Aldeer.com

Nonsuch farm Tallapoosa co.

Posted By: Ben2

Nonsuch farm Tallapoosa co. - 12/05/17 09:28 PM

Anyone know where I am talking about? Harry and Jane Brock used to lease it.
3600 acres right next to Jim and Angie Ryan's place in Tallapoosa Co.

I grew up hunting down there with the Brocks but it has been 8 or so years since my last trip down when the Bricks gave up the lease. Just wondered what ever happened to the place.
Posted By: Cheaha

Re: Nonsuch farm Tallapoosa co. - 12/06/17 09:43 AM

I would like to know as well. My uncle owned that place until about 1980. Was the barn style farmhouse still there last time you were there Ben2? Used to be a skeet and trap range too.

Re: Nonsuch farm Tallapoosa co. - 12/06/17 07:49 PM

There were several old farm houses inside the property and an upper 2 barns I remember. The house was a big 2 story house on a lake with an old tennis court beside it and a couple small houses on the main rd
Posted By: Cheaha

Re: Nonsuch farm Tallapoosa co. - 12/07/17 10:40 AM

That's the place. I found it on Google Earth, looks like the skeet and trap range is gone. There were very few deer there when my uncle owned it, I bet it is covered in them now.

Re: Nonsuch farm Tallapoosa co. - 12/07/17 11:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Cheaha
That's the place. I found it on Google Earth, looks like the skeet and trap range is gone. There were very few deer there when my uncle owned it, I bet it is covered in them now.

It was full of them and turkeys were everywhere. They clear cut a lot of it the last time I was there. Wonderful place with a lot of memories. Would love to get that lease one day if it ever came up. Wish I knew who bought it

Re: Nonsuch farm Tallapoosa co. - 12/07/17 11:21 AM

Can you send it to me on Google earth a pic so I can find it. I looked but could not remember the road it was on
© 2024 ALDEER.COM