Aldeer.com

SOA alternate

Posted By: Southwood7

SOA alternate - 10/12/17 09:15 AM

I got an email last night that I am now a “HUNTER” for the Uchee creek gun hunt starting Feb 7th. If your an alternate keep checking your email, you might get picked after all! I’m really excited to go down and hunt what should be a good tract of land.

Now, if y’all are familiar with the area does anyone have any leads on a place to stay down there? 3FFarms is my guest so you might get to meet him and get a free quote on your home and auto insurance! laugh
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: SOA alternate - 10/12/17 12:17 PM

lucky dog ! get a bigun
Posted By: AC870

Re: SOA alternate - 10/12/17 12:56 PM

Sounds like alternates can still get in if a hunter unregisters.
Just got this email:

You are getting this email because you have accepted being an alternate on one of the Special Opportunity Area hunts for the 2017-2018 season.

Each hunt has a list of alternates. You are an alternate for the hunt you accepted. You can view your hunt information at the following link https://publichunts.dcnr.alabama.gov/Public/AvailableHunts/10 . Log in by clicking on the Sign in to My Hunts Registration link and entering your date of birth and conservation ID.

If a selected hunter unregisters form one of the hunts, the person on top of the randomly selected alternate list will automatically move into the selected hunter position and receive and email notification. At that time there is no action required on your behalf. By accepting the alternate position, you have confirmed your interest in attending that hunt. However, if your schedule or interest has changed you would need to visit the above link and unregister, allowing the next alternate the same opportunity.

At this time our registration system does not have the ability built in to display standings on the alternate list on your registration page. We will certainly look into making that improvement for next year.

We appreciate your interest in the Special Opportunity Area hunting program. Good luck on moving into a hunter position. There has already been several alternates that have moved up from selected hunters unregistering.

Thanks,

Chris Smith
Assistant Chief
Wildlife Section
3342423859 Office
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: SOA alternate - 10/12/17 01:05 PM

I just got the same email
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: SOA alternate - 10/12/17 03:21 PM

I got that email too. Maybe next year they will let you know where you are on the alternate list to help decide which one to pick.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: SOA alternate - 10/12/17 06:02 PM

If they let you know what number you were then they couldn't have selected 3/4 of the people that signed up to be alternates. Giving false hope and taking away preference points at the same time, ain't it grand.
Posted By: HeartofDixie

Re: SOA alternate - 10/12/17 09:47 PM

I went from Alternate to Hunter for Crow Creek duck hunt. Pumped!

Anyone have any experience duck hunting up that way? Any advice as to what expect?
Posted By: James

Re: SOA alternate - 10/12/17 09:56 PM

Nice! I flipping forgot all about it...
Posted By: Guru

Re: SOA alternate - 10/13/17 07:40 PM

Still stuck as an alternate for the 12/7 Cedar Creek gun hunt.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: SOA alternate - 10/14/17 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: HeartofDixie
I went from Alternate to Hunter for Crow Creek duck hunt. Pumped!

Anyone have any experience duck hunting up that way? Any advice as to what expect?

What date? I have never hunted up there but have a customer ery close and he is bog tome into ducks. They have lots every year
© 2024 ALDEER.COM