high .
4. They darn sure did not block out the side that looks nowhere but onto my property.
5.Since many of you are of the opinion they have the right to do anything they want with every inch of their land then why do I not have the same right.You boys have a problem with consistency. Explain to me your reasoning, assuming you actually have the capacity to reason
6. Yes I am from Florida, can't help it, gotta make a living. Sorry. I am also the best thing the Alabama deer/turkey populations could hope for since I manage the place heavily and pull the trigger infrequently. Did not shoot a deer last year and have not shot a turkey in about 5.My Alabama hunting buddy shot two nice bucks last year and a chit pile of turkeys, so at least I am benefitting one resident of your State.He is obviously not a LSCB.
7.If you think this stuff impacts my enjoyment of hunting you are deluded. Much bigger fish to fry. I had not given this a thought in about a year until some jack ass pulled this thread out of the graveyard.Like I said first post, I have never seen them in the stand since it went up.

If he hunts that stand but never shoots onto your property is still a problem for you?

I mean, I like to hunt a powerline where 1200 yds away I can see onto the neighbors property. I don't shoot there; but I still watch if there are deer. Am I wrong in that scenario? I guess its just a proximity thing but if so where do you 'draw the line' on what is acceptable to you for stand placement?

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:03 PM

If he had that window blacked out he would be all good.I don't believe there is a snowballs chance in hell he would pass on a good buck in that field.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:10 PM

Just hang a tubesock with a bar of soap in em every thirty yds or so... shocked That'll fix his wagon... crazy
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:21 PM

HELP they guy stay legal. Go put a piece of plywood over the back window of that shooting house so he in not tempted to shoot across the line AND he cannot see the feeder.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:29 PM

Must be hell to manage 7 acres.
Posted By: BC

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:36 PM

5.Since many of you are of the opinion they have the right to do anything they want with every inch of their land then why do I not have the same right.You boys have a problem with consistency. Explain to me your reasoning, assuming you actually have the capacity to reason.

I'll take a stab at it.

Your neighbor put a shooting house on his side of the line (which is his right).

He's guilty of nothing (if and until such time as he shoots across your property line).

Your perception is he's trying to hunt your property (which is an assumption that may or may not be true).

You put up a feeder on your side of the line (which is your right), except you stated that the intent was malicious and intended to hurt or disturb your neighbors hunting.

You hung up wind chimes and CD's down your line with the intent of disturbing the wildlife on your side and his.

Your intention was to disturb, or interfere with his hunting in that area because you don't utilize that area and don't care if it's disturbed.

That falls under the guidelines of hunter harassment.

Most people here think that harassing hunters is a dick move.

Therefore you got the negative response that you got.

Behavior such as this is why houses get burned down and tires get slashed and hunting gets a black eye. It's not really difficult to understand.

What if you went in there one morning to turkey hunt and your neighbor stood on his side of the line and blew an air horn every time you called or when the turkeys started gobbling? It is the same difference.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:45 PM

x2 what BC said.
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:49 PM

Every time you try to defend yourself, you just come across as more of prick who believes his right to do as he pleases with his land trumps the right of your neighbors to do the same. Give it a damn rest.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by BC

5.Since many of you are of the opinion they have the right to do anything they want with every inch of their land then why do I not have the same right.You boys have a problem with consistency. Explain to me your reasoning, assuming you actually have the capacity to reason.

I'll take a stab at it.

Your neighbor put a shooting house on his side of the line (which is his right).

He's guilty of nothing (if and until such time as he shoots across your property line).

Your perception is he's trying to hunt your property (which is an assumption that may or may not be true).

You put up a feeder on your side of the line (which is your right), except you stated that the intent was malicious and intended to hurt or disturb your neighbors hunting.

You hung up wind chimes and CD's down your line with the intent of disturbing the wildlife on your side and his.

Your intention was to disturb, or interfere with his hunting in that area because you don't utilize that area and don't care if it's disturbed.

Behavior such as this is why houses get burned down and tires get slashed and hunting gets a black eye. It's not really difficult to understand.

What if you went in there one morning to turkey hunt and your neighbor stood on his side of the line and blew an air horn every time you called or when the turkeys started gobbling? It is the same difference.

Drop the microphone...

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:55 PM

BC, for the win.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Didn''t the "shooting house" look kinda stupid to anybody else besides me? It looks like 4 2x2's with some cull pieces of decking screwed to it. In other words it doesn't look real.

I've been thinking all along that it's a decoy, just put there for Brad's entertainment.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 04:46 PM

At least BC is attempting to approach this rationally. But I am confused. Is it your belief that a) everyone should be able to do whatever they want with every inch of their property or b)everyone should be able to do whatever they want with every inch of their property, unless it causes a problem for their neighbor. One or the other.Also, adding intent adds a whole nother layer. There was never a piece of corn in that feeder, and I never intended to put any corn in it. It was simply me excercising my right of expression. In retrospect I should have painted a big bird finger on a piece of plywood and posted it on the fence.So according to your own reasoning we are all good here since I had no intent to corn, just as I am sure he had no intent to shoot..

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser

I've been thinking all along that it's a decoy, just put there for Brad's entertainment.

It looks like the Taj Mahal compared to the POS shooting houses at our hunting club.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 05:11 PM

At least BC is attempting to approach this rationally. But I am confused. Is it your belief that a) everyone should be able to do whatever they want with every inch of their property or b)everyone should be able to do whatever they want with every inch of their property, unless it causes a problem for their neighbor. One or the other.Also, adding intent adds a whole nother layer. There was never a piece of corn in that feeder, and I never intended to put any corn in it. It was simply me excercising my right of expression. In retrospect I should have painted a big bird finger on a piece of plywood and posted it on the fence.So according to your own reasoning we are all good here since I had no intent to corn, just as I am sure he had no intent to shoot..

To answer - a person should be able to do whatever they want to do on every inch of their property, within the limits of the law. What is the problem you are speaking of? Unless you actually observe this person doing something on your property, the problem is all in your head. Even with the side open to your property, he can watch the deer across the line as long as he does not shoot.

Your additional responses on this subject just enhance your standing as a turd.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 05:27 PM

Too much drama.My philosophy is that if you own the property, you should be able to do whatever you want on any inch of what you own and your neighbors should too. I'd have no issue with a neighbor putting a shooting house on their property on the line but to put it on the line with a window set up so he can watch out onto and possibly shoot my 7 acre sanctuary field would be unacceptable to me. Deer make people do stupid things. Remember the story about CAL's daughter sitting in the shooting house on his managed property and the jack leg neighbor selling hunts on the adjacent property shot a buck right under her nose in CAL's field while she was sitting there filming it. The temptation is too much for some. Rather than do the feeder deal, wind chimes and all that crap, if his house is only 10 ft off the line, get you five 10' 4x4 posts and 5 4x8 sheets of plywood. just put up a 20x8 plywood wall behind the house, at the same height as his window, right on your line and he will not be able to see or shoot your field. Problem solved. He hunts his property and you hunt yours.

Did you try to talk to him about it? That's the first thing that I would have done. Good fences make good neighbors but good relations between adjacent neighbors or clubs generally work even better. If he's an okay guy with good intentions, he would probably board up that window if you asked him about it and expressed your concern to him. I know I would. If he refuses to board it up, then you can assume that maybe his intentions might not be good and that he is wanting to watch your field and or possibly shoot across onto your property. At that point just install the cheap plywood wall on your side of the line behind his house and be done with it. You enjoy your property and let him enjoy his.

We've got a field on a corner of our property that is visible from a county maintained dirt road. We plant a 20 ft wide screen of Egyptian wheat along the road every year as a cover screen to eliminate the temptation of someone seeing something and being tempted to shoot off the road and onto our property in a direct line with our shooting house which is occupied on a pretty regular basis.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 05:30 PM

We had a neighbor come to our front door once complaining about one of my ladders that was set up on our fence line facing down into a huge sage patch where deer liked to cross and bed. The stuff on his property was 15ft high and so thick you couldn't walk through it if you tried. I told him to go pound sand and never heard anything else from it.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 05:38 PM

Abolt,

I’m convinced of neighbor problems regarless of scenerio. Bottom line question is “who’s property?”

For sure everytime I sit a property line area, I wear orange.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 06:12 PM

So AU338 based on your OWN POST "To answer - a person should be able to do whatever they want to do on every inch of their property, within the limits of the law", there is absolutely no problem here.He has broken no laws and I have broken no laws, we are both doing what we want on every inch of our property.We agree and yet you call me a turd. It will be hard getting over that. I have noticed something over the years. Generally those who have limited reasoning and communication skills resort to name calling. Ask a Democrat a question they cannot rationally and factually answer within their belief system and see what happens. Racist, sexist, misogynist, asshole, turd.Sorta like the 20+ pages of this thread.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 06:22 PM

The open window is completely irrelevant. The animals, on either side, don't belong to either of you.
By law those those animals belong to me, as much as you. In fact, you could stand on your side of the line and watch deer on my property all day, and is perfectly legit. And I wouldn't mind at all. I might even walk over and watch them with you. Until you shoot or walk over the line, you've done nothing wrong. So the neighbors have no reason or obligation to cover a window facing your property, that's a stupid and childish viewpoint.
However, we do have a law in Alabama which specifically states that intentionally causing noise or repeated activities with intent to harass a hunter or wildlife is illegal and that person can be charged with a misdemeanor. The reality here, like it or not, is that Brad is the admitted criminal and is neighbors have done absolutely nothing wrong, that we know of.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 06:24 PM

He has broken no laws and I have broken no laws, .

You admitted to hanging wind chimes and brightly colored items with intent to harass your neighbors and drive away deer. That's illegal in Alabama. So in fact you have broken the law.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 06:29 PM

Brad, your post are indeed full of adjectives and actions that show your contempt and disdain. First is saying their property is a “nasty mess”. For the love of God, its his property. Just by virtue of you posting the original post, you show your pride of a checkmate and hopes folk will back your play.

I’d say you are on the verge of a narcissistic fit.

If your five emotional responses and motivations stem from Envy, Anger, Fear, Inferiority, and Superiority then you might wanna seek help brother.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 06:35 PM

So AU338 based on your OWN POST "To answer - a person should be able to do whatever they want to do on every inch of their property, within the limits of the law", there is absolutely no problem here.He has broken no laws and I have broken no laws, we are both doing what we want on every inch of our property.We agree and yet you call me a turd. It will be hard getting over that. I have noticed something over the years. Generally those who have limited reasoning and communication skills resort to name calling. Ask a Democrat a question they cannot rationally and factually answer within their belief system and see what happens. Racist, sexist, misogynist, asshole, turd.Sorta like the 20+ pages of this thread.

If you have done some of the things you claim to have done - hanging wind chimes and other things in an attempt to disrupt their hunting, that may qualify as hunter harasment under the law. And I didn't see where your neighbors painted a picture of the finger on the shooting house, as you stated would be a good addition to your feeder. You have taken no steps to meet and talk with your neighbors and discuss this situation like MEN. You just assumed their intent and immediately responded like a douchbag and came on this forum and tried to show off. When you got called out by virtually everyone here, you acted like a spoiled brat in response.

Until if and when you KNOW your neighbors have done something illegal, pay them no mind. You and they will be better for it.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BC

I'll take a stab at it.

Im mean come on already BC!

WTH!???

The thread was all going along like a dang train wreck..and here you come along again with another well thought out and rational response!thumbup grin

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 07:25 PM

Lol......... my bad.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 07:36 PM

Brad, two “rights” don’t make it not wrong.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 08:18 PM

Those deer will be used to those wind chimes in less than a week if there is something that they want to get to to eat in that area. Several years ago Farmer NW of Jefferson was getting serious crop damage from deer and set up an air cannon on his soybeans that would go off every 15 min. or 20 min. Scared the crap out of the deer for the first week or so. By the end of week two, you could sit in the back of the truck glassing from 700 yards away and those deer wouldnt even raise their heads when that cannon went off. They'd just keep right on eating.

I've had turkeys gobble at a slammed truck door, distant gunshots, police and fire sirens, you name it. Any sudden loud noise. That air horn BC was suggesting might just get one fired up and hammering. In which case, Brad would need to thank his neighbor.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 08:46 PM

Well actually the chimes, cd's and flashing lights were really just bait.Not for the deer but the Aldeer LSCB crew. The deer around there have Cobras flying a few hundred feet over their head 24/7/365.It would not matter to them but got you boys pretty stirred up. As stated earlier the feeder has never had any corn in it. So, based on you boys own statements, since I have not actually committed hunter harassment its all good right?Just a couple of fellas legally doing what they want on every inch of their own land.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:00 PM

its all good right?Just a couple of fellas legally doing what they want on every inch of their own land.

