Aldeer.com

HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL.

Posted By: Emile

HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 05:41 PM

OPINIONS ON HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE ALABAMA?
Posted By: pcola4

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 05:48 PM

All depends on the property. There are some good bucks in that area especially if you head North of town a bit. Plenty of deer and turkey over all.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 05:50 PM

If you start heading South East the deer population drops a bit but you can still get into to good antlers if that is what you looking for.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 06:10 PM

You could find a whole lot worse areas to hunt for sure. It's pretty good around there.

Dr. B
Posted By: abolt300

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 06:16 PM

My recommedation on Greenville is to go west on HWY 10 about 45 miles then turn north and go about 10-12 miles and start looking there. You can thank me later.
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 06:38 PM

Southwood you could go for bonus buck so you have 2 to go on public land.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 07:11 PM

My family’s property is on the Crenshaw/Butler line between Luverne and Greenville. North side of hwy 10. About 3/4 of the acreage on the Crenshaw side and 1/4 spills over into Butler county. Lots of ag in our area, great hunting.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: jallencrockett
Southwood you could go for bonus buck so you have 2 to go on public land.

Ok.........
Posted By: Emile

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/12/17 10:51 PM

Thanks for the input.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: tbest3
My family’s property is on the Crenshaw/Butler line between Luverne and Greenville. North side of hwy 10. About 3/4 of the acreage on the Crenshaw side and 1/4 spills over into Butler county. Lots of ag in our area, great hunting.

I have land there and there is no ag around where I'm at. its nothing but timber company land

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Turkeymaster

I have land there and there is no ag around where I'm at. its nothing but timber company land

Lots of timber co land around but there’s plenty of ag around me. Our place is row cropped then you have the whiddons and tindals next to us and all of their acreage is row cropped. The Crenshaw side is mostly timber company but the closer to and further you get into the butler county side you start to see more ag land.

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 10:08 AM

You don’t by chance hunt rayoneir land off of hickory grove road do you?

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 11:25 AM

no, its closer to georgiana, also hunt out by cambrian

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 12:54 PM

South of 10 closer to Georgiana would explain why you have more timber co land and less ag around you. Ive seen some good deer come from that area near 106.
Posted By: joeml18

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 01:01 PM

I hunt very close to tbest3 and agree with him. Hunting is good.
Posted By: booner

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 01:13 PM

I hunt the property with the ag land up on hwy 10 and county road 5, West of Greenville. Agree. Hunting is good.
Posted By: tsmith

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 02:46 PM

We hunted there for a couple of years (10 years ago) Literally right off of the I-65 (West side). We had good pictures but never saw any shooters moving. The guys that took over the lease from us killed two giants the year after we dropped the land. I have seen several good deer come from that area.

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 02:50 PM

South of 10 closer to Georgiana would explain why you have more timber co land and less ag around you. Ive seen some good deer come from that area near 106.

yea there are some studs around but the numbers vary depending on your neighbors, I happen to have terrible neioghbors that shoot every basket rack and kill tons of does.
Posted By: BobF

Re: HUNTING AROUND GREENVILLE AL. - 12/13/17 02:56 PM

Hunting is good
© 2024 ALDEER.COM