Aldeer.com

Dream Lake

Posted By: auburn17

Dream Lake - 11/13/17 01:59 PM

Does anyone know anything about the fair chase hunts that Dream Lake offers?

Edited to correct place
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:00 PM

It's free range. In the big pen rofl
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:01 PM

As far as I know it is all free range in the big pen.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:03 PM

Not knocking it, but no, by definition it isn't fair chase.

From the Dream Ranch website:

Dream Ranch deer hunting consists of hunting in our 1400 acre trophy managed high fence preserve. The hunts are conducted on a fully guided one-on-one basis. Hunts take place in a 9x5 insulated shooting house, ladder stand, spot and stalk or rattling. We make it our number one priority to make sure you get a chance at your Dream Buck.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:10 PM

Fair chase at Dream Ranch??? rofl

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:11 PM

I can assure you our company isn't paying for 10 of us to hunt in the big pen.

Also from their website:

Dream Hunt I - Shooters Choice - November

The Dream Hunt is the opening weekend of Alabama Rifle Season. Hunters may harvest any Dream Buck on the Ranch...no limits! A limited number of spots are available for this record setting hunt, so reserve your spot today.

Y'all may be right, which is why I am asking. I'm not going if it's all fenced.

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:13 PM

Yes there are different packages where you pay more depending on the antler score, but the ranch itself is fenced, so no not fair chase.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:15 PM

I think I would just call them and ask and get it first hand so there is no mistake on what you are buying.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: auburn17
I can assure you our company isn't paying for 10 of us to hunt in the big pen.

Also from their website:

Dream Hunt I - Shooters Choice - November

The Dream Hunt is the opening weekend of Alabama Rifle Season. Hunters may harvest any Dream Buck on the Ranch...no limits! A limited number of spots are available for this record setting hunt, so reserve your spot today.

Y'all may be right, which is why I am asking. I'm not going if it's all fenced.

you can go and take pics, nobody is going t make you shoot one.

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:20 PM

Heck I'd go and happily shoot one if it's not on my dime, but just to answer the question it isn't a fair chase hunt. Still a cool thing for your company to do! I can think of plenty of other corporate activities that I wouldn't want to participate in.

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:27 PM

Glad I just called, it's not Dream Ranch we are going to. Now waiting on the correct place from my manager, and have to tell my customer we aren't going to Dream Ranch.

Fred, you are right I could go an take pics. I would much rather a customer who would appreciate the hunt go in my place. It would payoff better for us in the long run instead of me taking pics.

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:49 PM

We are going to Dream Lake Lodge, slightly different.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 02:54 PM

Looks like they have 6,000 acres of non high fence and 700 acres of "trophy preserve."
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 03:00 PM

Wait, I thought high fence hunting was “just as hard” as free range? That’s what everyone on aldeer told me.

Makes me wonder why all the milionaires spend all the time, money, and effort on high fence?

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Looks like they have 6,000 acres of non high fence and 700 acres of "trophy preserve."

Yeah we are hunting the 6,000 acres.

I don't have anything against high fences or people hunting in them, I just don't want to do it.

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Yeah we are hunting the 6,000 acres.

I don't have anything against high fences or people hunting in them, I just don't want to do it.

Sounds fun man. Good luck. Hope you drop a big one.

Re: Dream Ranch Fair Chase? - 11/13/17 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: mcninja
Sounds fun man. Good luck. Hope you drop a big one.

Thanks. Sorry for the confusion in the OP. My regional manager said "I knew it had Dream in it".
Posted By: LetOff

Re: Dream Lake - 11/13/17 03:50 PM

Never heard of Dream Ranch so went to site, viewed the gallary. Look at these crazy lookin thangs. No way your getting away with "I killed this in the national forest" story....
Sorta looks like some I'm catching on cam on my land so maybe not grin

Posted By: millstoneman

Re: Dream Lake - 11/13/17 03:57 PM

Took my son on hunt at Dream Lake 3 years ago and they had no fence and we had a great time...My son shot a very nice buck on youth weekend and we enjoyed ourselves very much. The guy running it, went out of his way to make sure we had a great time and great food. I would do it again without question.. As I said we went on youth weekend before any pressure, we fished and thoroughly enjoyed it!! Hope this helps
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Dream Lake - 11/13/17 04:14 PM

Spear weekend in mid-January is the one I get fired up over. Nothing like spear chunking at a 200 class whitetail.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Dream Lake - 11/13/17 06:42 PM

Reckon why there faces are marked out.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Dream Lake - 11/13/17 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: mike35549
Reckon why there faces are marked out.

Because he just did it?
Posted By: pcola4

Re: Dream Lake - 11/13/17 07:15 PM

Either way. Those are some fine bucks. Aubur17, good luck and let us know how you do.
Posted By: canvasback

Re: Dream Lake - 11/13/17 07:49 PM

All the grass in those kill pics looks like a daggum golf course.....jeesh
Originally Posted By: LetOff
Never heard of Dream Ranch so went to site, viewed the gallary. Look at these crazy lookin thangs. No way your getting away with "I killed this in the national forest" story....
Sorta looks like some I'm catching on cam on my land so maybe not grin

Posted By: willdo22

Re: Dream Lake - 11/13/17 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Gotcha1
Spear weekend in mid-January is the one I get fired up over. Nothing like spear chunking at a 200 class whitetail.

rofl
Posted By: Pickens_Pete

Re: Dream Lake - 11/15/17 01:43 PM

Are you referring to Dream Lake or Dream Ranch auburn17? Those are two totally different hunting operations
Posted By: twistedtines

Re: Dream Lake - 11/15/17 08:01 PM

I've heard mixed reviews on the place. I live close by. It's a great area... I would expect that everyone should see deer, and if the weather is decent, 1 or 2 people will probably get an opportunity at a decent buck. For a free trip, it should be worth looking forward to. Even more so if they'll let you fish too. The lakes are supposed to be phenomenal

Re: Dream Lake - 11/15/17 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Pickens_Pete
Are you referring to Dream Lake or Dream Ranch auburn17? Those are two totally different hunting operations

I was originally told by my boss that is was dream ranch, but it's Dream Lake that we are actually going to.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll report back how it went. I am definitely taking fishing gear
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Dream Lake - 11/15/17 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: twistedtines
I've heard mixed reviews on the place. I live close by. It's a great area... I would expect that everyone should see deer, and if the weather is decent, 1 or 2 people will probably get an opportunity at a decent buck. For a free trip, it should be worth looking forward to. Even more so if they'll let you fish too. The lakes are supposed to be phenomenal

It's a great area yes but I wouldn't count on 1-2 people having a shot at good bucks. I carried a bunch of customers there last year and not a single good buck was seen in three days of hunting.
Posted By: Pickens_Pete

Re: Dream Lake - 11/15/17 10:01 PM

My buddies dad actually owns the place and I have hunted in numerous times to thin out some does and pigs the past 8 or so years.. I personally have seen a ton of good 130class or higher shooter bucks. It is nothing to see upwards of 50 deer in a field. Bunch of nonstop action. Fishing is also very good this time of year. Mr Jeff and Butch do a fine job to satisfy customers
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Dream Lake - 11/15/17 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Pickens_Pete
My buddies dad actually owns the place and I have hunted in numerous times to thin out some does and pigs the past 8 or so years.. I personally have seen a ton of good 130class or higher shooter bucks. It is nothing to see upwards of 50 deer in a field. Bunch of nonstop action. Fishing is also very good this time of year. Mr Jeff and Butch do a fine job to satisfy customers
sounds about spot on. I use to hunt the land adjoining this growing up for squirrels. Old friends family land. Been some big bucks taken off that place going back 30 years.

Re: Dream Lake - 11/26/17 04:44 PM

A little late, but wanted to update. We had a great hunt/weekend at Dream Lake. Food and accommodations were top notch, fishing was awesome, and hunting was pretty dang good.

Our group wound up killing two 8 points (1 shouldn't have been killed), 4 does, and a hog. I wound up seeing 8 rack bucks Saturday afternoon and 3 were shooters.

Buck I shot:
https://imgur.com/a/qMkVk
https://imgur.com/a/wOcRo

© 2024 ALDEER.COM