Dang son, you are far gone

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:07 PM

Well actually the chimes, cd's and flashing lights were really just bait.Not for the deer but the Aldeer LSCB crew. The deer around there have Cobras flying a few hundred feet over their head 24/7/365..

Right. Probably smart to retract that statement. You make a good politician.
BTW, I'm kinda curious where cobras fly every day, in Alabama.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:10 PM

Bradb do you even hunt or do you spent all of your time screwing with your neighbor?
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:15 PM

Well actually the chimes, cd's and flashing lights were really just bait.Not for the deer but the Aldeer LSCB crew. The deer around there have Cobras flying a few hundred feet over their head 24/7/365..

He probably meant Apaches,or OH-58.SE Bama...

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:15 PM

Probably some kid in his mom's basement anyway. He's been acting like a kid this whole time. Don't you know there's black choppers everywhere?

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:18 PM

Well actually the chimes, cd's and flashing lights were really just bait.Not for the deer but the Aldeer LSCB crew. The deer around there have Cobras flying a few hundred feet over their head 24/7/365.It would not matter to them but got you boys pretty stirred up. As stated earlier the feeder has never had any corn in it. So, based on you boys own statements, since I have not actually committed hunter harassment its all good right?Just a couple of fellas legally doing what they want on every inch of their own land.

Yeah yeah whatever. You have still yet to handle the situation like a man and just talk to your nieghbor. I understand that you didn’t have any other place to plant your field but that’s not his fault. And If he wants to shoot deer going to and from your field on his property that’s his right. I imagine the deer are bedding on his land and going to your field to eat . Cutting them off is fair game. Instead of acting out you could just go talk to him and maybe even ask him to start managing the deer like you do.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bull64

Yeah, I got that. It's just that the cobra has a rather unique look. Most anybody can distinguish them from a Blackhawk or apache.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:21 PM

Some folks don't pay them any attention down that way...

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:22 PM

I’d like to thank Brad for taking the heat off of me. Maybe the Admin can make him “Certified Pecker Head”, like I am “certified pecker checker”. We can be like brothers & stuff.

[Linked Image]

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:26 PM

Some folks don't pay them any attention down that way...

I know. I lived down there for two years. Was on the base very often. But even those people, who don't pay them any attention, know they ain't cobras. smile

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I’d like to thank Brad for taking the heat off of me. Maybe the Admin can make him “Certified Pecker Head”, like I am “certified pecker checker”. We can be like brothers & stuff.

But you proudly claimed that title.
Of course Brad has proudly defended his title, I'm just not exactly sure what that title is.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:30 PM

Also Brad it’s obvious you don’t want any of your neighbors killing what you think are “your” deer because of the thread about the guy who had the 4 acres of planted corn bordering you
Posted By: KHOOKS

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbfOXrQ0N84&list=RDDbfOXrQ0N84&start_radio=1

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 09:55 PM

Good Stuff Hooks

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/01/18 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

[Linked Image]

Mr Loco, you catch some flack on this site, but I would never put you and Brad in the same category. You really seem to be a person with good intent and just having some fun here. If I'm ever in Texas, ill try to take you up on the beer you offered. I'll buy.

BradB, meh. I just hope we're never neighbors.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/02/18 01:19 AM

I’ll add that one to my playlist rofl

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/02/18 09:27 AM

At least BC is attempting to approach this rationally..

Brad,

I’m glad you didn’t take my post personally yesterday because I didn’t intend to offend. You seemed to not understand some people’s point so I thought I would bullet point it for you based off my understanding after reading the entire thread. I understand your frustration and probably all of us have dealt with a bad neighbor at least once or twice in our lives. I also feel that maybe there is more history with this neighbor than you’ve told us about other than this one instance. Me personally, I think maybe it was handled wrong from the beginning. I think you should have waited until he actually broke the law by encroaching on you before going Code Red on him, but hey I understand how hot headed males can be. Believe me, I’ve handled situations in the past in an incorrect manner. I look back at some of the things I’ve done in the past and wish I had handled them differently. I guess the older I get the more mellow I get.

I hope you and your neighbor get past your differences.

Re: Dam Neighbors - 11/02/18 01:23 PM

they dont fly the 58"saround here anymore, they've went to the uh-72
© 2024 ALDEER.COM