Aldeer.com

Browning BAR question

Posted By: Remington270

Browning BAR question - 11/13/17 09:55 PM

One of the things stopping me from buying a semi-auto deer gun is the noise associated with slamming the action closed in the stand. Is it as loud as an AR? I've heard stories of the gun not firing due to folks not closing the action with enough force. Can any of y'all speak to this?
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/13/17 09:59 PM

I slam mine at the truck and climb with it on my back. I tried easing it shut once and it didn't go bang! Not quite as loud as an AR, but not quiet. You can't ease one like a bolt action. It's never been a problem after I found out. I've been using one since 1990. Hunt Safe
Posted By: crocker

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/13/17 10:00 PM

I have shot a bar for years. No need to slam action. Ease it down. It’s obvious if it’s down or not.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/13/17 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: crocker
I have shot a bar for years. No need to slam action. Ease it down. It’s obvious if it’s down or not.

This ^^^^. Ease it closed and make sure the bolt handle is forward. I'll shoot.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/13/17 11:15 PM

I've been shooting one for over 30 years. Like others said, ease it forward then push it closed, never had a problem
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/13/17 11:23 PM

You gottah slam a browning or they wont shoot, they will but they wont when you needem to. Done the whole easin it shut before clicked on more than one deer,never again. That bein said ive slammed mine shut my hole life as follows. Slammed as soon as im legal to have a loaded firearm,unloaded at the base of the tree(unless its a ladder stand) and slammed again when done climbing. Yep been caught a few times unloaded and deer approaching. Solution: keep the clip in the gun and raise the rifle with target in scope and hopefully unalert, an rack it real quick like,click, boom. Never been a problem.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/14/17 01:13 AM

Mine if i ease the bolt forward and bump it idle good
Measure it always goes bang . Was using my dads once and I didn’t do that and that was the last time that happens
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/14/17 08:42 AM

I just ease mine open and closed without any issue. Or load it at the truck like Perch suggested.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/14/17 09:47 AM

I shot a BAR .270 a few years. Great shooting gun but couldn't tighten the groups over 250 yards. Went to an A-bolt over 20 years ago and never looked back.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/14/17 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
One of the things stopping me from buying a semi-auto deer gun is the noise associated with slamming the action closed in the stand. Is it as loud as an AR? I've heard stories of the gun not firing due to folks not closing the action with enough force. Can any of y'all speak to this?

This is why I shoot a bolt action.
Posted By: BobK

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/14/17 09:13 PM

Been shooting the one my wife got me 36 years ago for Anniversary present. It will flat shoot and I have a bunch of bolts including the Tikkas.You can slam it or ease it forward and long as bolt handle is forward mine has always fired.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/14/17 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: BobK
You can slam it or ease it forward and long as bolt handle is forward mine has always fired.

Mine too.

If the bolt and handle is forward in the fully closed position it doesn't matter how it got there, it will go BANG.
Posted By: TR

Re: Browning BAR question - 11/15/17 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: BobK
You can slam it or ease it forward and long as bolt handle is forward mine has always fired.

Mine too.

If the bolt and handle is forward in the fully closed position it doesn't matter how it got there, it will go BANG.

I agree with this post. Just push it forward with the heel of your hand and you're good.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM