Aldeer.com

Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations

Posted By: ivanwright

Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/11/17 10:41 AM

For those that self process, do you use vacuum sealers? If so, can you recommend a couple?

I've always used plastic wrap / freezer paper combination, but thinking I want to move to a sealer.

Thank you for the recommendations!
Posted By: Cullman_bamahunt

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/11/17 11:36 AM

I use ziplock and have 0 complaints
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/11/17 11:55 AM

Have always processed my own. Also, with 5 boys, bought a lot of bulk meat and cut it up myself. I use the FoodSaver v4440 Appliance Vacuum Sealer with Retractable Handheld Sealer. Wish I had bought it a long time ago!
Posted By: CCC

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/11/17 12:07 PM

I freeze a lot of fish in summer and partially process my own deer ( I do the tenders and straps myself and drop off quarters to be made into burger and sausages).

I have a VacMaster 215 chamber Sealer. It's far and above better thanany of the regular vacuum sealers. Also, bags for it run around $0.02 each.

It's worth looking in to.
Posted By: ivanwright

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/11/17 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Oscarflytyer
Have always processed my own. Also, with 5 boys, bought a lot of bulk meat and cut it up myself. I use the FoodSaver v4440 Appliance Vacuum Sealer with Retractable Handheld Sealer. Wish I had bought it a long time ago!

This one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DI342B4/ref=asc_df_B00DI342B45211277/
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/11/17 05:54 PM

I'm gonna say game saver titanium but they don't make the game saver silver like I have anymore. The titanium is supposed to be way better. Don't get a standard kitchen model, those are for when your wife wants to freeze last nights spaghetti, not sealing 30 packs of deer meat. It pisses you off when you have meat sitting out at room temp waiting to be bagged and you are ready to be done and your sealer overheats every 3 seals and you have to wait 6 minutes for it to cool off so you can seal 3 more bags and wait 5 more minutes. I've had 3 different ones, make sure it is a game saver and not a food saver.
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/11/17 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: ivanwright
Originally Posted By: Oscarflytyer

This one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DI342B4/ref=asc_df_B00DI342B45211277/

Yessir. One I have. It does the standard 'tube' style bags you cut to length and seal on both ends. It also has the adapter on left side. It will work with the zip lock style bags that need the round style vacuum tube. And, the adapter will also work with a vacuum bowl that does speed marinating.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/11/17 07:33 PM

If you are looking for any other processing equipment, i have several once used like new items. But I used the plastic game bags and a tape dispenser.
Posted By: bigbuck101

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/12/17 10:36 AM

This is one of the ones I have super nice machine.

https://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/ary-876380.html
Posted By: Mowens

Re: Self Processing - Vaccum Sealer Recommendations - 10/13/17 02:17 PM

Several years ago I ran across a ziplock brand vacuum sealer at walmart. 3 years and many boxes of bags later it still runs great. If it died tommorow I would buy another in a heartbeat.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM