Aldeer.com

LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY

Posted By: marshmud991

LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 06:05 AM

Sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and giving thanks to the Lord our God for all the blessings he has givin me. Fixing to get the kids up (maybe) to see if they want to hunt this morning. They been hitting it hard since Sunday. If bayli sleeps in I'm going to a stand in a large creek bottom that hasn't been hunted yet. I'm gonna put Braden in the tripod on the powerline/road I saw the small bucks on yesterday. Good luck to all that's hunting this morning and be safe. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Posted By: Cullman_bamahunt

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 06:08 AM

Good luck to y'all! Bit chilly up here
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 06:42 AM

Settled in for a short hunt. Maybe something moves before I have to leave and go to the in-laws.
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 06:43 AM

Good Luck to Everyone on Thanksgiving Day!!! I am sitting here in my truck getting ready to walk to My stand to enjoy God's creation!
Posted By: dBmV

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 06:45 AM

Good luck to everybody going out today. I've got cookin and eatin to do. Happy thanksgiving to all.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 06:47 AM

Headed out now this will be my Alabama opener, taking my little brother who has gotten bit by the hunting bug as of late.

Put several bone in chickens in the crock pot to make dumplings when I get out and then head to thanksgiving with my mother. Also became an uncle again last night just before midnight so a big thank you and congradulations to my other little brother!
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 07:03 AM

I've got several thousand acres of private land to hunt just a couple of miles down the road.But this morning I'm going to the big hill behind the house and watch the sunrise and eventually my family start waking up over my right shoulder.I'm going to watch a thicket I left unbushogged next to a pond over my left shoulder down at the bottom of the big hill.I plan on giving alot of thanks this morning for being blessed and shooting a doe for jerky.Good Luck to all hunting and be thankful your able to go.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 07:09 AM

I've had a crazy bad stomach bug for the last 24 hrs. Was just able to keep some Gatorade down this morning. I mean the one holiday all year centerEd around eating and I can't eat. If I can stop throwing up and chiting I'll be in the stand this afternoon. Atleast I know I'll have my bro in the woods and a good friend so atleast I'll know if they're moving or not. Good luck hopefully y'all act more like Indians than pilgrims in the woods today!
Posted By: bigt

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 07:23 AM

Me and my daughter giving it another try this morning before the feasting begins smile
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 07:40 AM

I just couldn't answer the bell this morning...woke up about 20 mins before the alarm went off and just cut it off. Wandering around the house now with coffee, hunting vicariously through y'all! thumbup
Posted By: AC870

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 07:50 AM

I’m in the stand. Going to hunt til 10 or 1030. There was a fair 7-pointer, couple 4-points and 2-3 spikes in here during bow season when I was running camera. That was 3-4 weeks ago. Dunno if any of them still around. Just gonna kickback and watch. Should have brought face mask. Cheeks are a might chilly. Frost on here in Marshall this a.m. NNE wind.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 07:59 AM

Planning for an all-day sit in the national forest. Good luck to everyone.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:00 AM

thumbup
Posted By: inatree

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:05 AM

Good luck everyone, be safe and have a great Thanksgiving.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:09 AM

doing a truck hunt this morning on a long road crossing. I've saw two does so far. Good luck and happy thanksgiving
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:14 AM

Got my bow at choccoloc. Saw a nice buck running a doe at 645. Not close enough.
Posted By: G/H

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:17 AM

Sitting this morning out. Good luck guys
Posted By: Ridgehunter36

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:34 AM

I'm so cold
Posted By: nacho

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:49 AM

Me and Eli are back in his favorite ladder stand hopefully something shows up this morning he has been a little discouraged this year and not real happy that I’m seeing deer without him.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:51 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Be safe & shoot straight.

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:53 AM

I got skirted. Bad. The deer was downwind and had the sun behind him. Not sure if he saw sun on my glasses or smelt me but he left. Didn’t tear ass. Just went back way it came. I’m in a 12-foot ladder. Shoulda been in climber.
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 09:04 AM

Been slow this morning. Seen a spike at at 7 and nothing since.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 09:05 AM

Good luck to all who are in the woods this Thanksgiving AM. I had a notion to go this morning too, but having a 7 month old with the crud waking up every 2 hours changes things. My wife and I both had to have some sleep just to survive today’s festivities, so I stayed in the bed! Be back after em tomorrow morning.
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 09:22 AM

Neighbors on both sides have already shot this morning. I'm already back in the house. Neighbor across the road decided to burn garbage this morning and it was full of plastic. I was directly down wind about 200 yrds and got smoked out. My eyes are still burning.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 10:06 AM

I just finished running the turkey trot race with the wife.. been gone all week hunting, so I figured we could spent some quality time together. Plus, I beat her by 2 minutes!!
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: gatorbait154
I just finished running the turkey trot race with the wife. Plus, I beat her by 2 minutes!!

Nice knowing you man.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 11:19 AM

I watch 3 young bucks spare along the pond banks all morning. Had a doe with twin spotted fawn come down for a drink. About 9:30 had lone doe with a bad limp come and figured she was perfect for jerky. Great morning
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 01:57 PM

Killed a real good doe this morning. 100 lbs. field dressed.

Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 02:01 PM

Well at least she's cooled down good.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 02:11 PM

Damn you make it run into the creek and drown?
Posted By: nacho

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 02:34 PM

We didn't see anything this morning even the squirrels stayed hidden. We stayed until 1030 and had to get down to hunt food and of course Eli is starting to think I am bad luck sitting with this year but we will be back after them in the morning on a different piece of dirt.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 03:20 PM

Been in the stand since before daylight. Didn't see a thing till 10:45 and a yearling crooked horn spike stepped.out. I'm staying till dark in hopes the 11 pt I've had on cam makes a showing.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Rmart30
Been in the stand since before daylight. Didn't see a thing till 10:45 and a yearling crooked horn spike stepped.out. I'm staying till dark in hopes the 11 pt I've had on cam makes a showing.

Wow I don't see how y'all do it. There is no way I could hunt from sun up to sun down out of the same stand. I was able to make it into the woods this afternoon though. Stomach still a little uneasy. Pretty much just cooked and didn't eat today. Hopefully there will be plenty of left overs. I'm sitting on a cutover with a couple nice bucks on camera we will see if one will slip up during daylight
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 03:59 PM

I just kilt a butterball..knife in hand..it was epic...uh oh theres one of those words that gets used to much..lol good luck gentlemen and happy thanksgiving flag gun
Posted By: alight1983

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 04:59 PM

Ate too much in the recliner this evening .Sat close to choccolocco this morning on national forest. Saw a spike.
Posted By: sanderson

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 05:17 PM

Saw one small spike this morning about 7:30. So far this afternoon I haven’t saw anything, not even a bird
Posted By: Atoler

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 05:55 PM

Got to camp late. Eased down to a field real quick and I'm watching a few does. Feels weird being in my dress slacks
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Atoler
Got to camp late. Eased down to a field real quick and I'm watching a few does. Feels weird being in my dress slacks

Man days like that are exactly when you get a good one. Hoping a good buck comes out and checks out those does.

You might get them dress pants dirty but thats how it works. When you last expect it.

good luck! thumbup
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 06:06 PM

I never wear camo. I hunt in khakis and Columbia shirt about every time I go. Might have on a jacket but that's it.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
I never wear camo. I hunt in khakis and Columbia shirt about every time I go. Might have on a jacket but that's it.

Yep. Jeans or carharts and whatever t shirt I have on. Take a sweatshirt with me
Posted By: BOFF

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Claims Rep.
Killed a real good doe this morning. 100 lbs. field dressed.

Congrats.

You know 15lbs of that was waterlogged fur.

laugh

God Bless
David B.

Re: LFTT THANKSGIVING DAY - 11/23/17 10:39 PM

That’s a pretty spot Claims.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM