Aldeer.com

for those who use hand climbers:

Posted By: paulfish4570

for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 10:53 AM

how tough is it on your core for your legs to lift the bottom platform? i'm 66, and in sorta decent shape for my age. i figure hand climber is the very lightest climber in weight. it's been about 36 years since i've used one.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 10:54 AM

Being 24, it's not hard at all. I'm not sure how difficult it would be for someone your age.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 11:05 AM

I'm 33 and use a hand climber a lot. The total weight of the whole stand is 14.5 lbs. I exercise 3-4 days a week and don't have any trouble yet. I do a lot of leg lifts and core exercises because of three bulging discs and arthritis in my lower back. I can see how in the future I may not be able to climb but as for now it's not bad at all. As long as I keep my upper body in shape and work on my core I'll continue to use one with no problems I hope.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 11:06 AM

Do some sit ups and crunches. You abdomen will do most of the work.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 11:17 AM

About to be 47 and no problems. I'm certainly not in the same shape I used to be. I love hunting out of a climber.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 11:23 AM

I'm going on 56 and have no problem with a 20 lb climber. If it is difficult for you just shorten the distance you move each step. You can even put some of (or most of) your weight on your butt / on the top platform

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 12:01 PM

thanks, guys. i'm not too fat (195 on 6-foot frame) ...
Posted By: blumsden

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 12:39 PM

I didn't realize they still made hand climbing stands. I love the stand up sit down stands. I love buckshots.

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 12:58 PM

summit makes a couple of models, and so do some other manufacturers for the ultralight crowd.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 01:08 PM

I'm 59 and 6'4 215 and the hand climber is the only thing I have ever used. I know one day it may start bothering me but I can still climb as easy as when I was in my 30s.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 01:24 PM

An x stand sit in climb is 12.5lbs, which is lighter than all the hand climbers, and it has a bar to sit on.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 01:42 PM

I wouldn't sacrifice the rail to drop a couple pounds of carry weight.

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 02:23 PM

the x stands look almost delicate. any of y'all use 'em?
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 03:07 PM

I'm 6'2" 275 and have never felt unsafe in my X-Stand Sit N Climb. It can be uncomfortable for long sits if you have a wide rear end like myself smile
Posted By: GKelly

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 03:44 PM

Just take it up in small amounts itll be very easy instead of trying to go 2 foot up at a time go a half foot or so will take longer to climb but won't be difficult at all
Posted By: Scout308

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 03:51 PM

I have no problems with my summit titan. I am 6'2, 270 and have had three back surgeries. I take my time going up and down a tree!

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 03:57 PM

thanks again, fellas ...
Posted By: lectrode

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 06:41 PM

Last time I used my climber it about killed my stomach muscles. The rest of you should be fine!!!
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/17/17 07:30 PM

Some of you guys don't understand. A hand climber is not a sit and stand. It has no front bar to sit on.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/18/17 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: paulfish4570
the x stands look almost delicate. any of y'all use 'em?

I use one religiously, the only downside is comfort. It's like sitting in a standard lockon with a thick cushion. I just did 4 all day sits in a row in my x stand, but it wasn't fun. It's very stable. Cinches down with stabilizer straps. The two cable guides are carbon and bend til they touch the tree. I've never felt unsafe, specifically compared to a hand climber.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: for those who use hand climbers: - 11/20/17 10:32 AM

I use a summit viper sd stand. Im 36 and in good shape but its really easy to climb a tree. I dont think u will have any issues. The hardest part for me is just carrying the bastage on my back to walk a mile. I just sold my summit viper classic which was steel. Weighed 28 pounds. My aluminum replacement is 20 pounds and makes a huge weight difference. I will never own another steel climber. I should have bought this aluminum climber a long time ago. But now atleast i know what its like totting a steel one. Terrible
© 2024 ALDEER.COM