Aldeer.com

WMA Gun Hunts (Oakmulgee)

Posted By: fingers

WMA Gun Hunts (Oakmulgee) - 11/14/17 01:08 PM

I have bow hunted WMA's many times but only been on one gun hunt close to 30 years ago. Does anyone know if you still have to check in prior to hunting or only if you kill something? Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: WMA Gun Hunts (Oakmulgee) - 11/14/17 01:16 PM

You have to check in prior. I dont fool with the management area but I've heard hunter numbers are way down the last few years
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: WMA Gun Hunts (Oakmulgee) - 11/14/17 02:03 PM

I plan to make a few hunts this year but its been 3 years since I've hunted it.
Posted By: Beak_Buster

Re: WMA Gun Hunts (Oakmulgee) - 11/14/17 03:30 PM

Yes, you still have to check in on certain hunt dates, some dates are buck only and you do not have to check in. But they have put in a antler restriction, 3 points on one side on the whole WMA. Read the updated map carefully, good luck.
Posted By: tiger1432

Re: WMA Gun Hunts (Oakmulgee) - 11/14/17 04:23 PM

not all have to check in pick were you are going an read the permit you can also print it

http://www.outdooralabama.com/wildlife-management-areas
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: WMA Gun Hunts (Oakmulgee) - 11/14/17 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Beak_Buster
Yes, you still have to check in on certain hunt dates, some dates are buck only and you do not have to check in. But they have put in a antler restriction, 3 points on one side on the whole WMA. Read the updated map carefully, good luck.

I think someone told me it was the entire wma
Posted By: Beak_Buster

Re: WMA Gun Hunts (Oakmulgee) - 11/14/17 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

Originally Posted By: Beak_Buster

I think someone told me it was the entire wma

That's correct, the whole WMA is 3 or better on one antler.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM