Aldeer.com

Hunt bankhead friday/saturday?

Posted By: Jakethesnake

Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/14/17 01:05 PM

Is anyone deer hunting bankhead this friday and saturday? I will be camping with the wife and boy friday evening and hunting saturday morning. Zone A wma hunt these 2 days. Looking forward to sitting all day and not seeing anything lol.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/14/17 02:12 PM

Better read your map again. Friday is B side muzzy hunt. Sat is A side gun hunt.
Posted By: jhogeland

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/14/17 03:51 PM

No gun hunt on the A side Friday. It's only Saturday but there is a muzzleloader hunt on the B side Thursday and Friday.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/14/17 05:09 PM

He can hunt Bankhead any day he wants to without a permit. Don't confuse it with the WMA which has separate gun days. Bankhead is Bankhead, while Black Warrior is Black Warrior.

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/14/17 05:20 PM

Well he did say WMA Matt. Glad you got my slack. But it wont be gun season in Bankhead Friday either.
Posted By: BuckTraumaAla

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/14/17 08:11 PM

Jake, Are you gonna be in camping in the wolf pen camp ground?
That's one of our favorite places to camp. No doubt, it's primitive. But you're surrounded by good deer. Thick cover down in the hard woods. Good Luck! I'm glad your son has a daddy willing to take him. Good job!

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/15/17 06:55 AM

Bucktruama, not sure which one we are gonna stay at. Thanks for the advice. And yes we are hunting wma zone a saturday. I forgot and thought there was the same hunt going on friday too. I love bankhead. Not much luck with deer there but it keeps pulling me back. I had rather shoot a hog than a deer. Thats what keeps me coming back.
Posted By: grundan

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/15/17 07:56 AM

I hunted last Friday and shot a big boar. I didn't see any deer.
Good luck!
Posted By: race316

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/16/17 12:17 PM

I will be on zone A Saturday, al day, in the rain and wind, lol

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/20/17 10:00 AM

Well me and the family hunted bankhead zone a saturday. Didnt see nothing but scrapes and pig sign. Like usual. And didnt seem to be that many folks there this time. Bad weather i recon.

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/20/17 10:03 AM

Saturday at 1pm i asked the wardens and the check in station what all had been killed friday and saturday. They said one 4 point and one 8 point was all. Guy shot 2 hogs on zone a but had to leave them in a holler cause he couldnt get em out. Out of all the hunters only 2 deer reported? Its tough hunting bankhead but i figured they would have checked in a lot more than 2
Posted By: jhogeland

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/20/17 10:48 AM

Saturday my buddy and I doubled up. He got a big boar hog and I got a doe.
Posted By: race316

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/20/17 12:07 PM

I got a big coyote at 7:00 a.m., saw no deer and I was a mile deep, beyond where the coyote dropped.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/20/17 12:46 PM

There's a couple of pics on the Alabama Wildlife & Fisheries Facebook page of 2 bucks killed on Black Warrior this weekend. Fine bucks

[img]https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5A8C65ED[/img]

[img]https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5AABDDD6[/img]
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/20/17 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: NWALJM
There's a couple of pics on the Alabama Wildlife & Fisheries Facebook page of 2 bucks killed on Black Warrior this weekend. Fine bucks

[img]https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5A8C65ED[/img]

[img]https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5AABDDD6[/img]

That first picture looked like a grandpas with all that grey on his nose

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/20/17 10:40 PM

There was a third bigger than both of those, as nice as they are. All great bucks.

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/20/17 11:55 PM

Were there no does killed Saturday?

Re: Hunt bankhead friday/saturday? - 11/21/17 07:07 AM

Yes they killed a few.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM